Friday, October 05, 2018

lots of twine

Friday: I had to work that afternoon. It was ok, I was really grumpy (I've noticed that a lot lately and I don't know how to make myself not grumpy at work, and sometimes just in life.), so I bought a pop and it didn't put me in much of a better mood, so I'm going back to not drinking pop. I went out to supper with a friend afterwards.
I had some mail when I got home.
Tea:
 some 3x3 envelopes for a swap:
 SMS cuddly:
 I'm not that impressed with these. I'd like the bear better if it didn't have the pink ribbon on it. I realize the person sending it just shopped at Dollar Tree, but I also know you could have picked up something else. She's already got the keychain with the pink ribbon, why did she have to send a bear with it as well?
Saturday, I totally overextended myself by going garage saleing in the morning. It was also cold, about 50 degrees when I left. I went up to a few sales north of me, and misread where some others were, and didn't realize it until I was halfway there. I stopped by one more on my way home and decided not to go to two more because of a closed street and my foot hurt. I was in my tennis shoes that I bought two years ago that gave me some horrendous blisters when I broke them in. This time I walked further but still got a pretty good blister on one of my feet. I'm very annoyed about that.
I had planned to attend the second Pridefest that afternoon, but I was exhausted after my morning excursion and after taking a shower to cool off/warm up I couldn't warm up for the rest of the day. Our heat finally kicked on later in the afternoon and that helped.
I found some mail at the end of the day.
Yellow happy mail
 It was a cute little folder with stuff in it.
 I'm posting all the pictures here as I don't have another place to put them
 Fruit tag:
 Pretty cute.
I put together some tags.
Something flavored:
 I might have chose these over some other things in my house because they were lighter.
Surprise:
 Destash:
 I chose to stuff a lot in the envelope and send a parcel instead of going flat.
Fall ATC:
 I like how this turned out.
Puzzle book:
Sunday, I did laundry and read books. I had two books coming up due that I couldn't renew.
Monday, I had to work in the morning and tried to read another unrenewable book.
I found a wish of address labels and tea
 Tuesday: I don't recall much other than finally finishing that book I couldn't renew. It was 444 pages long, good, but when it's that long I'm ready for it to end.
I also made a coffee card for a swap:
 Wednesday, went to work, post office, and grocery store. Found mail of
SMS edible
 She sent it as naked mail, meaning you just slap the to, from and stamps onto the item. This is a box of nerds, I was surprised it made it intact. It had popped open a little at the top, but I don't think it spilled out at all. I'm not a fan of Nerds, so I gave them to a friend.
Letter V:
 she went with a violet theme too, ribbon, sticky notes, colored pencils and markers.
3 notecards and envelopes:
 These are pretty cute, plus she didn't write in the thank you card, so I can reuse it.
Surprise:
 This one is a little weird, the stickers are scented and I'm not sure what to make of the cat tag.
Thursday, I headed to Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's and the Asian food store to pick up some things for a swap.
I can't quite get into the mood of Christmas yet, but I saw these cute angel figurines. I wasn't going to spend whatever 40% off of $17.99 is for them, but I love the look. Maybe I'll see if they're still there after Christmas.
 I also noticed they had quite a few new packs of washi out:
 tubes:
 double packs:
 I always feel like Hobby Lobby is trying to catch up with Micheal's with their washi. The paper studio was not on sale, so i didn't pick any up, but I might go back when they are. I did spend $42, though.
 Christmas stars (1.79), Tim Holtz paper dolls (3.59), stickers (3.59), Halloween monsters (2.39), hamburger patch (.99), puffy stickers (.99), gingerbread silverware holder (1.79), trims (.99), pig ornament (1.79), acrylic trees (1.79), snowman ornament (1.79)
I thought the stars and trees would work great for advent calendars. Tim Holtz was 40% off, they usually don't price it down more than 30%, so I picked up these paper dolls I've been eyeing. All the stickers were 40% off, this sticker pack was paper studio, but it was so cute and only one there (though I think they do that on purpose, you think it's the last one and you have to grab it). I'm not exactly sure why I picked up the monsters. I liked everything else, I'm sure I'll use them in swaps.
Sticker book (11.99), wood stickers (2.39), narwhals and unicorns (1.79), pandas (1.19)
Apparently I read the sign wrong, I thought all planner stuff was 40% off, so I had two of these sticker books, turns out it was only the kits, so I used a coupon on this one. I did learn, though, that using a coupon at Hobby Lobby makes them cheaper than Target ($15) and Walmart ($13), unless they happen to be on sale. I really thought the suns and llamas were cute, they are wood. I thought it'd be cool to make a unicorn explosion box. How wicked cute are these pandas?
Here's what's in the big sticker book:
 I really wish they showed them all, more close-ups:
 I totally got it for the girls, they had tons of them in all different ethnicities. I don't know why I like planner stickers so much, I don't decorate my planner, it's more for the non functional stickers.
Here's a close-up of the smaller book:
 I think I'll use a lot of these.
I found a few things to pick up at JoAnns, but talked myself out of them because I was going to the Asian foods store. Sadly, they were closed. It was what I was really looking forward to.
Friday: woke up late and realized I can't slack off as much when I work at 1 vs working at 4.
Found a wish granted of tea:
 a destash tag:
 a junk journal tag:
 I don't do junk journals either, but I figure it's like the destash (one man's junk...), funny thing is I think I sent this person some of the stuff she sent back.
Trick or Treat swap:
Basically we filled a priority mail envelope or box with destash and sent it to a partner. I love these swaps. After opening this one, I freaked out a little thinking everything had to be new, I verified, it does not. I'm also not sure why people send embossing folders if you don't know if someone has an embossing machine.

No comments: