Monday, November 27, 2006

Put your head on my shoulder

Sorry, more stuff for you all. But fun at the end.

Found this in my email group. Apparently thieves are recording numbers of gift cards, the ones that are just sitting in displays in stores, waiting a few days and then calling to see what THEY have for a balance. Then if you have activated it, they go online and use up the balance.
Here's the snopes address, if you wanna read more detail.

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, I'm a very big fan of the French Vanilla
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It generally depends on how big they are. The big ones usually don't get wrapped, but smaller ones have shown up with gift tags from Santa.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I'd have to say multicolored, but I do love those icicle ones in white. And we've come to decorating our house with white ones in garland, our tree has switched to white as well, but I still love the multi.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, no one here is gonna kiss me anyway
5. When do you put your decorations up? Lately, it's been the Fri after Thanksgiving, because that's when my brother is in town, and we still have the tradition of decorating the tree, and putting out mother's Santa collection together. But aside from those, it just depends on when we get to it, outside lights are hung when it's still semi warm out. My decorations are already up, but that's just cause they're all snowmen, being as that's what I collect.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oh, sure take out the best one LOL. I'd have to say the cheesy potatoes my cousin makes, I love those. I could fill up a plate with equal portions of those, green bean casserole, and creamed corn. But, the potatoes, I really love.
7.Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea. I'd say sometime before the end of elementary school, but I really don't know
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to. When my dad's parents were still alive, his whole family used to go over there on Christmas eve, have a nice supper, and then Grandpa and Grandma would open presents, and hand out envelopes with money in them to the kids and grandkids.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Our tree has white lights in it, then we hang mostly Santas on it, we still have a few other ornaments that always get put on it, like the red construction paper bell picture frames of me and my brother when we were little.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow. As I've gotten older, I've noticed I wanna play in it more often. And then how it looks in the mornings right after it snows, before the sun is warm enough to melt it and people have walked in it. The only thing I hate is I have to shovel.
12. Can you ice skate? I haven't in a long while, but I probably could if I tried, I had rollerblades, and when the Univ opened their new ice rink a few years (wow, actually it's been about 7 or so, cause it was when I was still in HS) ago, my friends and I all went and skated, but it's been awhile.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family. It's usually the only time the whole family gets together and gets to see each other
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My uncle's cheesecake, of course that's not only for the holidays, but it's so rich, it's very hard to eat a lot of it.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Between visiting the Santa House down the road (with over a thousand Santas), going on the annual holiday home tour, and going to see the Christmas light displays in the neighborhood, I couldn't pick
17. What tops your tree? A Santa. Can you see a theme here? It's actually an ornament that looks like the old blown glass ones, but it's plastic and we basically tie it right on the tree.
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving, always. Esp since I usually make my gifts. I remember the altered book I made my friend Karli last year, I loved making that, it took lots of hours, but when it was done...
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, and on a more serious note, O Holy Night
20. Candy Canes...Yuck or Yum? Yuck. I don't like the original peppermint ones, and I'm sick of the different flavors they've comeup with.

Yes I celebrate Christmas, and I will be using Merry Christmas, if you don't like it, tough shit

No comments: