Friday, June 15, 2018

Medium

Tuesday: I realized I had a book due Friday and actually read it in one day. I was pretty impressed with myself.
Wednesday: mailed a bunch of swaps.
Time for me:
 July calendar tag:
 Spring ATCs:
 ATC tag:
 SMS loveable:
 I had the hardest time with this tag. I was going to send a stuffed animal, but didn't really know what to send, and then I was going to send a Snoopy book I just bought, but realized it would be heavy to send, and then I remembered these cute animal prints I had, so I sent them.
Happy mail:
 The person I had liked religious stuff (the card), used postage stamps (the stamp envelope), photography (the postcard) and retro stuff (the calendar card), and I figured, who doesn't love stickers?
Dollar Store tag:
Also had a hard time with this one, finally decided on this coin purse and stamp set.
I also mailed a J tag: jokes, jacket (a piece of stationery), Jonathan (some card I had). SMS prickly: I stamped some images of cacti and hedgehogs.
I have an issue with mice in my ceiling and Tuesday night this little guy appeared:
 He came back Wednesday night and I realized the trap had been tripped and there was a larger dead brown mouse.
Thursday this happened:
 tons of rain and flash floods. A bunch of our streets were flooded due to the torrential rainfall.
I couldn't figure out if the mail was delivered really late Wednesday or really early on Thursday. I'm leaning to late on Wednesday since the mail was barely wet after I went out about 10AM to check it and that was shortly after the huge rainstorm.
I don't have pictures, but I got my H happy mail of Hershey's and hand sanitizer I totally ate all the Hershey's, a birthday card I kinda wish I knew it was a birthday card before I opened it so I could save it until my birthday and a penpal letter. The person who sent the birthday card didn't say she was sending it, so I didn't have her on my list, if I had, I would've known to not open it.
I worked on sorting and cleaning my crafty stuff and finishing a book on Thursday.
As I was heading to bed Thursday night, my little friend came out again and I caught him.
 He's so cute!! I wish I could have kept him, he's very tiny:
I took him out to the trash can and dumped him in there, he had a fighting chance, I just didn't want him back in the house, so gave him a way to travel to get back.
Friday: I got up to go garage saleing. There was a heat advisory, so I just hit a few. This was the first one:
I loved the show Medium and have missed it dearly. I'm not sure how many seasons there were, this sale only had season one, but I picked it up for $2, Mrs. Doubtfire was $1.
I used to just go to sales that had interesting sounding ads, but started going to sales that are close to me a few years ago, because there's always something that doesn't get in the ad, and it could be that thing I'm looking for.
The next two sales I didn't find anything. I had planned to hit TJ Maxx at the mall since one of the sales was right next to it, but I didn't factor in the fact that the mall doesn't open until 10, and I left about 20 of 9. I also didn't factor in how long it would take me to get there. Unfortunately, TJ Maxx was not open when I got there, so I decided to kill time at Walmart and then hit TJ Maxx on my way home.
I found a few interesting things:
 Ren and Stimpy, blast from my childhood.
Also:
 Another blast from the past.
Ren and Stimpy were $10, and the Gremlins were $12, but I certainly don't need toys. I found something better to spend my money on:
 Earrings, Dot-to-Dot book, sticky notes, horchata drink mix, tape, washi, gummies, chocolate.
I was doing really good not picking stuff up, until I wandered down the stationery aisle.
First I found the washi:
 They are five rolls at 5 yards each.
Here's the side:
 Which doesn't look like five yards, but they must be washi thickness, like tissue paper. It's amazing what's considered washi, but I think if it's thicker than tissue paper, it's not actually washi, which is the whole reason I'm not buying the Dollar Tree stuff anymore.
The sticky notes:
 They were 3 pads of 90 sheets each.
Here are the packs open:
The first was mermaid, unicorn, and rainbow. The next was sloth, raccoon, and fox. The last was flamingo, pineapple and cactus. That second pack is kinda weird, the raccoon and fox look kinda mean, but sloth.
The washi and sticky note packs were $1.88 each.
As I was leaving Walmart, I saw my local buses showing up at the mall, so I decided to just catch the bus home, as I was almost home, my dad got on the bus and we went to campus to get lunch.
When I got home, I realized I only walked about 2 miles, if I had realized that before I would have walked home. Oh well, I got a free lunch out of it.

No comments: