Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hodgepodge time

Apparently it's Wednesday, it doesn't feel like Wednesday. But, since it is, it's time for Hodgepodge. Head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people have said.

1. What news story are you following right now? I don't follow the news, it's always depressing. I am following the progress on the new library. We have paint, last week we got a tour, and it's so neat to be able to see everything instead of just trying to visualize.

2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get? That would be the salaried job I applied for at the library. I thought I was going to get it, when they told me I didn't, it floored me. Then my job changed, so even though I'm hoping to stay at the library, I'm looking for another job.

3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu? I had a frozen one the other day, but I microwaved it too long and melted the cheese right off of it, it wasn't very good without cheese. Before that, it was at Dairy Queen, and while I liked it at the time, it didn't sit very well in my stomach. The last time I was craving a hamburger, I had a home cooked one, one from Hickory Park (a local place), and one from Burger King (this one was actually reheated the day after purchase), and I found the Burger King one to be the most satisfying, I'm not sure why.

 4. How have your priorities changed over time? With having to move after being in my current living space for a long time, I've decided I don't need so much stuff. I'm trying to cut down on what I buy. I feel with my job situation and my living situation, I've needed to figure a lot out lately, and I'm not entirely sure where I'm going.

5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents? Okoboji. The timeshare we have up there is actually my dad's parents, we were always the ones that used it, so we got it when they passed away. We all went up there when I was very small, and not that I remember a lot because I was 3 or 4, but I have pictures.

6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example. I'm pretty good, it's something I use a lot in my life and job, so I have to be good at it.

7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May? This year, I have a lot more lows than highs. The job thing mentioned above. The fact that I've had the living situation shoved in my face. I've known since last September, but it became really real this month, last Friday, they put the sign in the front yard, and the next day we had a showing. But, I also found someone that wants to be my roommate, and though we haven't found an apartment yet (we are looking at 3 this morning), we've given each other a verbal agreement to do it, to help with our own finances. I'm going to something fun on Saturday with this person. Personally, I'm ready for the whole summer to be over and to be settled in a new/additional job and new place. I would love to just skip the unsure and looking part.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. There is so much on my mind right now. Normally, I'm a pretty messy person, but we had to deep clean the apartment to get it nice for showing, and I have to say, I like it clean. I never really cared how things looked because I was the only one living here. But, I like being able to walk through my apartment in the dark and not have to worry about tripping over things. I love that I have so much more space in my craft closet. I like the extra space in the living room. Just don't tell my mom, I'm liking the cleanliness. 

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

#3....more fat content to satisfy your needs perhaps? Who knows.

Cranberry Morning said...

I think Hootin' Anni is right on. Fat is satisfying. And we need it on our diet. Anyway I laughed at your random and tripping over things. That's certainly happened to me. :-). So sorry about the salaried position at the library. What a disappointment.