Saturday, July 07, 2018

Catching up

So, it's been a little while since I posted. I went to St. Louis last week and was basically already in vacation mode the week before and was getting ready for it. This will be a quick recap, I'll post individual days later.
Here are a few things I sent out the week of 6/24.
SMS historical:
The person I was sending to also lives in Iowa, so I included a bunch of Iowa stuff. There's notecards, some pictures, a graduation announcement, and some random stuff I've found while garage saleing.
Letter L:
I was going to go with lace, but I admit, I wanted to keep it cheap, so I sent her a bunch of die cut leaves, and Love. There's a random Laugh in there, too.
I created another explosion box for my supervisor:
I also mailed a junk journal supply tag:
I included some coloring cards, die cuts, tags, stamps, vintage stuff, postcards.
We had a new bread place open here in town and they brought us a loaf of bread:
I love how squishy it was, you knew it was homemade.
And here's what I did last week. We left on the 29th and had about a 6 hour drive up there, that was an adventure.
Saturday, the 30th, we went to the zoo, this is my favorite picture:
 It was wickedly hot, the temp reached 91 by lunchtime and felt like 111. The elephants were the only animals that were really active. They had a pool and the mom and baby in the above picture were playing in it. This is after they came out.
Sunday, July 1st, we toured the blues museum and then had a barbecue and a concert afterwards. I don't have any pictures from that day.
Monday, July 2nd (my birthday), we went to the Botanical Center.
 Another hot day. It was in the 90s every day we were there. Flowers aren't really my thing, this was more for my mother, but I took a lot of pictures of weird flowers in their climatron.
Tuesday, July 3rd (my mother's birthday), we went on a tour of a chocolate factory.
 Unfortunately, they had to clean their equipment that week, so we ended up buying chocolate and waiting for the bus for the return trip.
Wednesday, July 4th, we saw the parade, totally beats Ames 4th of July parade.
 We also went on a trolley tour around town. This beautiful church was on it.
Thursday, July 5th, we went to the public library:
 I have a few pictures of architectural details, but I was more interested in just looking around the library and seeing how they did things.
Friday, July 6th we came home. Thankfully that van ride was less adventurous.
I found a bunch of mail when I got home.
A reusable tote bag:
Very cute, it's also a different size than I'm used to.
 A pocket letter:
This was more of a see how many goodies I can pack in here than a decorated pocket letter.
 A flip book:
I love the envelope style she chose.
 SMS handmade, a bookmark:
This was a replacement for someone else, I still thought it was very cute.
 An orange tag:
Another replacement, I love how much stuff she included, a great variety.
 Spring ATCs
Loving the dimension in these.
 A spring pocket letter:
Loving the use of stamps and coloring.
 Today, there was more mail, though I'm not entirely sure if it's today's mail or yesterdays.
SMS fuzzy:
Very fuzzy, I love tags, it's fun to see other people's interpretations.
 Letter E:
E is for envelopes, english tea, egg stamps, elephant washi and an elephant.
 Happy mail:
some note paper, cards, stickers, and ephemera
 birthday cards:


 a private swap:
I had messed up and was unable to do another swap I wanted to do, so asked if someone wanted to take a chance on me. She missed my post about being out of town this past week, so I got it before I sent hers out. I love the album and frames.

No comments: