Friday, June 14, 2019

Another unexciting week

Saturday: Had to work, was going to go to a sale in the morning, but when I went back to look at the ad, it sounded like a lot of larger items, and I just didn't feel like it. 
Received a wish of anything mason jar:
These are ziploc bags. I know you can't tell, but that blue one was huge.
A wish of happy mail, minion & unicorn items:
 My favorite item is that girl on the right side. She's supposed to be a bookmark.
Work was ok, I expected it to be busier due to the fact that summer has started.
Sunday: I had to work again. It started off interesting, our Automated Handling System wasn't sorting correctly, and seemed to have been doing it since maybe later on Saturday night. It took us awhile to get things checked in and taken care of. Again, not so busy. I went to Cold Stone Creamery with a co-worker afterwards. That was good, I had chocolate ice cream with peanut butter in it.
Monday: was ok. Nothing too exciting happened.
Received my first Summer Solstice Smiles item:
 In one of my groups (not a mail one), there was a sign up to send out mail to 9 other people, to give them something to smile about. Of course I signed up. I had just gotten a bunch of cards at a garage sale, so I just picked some of those and sent them out. I couldn't send just the cards, so I included some washi samples as well, used up about 4 rolls. I also may have gone a bit overboard with stickers on envelopes. I was sorting out my stickers and wanted to use some.
Tuesday: put together a few things.
Llama tag and a wish of gel pens:
 I wanted to send this stationery set for the llama tag, but I knew it would be very close to a package, when that happens I like to put something else in it to make sure we all know it's a parcel. I don't want people to have to pay postage. I made sure to grant a wish for this person and went with a wish of gel pens.
Sunshine box:
 We basically had to fill up a priority mail envelope or box with destash.
wish of happy mail:
 wish of birthday surprise:
 wish for planner stickers:
 Balloon card:
 Monster card:
 I had woken up with a headache and it just got worse throughout the day, so I called in sick to work and went to bed early.
Wednesday: put together a flat item tag:
 And headed off to work.
I received a destash box:
 There was a lot of random alphabets in it. This was a wish granted from April, so she was a bit late, but I don't track wishes as much.
I have too many books checked out and I've been in a rut of just renewing them, so I'm trying to actually read them. I bit the bullet and suspended all my active holds on books so I wouldn't be accruing more, now let's see if I can actually read the other books.
Thursday: spent the day trying to read books.
Received a wish of happy mail:
 Unfortunately nothing in it makes me happy. I have decided to stop doing wishes again. I mainly started doing them to get some surprises for my birthday, I knew I wouldn't have much to open on my birthday (and this was before I found out about my parents plans).
I had planned to go shopping, but didn't get to it in the morning and didn't feel like it in the afternoon. I was checking out garage sales and noticed there weren't many and certainly no close ones, so decided to go on Friday.
Friday: of course I got lost in youtube, but made myself go out about 10:30 and then it was sorta chilly out, and I got stopped by a train and then it started sprinkling.
First stop was Dollar Tree, I needed some envelopes.
 stickers, inflatable, pineapple, shower pouf, pens.
I told myself not to go down the sticker aisle, but I do it anyway. There weren't a lot of new ones, I liked the chalkboard looking ones and these few planner stickers (I already used one of them). I picked up the monkey for a monkey tag. I had stickers I was going to send, but then I saw this in the store and knew I had to send it. The pineapple is decor for my desk at work. I'll need a new shower pouf next month and I just liked the pens.
 There's my envelopes (which means I'll find the other ones now), totally needed the rest. I wanted to buy some of the pastries in their snack section, even though I know they are dry, but I also was thinking about having lunch.
I was originally going to go to Perkins for lunch, but decided I wasn't quite hungry at that time, so since I was going to a store that was further south, I went to a local place and got a chocolate shake and some cheese curds:
 It was pretty good, lots of kids and would have been more fun if I was with friends.
Next up was Books a Million, I don't make it there very often, and I only go for the other stuff, not books.
blind bags, Narwhal keychain ($4), stuffed dragon ($6).
Dragons really make me happy.
Gremlins Blind bag ($7):
 Plushie key chain blind bag ($6):
 Sailor Moon blind bag ($3):
 I totally opened one just cause I wanted to.
And a couple pint size heroes blind bags ($2 each):
I've been having way too much fun with blind bags. I bought these for my birthday. I wonder if there's a discount site for blind bags.
I was considering buying a niffler keychain, but went with the narwhal instead, partly because it was half as much.
I was standing in line listening to the salesperson talk to the person in front of me and she's telling her about this great rewards program they have about saving x amount on books (she had a stack of books) and how you could give it to relatives and anyone you wanted and it was only $35. I was thinking, here's an even greater deal, get a library card where everything is free. Sure you don't get to keep the books, but we have a great selection.
I stopped at Verizon on the way to my next stop. My phone is really old and I'll need to get a new one, and since the world tells me prices will be going up soon, I was hoping to get one. Unfortunately I'm on a family plan and the people to verify that are on vacation. So, I got some ideas and I'll probably ask some advice on facebook.
Next stop was Walmart: I had to take something back. After doing the return, I remembered I needed flip flops and checked out the clearance section while I was there.
 Flip flops ($10), cards ($0.75 each). I was going to look at clearanced clothing and food, but I just wasn't into it. Most of the reason I go shopping around lunch time is because I can't think of food otherwise, I guess in this instance it helped me save money.
Last stop was Target: I needed to pick up some red vines for a swap and I needed toothbrush heads.
 coin purse ($3), red vines ($3), toothbrush heads ($15), tattoos ($1), labels ($2).
I always check out the clearance sections every where I go, this little bee was originally $8, no way would I pay that. I figured, I could cut off the ugly strap and use it as a coin purse. Why do toothbrush heads have to be so expensive? I had used cash everywhere else, but had to use my card here.
Made 10,000 steps on my way home and found a bunch of mail when I got there.
Mermaid tag:
 Very cute, rather large, more of a small purse size. Also, smells kinda funny. I'd love to have a strap on this one.
Wish for something unicorn:
 I like the selection. My favorite is that playing card and the washi samples.
penpal letter:
 sadly, I can't read her writing.
Summer Solstice smiles card:
 I didn't take a picture of the outside, but it was paper cut as well. LOVE IT!!!
Another Summer Solstice smiles card:
 I am not a Harry Potter fan, but after talking myself out of the niffler keychain today, I was very excited to get this in the mail. Also, the person sending it to me drew it.
And a birthday surprise:
I tucked it in my birthday bag with my other birthday surprises.
It was a pretty good day, I just wish I had more friends to hang out with. I wish I could have gone to Tuesday morning with friends.

No comments: