Friday, September 07, 2018

A moose

Sorry all, I didn't realize it had been last month since I posted. Let's see, the 31st I was at the bookstore from 12-6. I had a fairies tag in my mailbox when I got home:
 It's a tiny charm.
Saturday, I worked 1-6 at the library, thought this was the weirdest looking fox I've seen:
 Sunday, I was at the library 12-5, when I came in, our AMHS (AutoMated Handler System) was down. We got it up barely before we opened. Apparently there was a power outtage that knocked it out and a couple other things throughout the library. Otherwise it was a busy Sunday. Sundays are always busy cause we're only open 4 hours, and it seemed a little more busy than usual because of Labor Day.
Monday, I stayed home and basically did nothing all day. I needed that. I didn't leave the house and spent time doing what I wanted.
Tuesday, I got a few swaps ready to send out.
50 Loose stickers:
 It's a lot more than 50, these are affixed to some other stickers on the other side of that paper.
A bird pocket letter:
 Love how this turned out, they are from a calendar.
A private swap for a pocket letter:
 Used another calendar, these are the preview pieces on the back.
I also did a private destash swap. I'm not a big fan of Halloween crafting, but I seem to have acquired a lot of Halloween crafting supplies, so I did a private swap with someone in a group of a priority mail bubble envelope. I filled mine up with my Halloween stuff and she is to send me one filled with crafting stuff that is not religious, holiday or planner supply related.
I had 7 packages come in the mail.
two teas:
These sound interesting, I'm excited to try the butterscotch blondie.
Butterfly:
I don't like that there was no note in here. I do have a list of who is to send me what, but is it that hard to add a note.
Halloween tag:
I realize I said I don't do Halloween, but I totally signed up for a tag swap before deciding I didn't really need more Halloween stuff.
Destash:
Love the polka dot bag, the unicorn sticker things, the school stickers, the bird coasters and the worm die cuts. Destash is my favorite kind of swap, because One man's junk...
Tag inserts:
These are what we're supposed to add in our envelopes, basically all you do is fill in your name, the person you're sending to, what it is you're sending and the group it's for. I don't have a lot of these, so I use journaling cards a lot. Really not that hard.
3 cute cards:
These are papers. Not cards, not at all what I was expecting.
Wednesday, apparently was the day the mail people changed because I didn't have mail until about 5pm.
I got a junk journal tag, but took a video for my group instead of a picture. I totally chipped a tooth chewing on candy, what's up with that?
Thursday, was the start of my 4 day weekend. I didn't do much. It was kinda like Monday, I was very lazy. I did get up and go to the dentist to check out my tooth, I knew it wasn't bad, I just didn't like the poky edge on my tooth.
4 teas:
I tried the relax one, it was good. I'm excited to try the others.
I had ordered a peachy cheap grab bag in August.
I love grab bags, I can't walk away from them. I think this one was really good. there's a few things I don't really like: the pens, the brads, the Halloween journaling cards, the stamps and the geo tags. I love that I'm happy with all the washi, there's usually one roll I don't like, they are flowers banners and tea related stuff.
Friday, my friend and I went shopping. I was actively trying to avoid the DVD sale the library was putting on, because I have over 150 movies, I don't need more, but I found this set:
It was only $3, so I couldn't pass it by.
We had some portabella fries and ricotta gnocchi for lunch. Our first stop was Salvation Army:
I'm not entirely sure how much these were individually, but I spent under 50 cents on both of them. I don't know if you can tell but the vase looks like it's covered in doilies.
Next up was a Thrift store that supported animal rescue.
Also not sure how much everything was, I ended up spending $11 total, I can't figure out how they got to that total, I've added everything up and can't get to that number. I was hoping to find some fall crafting stuff as I signed up for a fall swap and then realized I have basically nothing fall craft related. I was excited to find the leaves and the resin pieces. I also picked up a few magnets of a British soldier and and a watering can. I like collecting cute magnets. I picked up the tin to hold my tea bags I keep getting in swaps. The figurine at the top is a mouse next to a beer keg, I thought it was cute. I picked up the stamp for my fall swap, the Iowa ornament for my mother and I'm not sure why I picked up the jack o lantern stickers and the pumpkin pieces.
Still the same store. I love the coaster with the mason jar on it, I'm having trouble passing up mason jar themed things. I'm not exactly sure why I picked up the tags. I picked up the leaves for the fall swap. Loved the mulberry flowers and the two bags of ephemera. Also couldn't pass up the mini Candyland game.
I convinced my friend to go to Tuesday Morning and this was the first time I spent more money on crafting stuff instead of food.
I'm really excited I found the 12x12 of the Pebbles Tealightful paper pad, last time I was there I found the 6x6 pad. I also picked up some puffy stickers that matched and another tea themed paper pad. I found some cute holiday cards and some chipboard stickers. I liked the butterflies and the bird stickers and giant heart sticker.
I needed a bath mat for inside my tub and these two chocolate things were on sale. Total spent $40
Next up was another Salvation Army:
I seem to have a collection of these cupcake boxes, so I bought another one. The Santa is from my mom. Loved that I found a Candyland tin and these stickers were just cute. Total spent $3.
Last stop was Goodwill:
a set of cute journals (cause I need more of those), a cute card, a leaf dish, and a decoration.
I just loved the journals and the card. I'm thinking of giving the leaf dish to my mother, my grandma liked pansies. Hope has been the word that keeps me going since my ex broke up with me. Total spent $5
So, I spent way too much money today, but I needed a day out, somewhere exciting. Ames is so boring and I'm really disappointed in choices lately. I probably won't go garage saleing tomorrow after spending so much money today. I feel I will be crafting or reading. I'm excited to make an explosion box with those tea themed things, plus I need to do that fall craft

No comments: