Friday, May 10, 2019

Sloth stickers

Saturday: I had to close at the library, wasn't too bad. Got a wish of sticker flakes in the mail:
 Sunday: Got some stuff ready to mail.
Granted a wish of something homemade:
 A wish of project life cards:
 And found an interesting tidbit about my birthday:
 Also had to work that day, nicely it was busy. I haven't worked a Sunday in awhile. After I got done working on Saturday, I was setting my alarm for Friday, because I'm used to working Saturday and then the following Friday. If we work the whole weekend, we don't work the following Friday. So, I had a 4 day weekend and then signed up to work graduation.
Monday: opened at the library.
Found orange happy mail when I got home:
 It was from Ireland, I always hope that when I get international people tagging me that I'll get something exciting. I really like the orange paper clip and I devoured the tic tacs.
Also found a Send Me Something Unique:
 Inside the package:
 I did not find it very unique, I've decided to stop doing this tag. This is the definition of unique: being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, Apparently, not everyone goes by this definition. And I'm tired of getting not unique things.
Tuesday: Put together some happy mail:
 And some more happy mail:
 And a sloth tag:
 Received a Fabric Friday tag:
 We were supposed to make something with fabric. I admit I'm a bit disappointed in this one. The person who tagged me makes these beautiful items with paper and sewing and to get something that she just printed on fabric, I was a little bummed. She said she's not very good at sewing on fabric. It's cute, I just am not entirely sure what I'll do with it.
Also received a wish of chocolate:
It was from England, I also wished it was something I couldn't get here. And I don't really like it. Oh well, it's time to stop asking for chocolate, as it will soon show up melted.
Closed at the library, we were a bit short due to people being sick and I had a horrible headache all evening. If it wasn't just the three of us, I would have gone home. I even chose something else to work on so I didn't have to focus on details so much.
Wednesday: Opened at the library, normal day. After leaving I had four days away from the library (not that work is bad, but it's good to have a break), for some reason I was in my email after I got home and found something that took some work to do, the work wasn't actually needed.. I am going to ignore my email until I go back on Monday, so I don't have to worry about anything. People just don't realize how much work certain parts of my job are, or what goes into doing them.
Mailed a llama tag:
 I bought this on Hollar awhile ago and am so excited to send it out for a tag.
This was actually the cheapest run to the post office that I've had in awhile. The llama tag was a parcel and I had to pay for an International stamp and that was it. I may have put the parcel together just to feel like I was spending money.
I received a butterfly pocket letter in the mail:
And I shopped on Hollar. I've been scaling back on my tags/swaps lately because I feel I'm spending way more in postage than I'm getting back (I realize it shouldn't matter, but it really does. When you send out a parcel for something and you get a letter back, it matters, and it costs more money than I should be spending), so I bought some stuff for me.
I was taking an inventory of what I was getting in the mail and what I was liking. I decided to stop doing a few specific tags because I'm not liking what I'm getting in return. My incoming mail has slowed down considerably and I hate it, but that's how it goes when you stop doing stuff. It's supposed to be that if I participate in more things that I have to mail out, I can't shop as much, I'm not doing very good at it. Of course I haven't really been shopping that much since the beginning of the month (a whole week). The money I used last week had already come out of my bank account, and I've been working. Maybe that's why I chose to work graduation this weekend, so I wouldn't be tempted to shop.
Thursday: I had a plan of going up to a garage sale and walking home, but it was barely in the 40's when I got up. Not happening. So, I slacked off and watched movies all day.
I did have to go out to the grocery store because I accidentally froze my Mountain Dew and I was really looking forward to it.
Also got a couple things in the mail.
A replacement tag of Send Me Something Fuzzy:
 I'm tired of people sending me socks. I've decided not to do the Send Me Something tag anymore. Like I said above, people's definitions of unique are not the same as mine and it's just one more thing to deal with.
Wish of sticker flakes:
 These came from either Aliexpress or Wish, they always take a long time to get here (cause they're coming from China), and rarely tell me who they're from. I only knew because the person who sent them to me had posted a picture when they bought them. I find the ones on the right kinda scary, plus sadly some of them weren't fully printed, like the bear on the bicycle, unfortunately he's just hanging out in midair.
Friday: I had planned again to go to this sale up north and walk home, but since I was working graduation that night I just didn't want to.
I went to another sale and found a bunch of cards to buy:
 Each package had about 11 cards in it.
 They were all about 75 cents.
 There was a wide array of birthday, blank, get well soon, thank you, even a random Halloween card.
 Figured I'd either use them or send them out in my tags.
 A few I thought I'd cut up and use in my art.
 Total spent on them was $5.75, thought it was a good deal for about 80 cards.
 Put together a few things to send out.
Pineapple tag:
 I totally just got this for the last pineapple tag, but I'm not going to use it, so thought I'd pass it on. I remember the person who mailed it to me got it mailed as a letter, pretty sure I won't be that lucky.
Flat mail:
 We had to choose something flat to send. As I won't use this either, thought I'd send it along. Sandwiched it in one of those cards I bought to get it a bit more rigid.
Use what you get swap:
 We send a die cut to our partner, they make a card and post it in the swap page. I got this one in another swap and thought I'd see what my partner could come up with it.
Fab Flat Five:
 Basically the same as above, but you send 5 items. My partner said she liked crafting supplies, so I chose the glue dots, gemstones and iron on patch. I just thought the hanging was cute.
Stickerpalooza:
 We send our partner 10 sheets of stickers. My partner said she liked sugar skulls, rainbows and stars.
Also made a pocket letter:
 And realized I'm out of the plastic holders.
Which means I'll have to go to Target soon. I have decided to try and not buy crafting supplies for a year. I have enough stuff, I don't need more. I know I keep saying I'm trying not to buy as much and that never works. I'm going to try really hard with this one. The only reasons I can buy crafting supplies is if I get to go to Tuesday Morning, or find something at a great deal, which does not include garage sales. It sorta does, but also doesn't I usually find cute stickers at garage sales, but that would be something I wouldn't buy. Now, if it was a paper pad that's usually $20 and I get it for $5, maybe. It helps that I haven't been anywhere, but I don't work next weekend and I'm making myself go out to garage sales, even if there aren't a lot close by. I told myself I'd go out as often as possible to garage sales this year, I was too lazy on it last year and I think that helped my weight gain.
I worked graduation at 4:30, thought it would just be when the people were coming in, but they had 4 graduations today, and I guess they decided with times and stuff it was easier to just make sure there were people there all day. So, my shift started in the middle of one and went through until people had left from that one. I was told it will be about the same tomorrow. And the shift will be longer, I don't like being bored at work.
Found some sticker sheets when I got home:
These were mailed from Germany on the 5th, it took them 5 days to get here, that's the fastest I've ever had something from overseas get here.

No comments: