Saturday, September 22, 2018

lots of mail

I don't know how to make myself happy anymore. I thought I was tired because I was working too much and then I stopped working so much. Then I thought I needed a day with friends, and then I went and spent a day with a friend shopping. So, then I thought it was because I needed time off work, I'm back to my regular schedule now that it's September, so I had the 6-9 off and then the 13th, the 15th and 16th, the 20the and 21st. But I'm still grumpy. I wonder if it's because I need to go out walking, but I don't really walk a ton unless I'm garage saleing and nothing is either in my area or sounds worth it to talk me into going out. It could be the pop thing, when I was working a ton, I had pop to look forward to, because I needed something to get me through the day. I did have a Mountain Dew on the 11th because of a stressful day at work. I'm *trying* to drink more water, but we're back to not liking the taste. I don't drink that much during the day. At least when I was drinking pop I was drinking liquids, when I just have the water and milk, I don't drink near as much.
I do enjoy getting mail, but the other day (further down in this post) I got 5 packages in the mail, but then I opened them and I wasn't as excited. I've cut back on what I send in my mail group because other people are so behind on sending me stuff. I don't see the point of spending so much money getting things out if I'm not getting things back.
Anywho, found this package on my steps as I wandered off to supper on Wednesday night.
 It's a dollar store tag. I like it, because I've already bought these, but then I'm also bummed because I already have these. Now that my Dollar Tree is getting better stuff in, I don't get much interesting/different stuff on these tags/swaps.
Thursday, I had my 5 package day, but like I said once I opened them, not so exciting.
 This one is for a Favorites tag. I like them, but that flower one at the top is obviously used because there's barely anything on the roll. I shop my own stash, too, but I have a ton of stuff that's brand new that I send people, especially when you're supposed to for a tag.
 This one is for a Dollar store $5 swap. We were supposed to pick at least $5 of items for this swap. I'm not very happy about most of it being fall/Halloween. I'm not a fan of Halloween, and even less a fan of crafting for Halloween. I'll never use the stencil, the napkins will be going to the library, I'm planning on mailing the leaves out for a fall tag. But, maybe this person read what was posted on my mail group: swapping isn't about sending what other people want.
 This one was a fall decorated washi tube. If it was a Halloween decorated washi tube I wouldn't have signed up, so I was a bit annoyed that it was mostly Halloween themed. She did include a bunch of nice crafting stuff in the tube, but I think I'll be filling the tube with Halloween stuff and sending it off in another swap.
 This is for the letter U tag. I had a hard time with this tag, so I like the creativity of using  University of Kentucky, but did the whole package have to be themed around it? I almost joined the magnet tag to send the magnet to someone else.
This one was for a this or that tag. Basically the other person lists two things they're willing to send and you pick one. I picked 50 loose stickers. I'm annoyed that most of them are kiddie stickers. That's the reason I stopped participating in other sticker tags, people just seem to send kid's stuff.
I know I should be happy that people are sending me stuff. But, when it's stuff I'm not gonna use for anything I'm just collecting more stuff, I don't need more stuff.
I didn't do much of anything productive on Thursday, mostly just sat in front of the computer and watched a bunch of movies. 
Friday, I finished a book, that felt really long but was only 318 pages. It was so nice to ignore the world and get lost in a book. I forget how much things give me pleasure when I don't do them very often. Maybe I need to get back to doing the things that give me pleasure and not spend so much time in front of the computer. Hah! Good luck with that.
This is another this or that tag. I chose Gorjuss girl stamped images. I just wanted to know what was so cool about them. I'm not impressed, I'll probably pass them off to someone else, but that's fine.
My parents are going on a cruise for a few weeks and my mom asked if I would water the plants for them, I'm not sure why. She normally asks someone in their building to do it, which I believe is more convenient for everyone. She said she had asked so and so twice already, I could have said maybe you shouldn't go on vacation so much, this is their 3rd one since the start of July. Anywho, she texted me last night asking when she could drop off a key. She could have just left it in my mailbox, which would have been easier for everyone. But, she texted me when I was reading my book, so I wasn't paying attention to anything else. I texted back that I'd come by this morning about 10. So, I wonder over there and knock on their door, which I know they're home cause I can hear a tv or something going on. No one answers, so I text that I'm there. She comes out, gives me the key and I see my dad's in the kitchen watching/listening to his Ipad, so loud he couldn't hear the door, plus he's got hearing issues. After giving me the key, she says I was trying to connect with the airline company, I hope I still have a connection. As if I'm wasting her time, I told her I'd be there at 10, it was 9:57 when I knocked, maybe you shouldn't start something three minutes before someone's coming over. She's also supposed to be writing instructions up, I'm watering plants, how hard can it be? She hadn't done that yet, but would email me them, they're leaving sometime today. And then she hands me a coupon of Kohl's cash that has to be used next week. She says don't throw away this money. I probably spent all of 10 minutes tops with her and she annoyed the crap out of me. I know I should do this out of the goodness of my heart because they are my parents, but if you know the history of me and my parents, you'd understand.

No comments: