Thursday, September 27, 2018

People are fun

Sorta, we'll get to that later.
Saturday, I had to work and found 
Happy mail in my mailbox when I got home:
 I don't really consider it happy mail. I see it as paper scraps. They took away the favorites file in the group, but I still don't see why scraps of paper are considered happy mail. I can see the stickers and the washi samples and the napkin.
I also put together a few tags.
Disney:
 Autumn:
 SMS Halloween:
 I totally just took all the Halloween stuff I got in other swaps and sent it out for this one.
Sunday, I went to our local art festival with a friend. Saw these cool paintings:
 And this booth:
 Unfortunately, the older I get the less I buy. It seems to be all big pieces, or pottery, or metal pieces, or jewelry. Stuff that I can't afford, won't use or don't have space for. I feel things were more affordable when I was a kid and there was more I wanted to buy.
How cute is this guy?
 It was about 4 feet tall and bouncy, it would have been cool to buy and put in the backyard, but of course not in my price range.
I found a few things:
 some postcards (Ames, is my town), a cute keychain (for a friend)
 and some beautiful notecards
 Monday, I went to work and found 7 packages when I got home.
Shabby chic/vintage pocket letter:
 Love this, it's so cute and the goodies were nice too.
Private pocket letter swap::
 This is not a pocket letter, it's paper cut up to fit in a pocket letter sleeve, the back was the same, just different paper. She apologized that it wasn't better, it couldn't get worse.
Scavenger hunt:
 squishy: lifesavers gummies, Salty: cashews, Useful: marker, Oversized: eraser and Rectangular: sticky notes.
50 Loose stickers:
 I've decided not to participate in this tag anymore, as you can see, they're mostly kid's stuff. I can bet there's one sheet of owl stickers that she just cut up along with the emoji stickers.
ATC:
 I like this one. I love this tag. I always try to make my ATC flat so as to send with one stamp, and I love getting them back.
Orange happy mail:
 I should've guessed that orange would be Halloweeny. Not happy.
Disney:
 Not pleased with this one either.
My mom gave Kohl's cash of $30, and I couldn't find anything to spend it on, except chocolate.
 I still had about $1 leftover. She mentioned that it was a wonderful gift, not when it's to a store you don't shop at. If it was TJ Maxx or Walmart or Target or a number of other stores or even just actual cash it would have been a great gift, but that's my mother. It also had to be used this week, which is probably why she gave it to me in the first place because they're on a trip.
I also put together some packages. One of the owners of one of the groups I'm in mentioned that she didn't have any fall themed paper, so I sent her some:
 Red happy mail:
 Tuesday, I put together more packages.
V
 I had the hardest time with this letter, I wanted something flat, because I'm tired of spending money on postage. I know I can't have it both ways. So, I went with v for vintage and violet.
Surprise.
 I figured cards, and stickers was a good surprise.
I also made a shaker with tulle:
 I think it turned out rather cute.
I received a snail tag:
 It's a grid notebook, pretty sure I won't use it either.
Wednesday, I went to work and of course to the post office afterwards. I was a bit disappointed in the postal person. I tried my hardest to make things flat. I had four envelopes that I tried to send with one stamp:
Anywho, they are flat, the bottom one was a bit heavy, but the postal guy told me he had to put a non machinable stamp on them because of the stickers and washi tape. I've never had that issue before. 
I got happy mail when I got home:
 Today, I went shopping. I needed to get out of the house, cause all I do is go to work and come home. I don't know if it's because I don't really have anything to hang out with anymore or if it's because I'm in the basement and I don't get any natural light, but I feel myself wanting to get out more, but then all I do is go shopping. My plan was to hit Dollar Tree, Walmart, Target and then wander back by Hobby Lobby and the Asian food store.
First stop was Dollar Tree
 gift bags, socks, tulle, magnets.
I went by how items were on my receipt for pictures this time. I saw these gift bags last time, love them. Totally bought them even if I'm only going to cut them apart to make something with. I need fuzzy socks for the winter, the tulle to make more shakers, the magnets for my swaps, plus they were wicked cute.
 toys, squishies, gnocchi, hair elastics, duct tape, washi, lip gloss.
Cause I apparently can't not buy kids toys, figured I'd use the toys and squishies for swaps. I was surprised to find the gnocchi, I love this stuff and it seems to be served at only upper scale restaurants, I'll have to look into sauces for it. The last hair ties I bought seem to break really easily (of course if my hair was longer, I could use them). Duct tape was one of the reasons I had to go shopping, I picked up a roll here in case I couldn't find it anywhere else. I'm not a big fan of Dollar Tree washi, but this one had bees, unicorns and pineapples. There were two other packages, but they only had one roll each in them that I wanted. I thought I'd use this lip gloss in a swap as well.
Next up was Walmart,
They are upping their game in the 'planner' aisle:
 I didn't like any of the patterns and I have tons of washi.
Also saw that Tamagotchis are kinda coming back, there was a bunch in the clearance aisle.
 Found some strawberry ramune:
And this wicked cute storage box:
What I bought:
 leggings (3.88), Twix (1.34) , marshmallows (0.75), Reese's (4.88), magnets (1.50), everyburger (1.98)
I need more leggings, but I think these would be wicked cute with a black dress. It was lunch time, I was hungry. Also, the Reese's have three different kinds: regular, white chocolate, and the one with the pieces in them. Thought I'd use the magnets in a swap and the everyburger were just cute.
 pencil pouch (1.50), oreos (1.88), stickers (1.94), flipz (2.68), duct tape (1.50 each), hershey's (1.00), notebooks (0.97), tape (5.84), glue dots (2.00) and Olaf buttons (0.75).
Thought I'd use the pencil pouch, notebooks, Olaf buttons and stickers in swaps. Also, why is it, that the stickers were more expensive than the three pack of notebooks? I couldn't believe they had these oreo bars in minis and a multipack and the best thing was they rang up for cheaper than I thought they'd be. I couldn't pass up glue dots for $2, and I always pick up the tape when I come in here. I almost ran out one time, so every time I go to Walmart I always pick up some.
I was wicked tired by the time I got done at Walmart, but since I had to walk by Target on my way home, I still went in.
Found some interesting fall flavored food
 Not sure how I feel about pumpkin spice twinkies, the cupcakes sounded better.
I really wanted this:
 what I bought:
 chocolate (3.50, 2.99, 3.50 respectively), gummies (1.89), oreos (2.99), tea (2.33) and a worm (1.98)
It was not my intention to get all food, but that happens sometimes. I picked up the worm cause I wanted a blind bag something, I'll probably use it in a swap. The Brookside was 2 for $7, but it was also lunchtime and I was hungry. I was annoyed that this bag of Flipz which is bigger was only 30 cents more than the smaller bag I got at Walmart, I guess it's only 2.5 oz larger, but still. I picked up the gummies for a friend. I love these oreos, they are pistachio flavored. And I found out the other day I like Earl Grey tea, and apparently it has caffeine and chamomile doesn't.
I found mail when I got home.
Letter M
 They are mailing bags, interesting take on the letter. I like them.
RANT NEXT:
And then there was this:
That company has not been at this address for at least 3 or 4 years, yet we keep getting mail for them because they're address online is still this address. Normally, I just throw things away, but when it's a check, I take it to the post office. So, I took this to the post office yesterday, wrote the not at this address return to sender in front of the person at the desk and today I get it back like this. Normally I also cross out the address, but since it's a window envelope I couldn't. So, I go in and ask to talk to a supervisor, turns out she crossed out my note and said to deliver it back. Said she didn't know if it got delivered to the wrong address in the first place. People don't write that on it if it's delivered to the wrong address, they put it in a mailbox to be delivered correctly. I guess they left it on my carrier's desk (I don't know why they couldn't just throw it back in whatever bin gets it back to the sender), the person doing my route this week is apparently a sub and didn't know what to do when they found this on their desk, maybe return it to the sender like it says? So, the supervisor googled the address and it says online our address (because for some dumb reason they won't change it online and we can't figure out a way to change it without giving them a new address, maybe I should type in some random address), so she said send it back out. Still pissed about it, and thank you so much for opening your mouth and telling me how inept you are.
So, I'm spending the rest of the day watching Angel and doing whatever I want and avoiding the stupid people of the world.

No comments: