Saturday, July 14, 2018

It's the end of the week

So, it's the end of the week and I'm still suffering from not enough spending in St. Louis, so I went shopping today. My original plan was to walk up to the mall, hitting a few garage sales on the way there and Walmart and TJ Maxx when I got there, but then I realized I'd have to wait until 9:30ish to start out cause things don't open until 10, and I got lazy. When I finally went out the door at 10, to go to Hobby Lobby and the Salvation Army instead (cause I got lazy, it's like a 4 mile hike to the mall, plus it's the weekend and there's more people on the weekend), it was raining. 
I basically went to Hobby Lobby for a snail because the Spring shop was marked down to 66% off. I also wanted a frog in rain gear that I saw last week, but he was gone this week. Here's what I picked up:
gems, caterpillar, cross stitch, pin, boots, flip flops, snail
 Everything I picked up was on sale. There was one item that wasn't and I used a 40% off coupon on it.  I saw the gems last week, so I picked them up today, they were marked down to 66% as well. The caterpillar, boots, flipflops and snail were all in the spring shop. I admit, I just wanted to buy something good which is why I picked up the caterpillar, bug pin, boots and snail. Plus, I keep wanting to buy snails now that I'm in this group on facebook that has to do with snails. The flamingo cross stitch is for an upcoming tag in that group. I picked up the flip flops because I have a flip flop wall hanging and was hoping to send them to someone, someday.
I was not pleased to see Christmas taking over the clearance section:
 I'm used to Christmas out at the this time of year (at least for Hobby Lobby), but it's normally out at the front of the store, not the back.
Next door was Salvation Army and I thought I'd see if they had any great deals. I found this snail candle:
 But, I don't do candles and it was $2.99
Here's what I did pick up:
 owl, hedgehog, bird and notebook. The owl, hedgehog and bird were all $0.99, and the notebook was $0.49. I have no reasons as to why I picked them up.
I'm not sure I can call this a shopping haul because I didn't even spend $20.
Anywho, some happy mail I received this week.
This one is for a Happy Mail tag:
 There was no note, which is annoying. She did write on the envelope, but you're supposed to include a note. I want to try the tea this weekend.
ATC:
 love the mixed media look
Summe pocket letter:
 very cute, but very simple.
Dollar Store tag:
I should stop doing these, I'm not sure I've really gotten anything I'll like so far.

No comments: