Saturday, June 23, 2018

Duct tape

So, I was going to go garage saleing this morning, but after realizing one sale was all large antiquey items and one was someone's I wasn't really interested in seeing, there were only 2 left and they weren't close. I did have to pick up a few more things for the upcoming trip, so I ventured to Target, Walmart, Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.
First up was Target:
 My electric toothbrush is slowly dying, so I had to get a new one before it went completely out. I tried brushing my teeth manually, but my teeth are messed up and the electric round head really gets in the nooks and crannies. I picked up the Target brand one, first because it was cheaper (only $19) and second to see how long it lasts. The Braun 3D pulsating one I have has lasted me years, I want to see how long this one lasts and if it's cost effective to just buy the cheaper ones. I picked up a bralette on sale and some flipz.
Second was Walmart:
 I needed another bralette. I had picked up the gray/white one a few weeks ago and it's wicked comfortable, so I wanted another one for the trip, I decided to pick up another beige one as well. I may have gotten a little too excited when I saw these large envelopes were only $1, they weren't really that much on sale, apparently they were $1.10 to begin with, but every little bit helps.
It's always a bad idea to go down the clearance aisle.
 I found the monster and birthday cake in the clearance aisle as well. The monster was $0.75 and the birthday cake $0.50. I think I should have just picked up the monster and not the birthday cake. Oh well. I always check out the food clearance aisle as well and picked up the waffle chip sandwiches, I had to pick up another bag of these u-gua things, not exactly sure what they are other than sweet. The Haribo is a mix of all their different gummies.
Dollar Tree:
 This may be the only time I've ever gone in and not bought stickers. I seem to always buy stickers and I have a ton I haven't used. I did pick up these cute gift bags and cards. I can't pass up cards, you never know when you'll need one. Also, picked up some cute birthday cards, don't know when I'll need those either.
 Here's the boring stuff. I like these cups and the one I got last year is getting sad. I have all of two plastic cups I use. The bags and sunscreen are for the trip.
I also think I'm taking all the snacks on the trip.
Lastly, Hobby Lobby:
 I mainly wanted to go because all the paper was half off. I had picked up some birthday paper and a paper pad, but then I turned down the aisle with the duct tape, and picked up 9 rolls. The paper went back on the shelf. I'd rather use duct tape to package my packages, right now I'm using my double stick tape with washi on top, it is helping me use up my washi, but I don't want to use up the double stick tape. I feel these will hold me for awhile, and considering they were all originally $5.99, it was a great deal. I also loved the little smiley face magnet, the envelope stickers, the macaroon Christmas ornament and the shell jewelry piece.
The mailman was delivering the mail when I left, so I opened it when I got home.
Letter K and SMS handmade.
 My partner was very creative with the letter K of a postcard with a kid and kitten, knife and kebabs.
A spring tag:
Very cute
And a birthday card, which I'm saving until my birthday. So far it's been a good day.

No comments: