Friday, July 27, 2018

Panda notebook

So, it's been a week, did you miss me?
Friday: I had off because I worked the weekend. I finished the book, Radium Girls by Kate Moore. That was a touching book, it keeps sticking in my mind.
Saturday: I had to work, I totally drank a Mountain Dew on Saturday and Sunday to make me less grumpy and though it did work, I need to find a better way to be less grumpy. I got some happy mail.
Letter N:
 Notecard and notebook.
Sunday: I also had to work, the library was really dead. I did put together some swaps/tags, though.
Birthday pocket letter for July
 Mermaid tag:
 Magnet tag:
 Surprise tag:
 It's a fabric banner I picked up from Hobby Lobby.
Surprise tag:
 Monday: I was so tired when I went in to work. I saw this cool truck on my way home:
 I also had some happy mail waiting for me.
Letter M:
 Mask and mini rug
Happy mail:
 Tuesday: No matter how much I try to change my routine, I still get a lot of my swaps/tags done on Tuesday. That's what happens when my mailing day is Wednesday. I suppose it could be Mondays, but I like my routine, I know the people working at the post office when I get done on Wednesdays.
SMS Sticky:
 I had seed a post by the person I was sending to, that she picked up a bunch of vintage stickers at a thrift store, so I dug these out of my stash and sent them to her. I did include some stickers in case she didn't like them.
ATC:
 I admit, I basically just use the scraps on my desk when making these. I really love the bright colors and how this one turned out.
Favorites:
 The person I sent to liked cute socks.
Letter O:
 Normally, I try to send a selection of things, but I knew O was always going to be an owl.
Summer ATCs:
 How cute is that little girl in her camp clothes?
and some napkins.
 Wednesday: work, was not exciting. nothing else really happened that day.
Thursday: I signed up to work extra hours and hit downtown dollar days on my way home. I didn't find anything I couldn't live without, until I stopped in at a second hand clothing store. I spent $25 on two shirts and a dress, I'm not sure it was worth it, but I need some new shirts lately. I found some happy mail when I got home.
Wish of something snail and unicorn:
 Not what I was expecting, but they'll get used.
wish for international snacks:
 I've already eaten the mochi and the green tea koalas, so good.
I put together some more tags.
Snack:
 candy bag:
 Flamingo:
 Unicorn:
 I was originally supposed to have a 4 day weekend, until I signed up to work on Thursday. I know I would have gotten bored, so it's ok. I keep thinking today is Saturday, though. When I got up this morning, the internet was down, it just came back up around 1pm. I did get on facebook with my phone, but for some reason my phone network is not very strong down here. I found a listing for a sale just down the street and it had pictures of lots of scrapbook paper, so since the internet was down I decided to check it out.
I found this guy while I was out:
 I don't think I've ever seen a cicada in their shell.
Here's what I picked up.
stickers, die cuts, paper, ribbon.
There was a ton of scrapbooking things, but I thought the prices were a bit high. There were a bunch of 12x12 paperpads that they had priced at $10, and single sheets of paper for $1 each. That's more or about the same I would pay at Hobby Lobby, so no I didn't buy them. I'm not paying what I could at the store at a garage sale, I desperately wanted to go to Hobby Lobby afterwards, but I haven't. the 12x12 paper pads even had some paper missing, at Hobby Lobby, they'll be $20 or $15, but there's frequent sales where the paper is 50% off, and the single sheets of paper are usually $0.60. If the paper was 10 for a $1, I probably would have got some, there was a bunch of cardstock and patterned paper, but it was priced the same.
I saw signs for two other sales while I was out, I got some stuff at one of them.
the two boxes on the bottom are invitations and a notebook.
I have to do a sweet treats flip book and tag swap for my groups, so I thought the cupcakes would be great. As I was paying at this sale, they mentioned they'd have more stuff tomorrow. Sorry, kids I don't need any of this, I'm not coming back tomorrow to buy more stuff I don't need.

No comments: