Tuesday, September 04, 2018

The last Hodgepodge?

Joyce says it's the last one, she also says she'll elaborate tomorrow. I have to participate if it's the last one. Head on over to her blog and see what other's are answering.

1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)
Nothing. My mom asked me that the other day, and I didn't have an answer then either. Not even my trip to St. Louis, though the zoo and the botanical gardens were rather fun.
2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?
Garage saleing. I had quite a few days where I couldn't convince myself to get out. 
I wish I didn't have to work so much. But, we were short, so that's just life.3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?
Again, nothing, really. I do have a day out with a friend on Friday, so I guess I'm looking forward to that. Oh! I almost forgot, our local art festival is in September. I love going to that.
4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?
How about Radium Girls by Kate Moore. Interesting and very sad read.
5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.

6. Insert your own random thought here
i've been so grumpy lately. I thought it was because I was working so much, but I had Labor Day off and most of today, and I was/am still grumpy. I have a 4 day weekend coming up after tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that. But, if it doesn't recharge me, I don't know what will.

4 comments:

Red said...

Sometimes, if a period of time is particularly busy or particularly not, it's hard to choose things that stand out. I get it.
I hope your schedule lightens up a bit and you can take some time to chill and rejuvenate!

Suzanne McClendon said...

I hope that you have a great time at the arts festival. It sounds like a fun adventure to me. :)

I think that sometimes we get grumpy because there is just too much on us for that given moment in our lives. We have to try to find a spot of comfort, of peace, in the midst of all the "do this for me and me and me" that we have to deal with as women. I pray that you will find the root of your grumpy and be able to find peace. I'm on that journey, too. Our little kitties have been my spot of comfort lately. Petting them, feeling/hearing their purrs, calms me down, at least for the moment.

Have a blessed day.

ellen b. said...

I hope something helps you get out of the grumps soon. It's hard being in that space. Glad you are looking forward to the Art Festival.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry you are feeling grumpy. Sending prayers your way to life your spirit!!