Friday, September 14, 2018

A sticker fox

Having a four-day weekend was very productive. Saturday, I should have gone garage saleing if just to go out and get some exercise, but I didn't feel like it after spending so much on Friday. I did get some stuff done, though.
I created a fall washi tube:
 put together a tropical tag:
 I decided to not include the stationary after taking the picture. I put in some leaf and bird die cuts along with some flamingo and leaf washi and some plumeria flower beads.
I received a surprise tag:
 I really like the puffy owl stickers.
An S tag:
 stationery. I've decided not to do the letters next time around, while I like stretching my mind, I've received more items I'm not so excited about and I feel I'm spending more money sending my stuff out than people are sending back to me. I'll finish this set, but I won't be doing more.
bird pocket letter:
 and an October calendar tag:
 I went to supper with my parents and was reminded why I'm trying to avoid them. They always ask if I'm working more hours at the library (I'm set at 20, can't work more, unless it's special circumstances, and they know this), bother me about money (stuff I don't feel like sharing on here) and my mother keeps telling me I need more steps (apparently her new way of telling me I need to exercise), I feel some day I'm going to blow up at her, I feel it every time we get together. We were going to go to a quilt show on Sunday, but I decided sleeping in would be much more enjoyable.
And it was.
Sunday, I slept in, it was nice. Also, productive. I put together
something Kawaii:
 I hope it's kawaii, I'm not entirely sure, but due to unforeseen circumstances, that's what I had to do.
a wish for clear stamps:
 a wish for stationery:
 a wish for ink pads:
 Letter T:
 thin tape, tags, tea and tacos.
I also got my laundry done and made another explosion box, but you'll see that once it's received.
Monday, I returned a bunch of things to the library, and put together a few more things.
Dollar Store:
 I was going to sit this one out, but I couldn't help it.
I received a private swap:
  I sent all my Halloween crafting stuff to someone and they sent me an envelope of crafting destash in return. I'm a little annoyed that they didn't follow directions though. The deal was to swap priority mail bubble envelopes which cost $7.25 to mail, so we could stuff a lot into them. She sent me an envelope in a priority mail cardboard envelope which costs $6.20 to mail and she had it in a bubble mailer in the envelope, so she sent me less. It's annoying when people can't follow simple directions.
I also received some handmade embellishments from a swap:
 I love getting handmade embellishments, I'm not good at making them (or I need more practice), so I love getting them.
I put together some yellow happy mail:
 a card, some stickers, washi, punch outs and some ribbon. I was aiming to have it more flat and then ended up sending to the same person as my dollar tree tag.
I may stop doing this tag, too. My definition of happy mail and other's are somewhat different, though it's fun to see what they will send.
And here's the explosion box:
 Or a tiny bit of it.
I also created a sewing tag:
After getting everything packaged up I realized this week is not going to be a cheap mailing week either, so I have to sit out any tags on Wednesday. Oh well.
Here's what I mailed out on Wednesday:
 that was my highest amount I've spent on postage, almost $50. I need to cut back on things.
After spending so much money at the post office I saw this site on my way home:
 Nothing to be worried about. The Fareway store behind them bought an apartment house on the corner and the fire department is using if for training before they burn it down to make way for the new Fareway store. I thought it was a cool sight.
I received a pocket letter in the mail:
 very simple.
Thursday, I had a dentist's appointment and my dentist told me I had beautiful teeth. The dental hygienist told me I really needed to work on flossing and cleaning along the gum line.
I went up to the mall looking for something to treat myself.
I walked out of Walmart and Kohl's without buying anything, though I found the cutest things at TJ Maxx:
A sloth mug
 an eyelash mug:
 Unicorn salt and pepper shakers:
 Unicorn spoon rest:
 I did pick up a unicorn mug and birthday card:
 The mug is sitting where I can see it and it makes me smile every time.
I found some happy mail when I got home
some animal die cuts:
 Used postage:
 This cool color by sticker book:
It's totally addicting, I spent all of last night working on three of the projects. I'm not a fan of the fact I've had to cut out some of the stickers and that there's only 5 projects in it. Also, you have to make sure you're right on the lines otherwise you get white spaces. That's mostly the reason i don't like coloring books, because you have to stay within the lines.

No comments: