Monday, June 11, 2018

I bought an octopus

Sunday: work, very busy, but it's Sunday, that's normal. I finally finished watching all the seasons of ER. It was pretty cool that they brought all the original cast back for the last season. I recall growing up watching ER and Third Watch and loving the camaraderie in their workplaces, I always wished I could work somewhere that people cared about their co-workers like they did in those shows. I keep hoping that will happen at my workplace.
Monday: I had to open, I feel we are just busier in the summer, and much busier in the mornings than I'm used to. We had a lost child, two dogs in the library (one a working dog, the other the owner left in the vestibule because we don't allow dogs in the library), and way too busy.
I went to lunch with a friend and then went shopping.
Dollar Tree:
 How cute is that sign and the flamingo pens? The sign is metal, I kinda wanna keep it, but I feel I'll pass it on to someone else. Also, the flamingo pens, there was a pink one, but I didn't really like it. I picked up the nail art to use on art.
 Stickers.
 Food, I was looking for sugar-free chocolate for a swap. The Hershey's are for my dad.
JoAnn's:
 I keep hoping to find cool paper pads, but I don't. I'll probably use most of this for happy mail. I couldn't pass up the butterfly and lemon notepads.
Hobby Lobby:
 They have a lot of the home decor for 75% off, so I bought the octopus for $4.50. I'm surprised the unicorn tags were still in clearance, they're missing the stamps, but we all know we only want the tags. I was surprised to find the blades I need for my paper cutter, guess I won't need a new one after all. And I really liked the flowers, they were 50% off.
When I got home I found some happy mail.
Anything unicorn:
 Something sparkly:
I kinda set myself up for the fallout. I really wanted to see what someone would send.

No comments: