Wednesday, September 19, 2018

supper

Tonight was supposed to be a good night.
My brother was in town, so we were going out to supper. I went over to my parents beforehand and delivered his birthday present, his birthday is at the end of September and I didn't want to mail it.
Here's what I got him:
A Bob Ross bobble head and a pop up book about computers from the 80's.
We grew up on Bob Ross, he gave me Bob Ross socks one year for my birthday, so when I saw this bobblehead at Target a few months ago, I knew I had to get it for him. He works in computers for his job, so when I saw this pop up book about computers from the 80's in the library's used bookstore one day, I snatched it up. He was very tickled to receive both. He turned into a little kid playing with the pull tabs and checking out the pop ups. That's the first time I've got a reaction like that from him for anything I've gotten him.
I went out to supper with my mother, brother and cousin. We went to a local place, we had a good time at supper and then my brother asked my cousin if he was still up for going out to the bars and asked my mother if she wanted to go, I wasn't asked.
I also might have been a little rude at the end when he made a joke about me paying for supper and I said he still owed me a birthday present. I'm still annoyed at the world for not acknowledging my birthday. My parents got me the trip to St Louis, which wasn't that great (that's the reason I didn't blog about the whole thing, I don't want to remember it), my mother did give me a pair of socks on the trip that I told her I didn't want (because that's how she is). I didn't get a card from either of them. My brother did wish me a happy birthday with a text. I only received one card from someone I know in real life. My best friend gave me a bag of fun gifts. I had asked on one of my groups for people to send me cards and if they hadn't I would have gotten that one card. I wasn't in town or at work for my birthday, so I guess no one had to remember. I was hoping I'd come back to some in my mailbox or at my desk. Nothing. I'm sorry I'm a little bitter about it.
I give so much of myself to everyone else, is it so hard to buy a cheap card?
Anyways, I kinda wanted to go out and do something fun, but bars are not my thing, I doubt I would have enjoyed it. This cousin was always my favorite growing up to me, he's about 3 years older than me, fit in with my brother and another older male cousin we had. He was always nice to me growing up.
I really wanted to relax with a nice violent movie, because they always make me feel better. But, I should be reading my books and getting through those.
I'm listening to the Rock of Ages soundtrack, because music helps with everything. I might have to go on a long walk tomorrow

No comments: