Monday, July 09, 2018

Next few days

July 1st, Got up at 6:30 (my dad had conference stuff at 7 every day, so that was the time we all woke up). I had breakfast of some granola bars, we wandered around the hotel a bit. I was very disappointed in the hotel, they were supposed to have shopping but didn't. Everything was very spread out and all their food was kind of expensive. We went down to meet my dad about 11:30 for lunch as a cafe the conference had set up with sandwiches, salads and some hot food items. I got a veggie wrap ($5). We headed out to meet a bus to take us to the National Blues Museum for a tour, food and a concert. This tour was mostly for my dad, I'm not really into blues music, though I did learn that all music comes from the blues, and it was interesting, but not really my thing. We had an afternoon snack/dinner of barbeque ribs, pork and brisket plus potato salad and some ooey gooey butter cake pie at about 3:30, afterwards we had a blues concert by Chaz'men Williams and the Shattered Glass Experience. It was ok, like I said, not a big fan of blues and I didn't know a lot of the songs, plus it was really loud. Headed back to the hotel about a quarter to eight and settled in for the night.
July 2nd, (my birthday), we headed out to the Missouri Botanical Gardens, this was more for my mother. I'm not a huge flower person.
I found some colored lily pad blooms:
 I really love this purple one:
 Also, found a bunch of strange plants in their dome, called a climitron.
 
 Interesting leaf

 How neat looking are these leaves?
 And this leaf?




 These looked like tiny corn cobs to me.

 More cool leaves
 This was called water lettuce, it looked like cabbage to me.


 Some more interesting leaves

And a bumpy tree.
 A giant flower.
Another one in a different color, this is my favorite picture from the day.
 Purple flowers are my favorite.
 Had to take a picture of this cute fox mug for a friend.
 How about a stuffed fortune cookie?
 Thought this was a neat sounding book.
 I bought a few postcards ($2):
We had our transportation drop us off at the Old Courthouse where the Dred Scott case happened. We wandered through the courthouse and some of City Garden where there's sculpture. I liked this pink suit guy:
 We stopped at a grocery store for more food, I bought some pastries ($6) for my breakfast for the rest of the week.
We went to the hotel restaurant for birthday dessert.
I got the matcha bomb:
 This is what it looked like when I got into it:
 It was not as good as I wanted it to be, it was pretty tasteless.
My dad got the baked St Louis, though the lady called it the baked Alaska when she brought it out.
 My mother got this lemon raspberry thing:
 We met up with my cousin and his wife for supper at a nearby Irish pub (Maggie O'Briens), I ordered a mudslide:
 But they didn't have ice cream or a blender, so it was basically alcohol on ice, very strong.
I had potato skins for my entree.
They were ok. We headed back to the hotel and retired for the evening.

No comments: