Thursday, August 30, 2018

pumpkins

The end is near. Today was rough, I kinda dreaded going in to work at the bookstore. I did get to leave a little early, though. I wanted to check out the paper blowout sale at Hobby Lobby (it seems when I work more, shopping helps to destress me), plus I needed a plastic tube that washi comes in for a swap (sorta). I decided that it would depend on which bus came first, if blue came first, I'd go shopping because it drops me off really close to Hobby Lobby. If red came first, I would just go home. Blue was pulling up as I got to the bus stop.
I stopped at JoAnn's and found this cute couple:
 I don't decorate for fall or Halloween, but I seem to keep getting more decorations for them. I'm trying extra hard this year to get rid of them.
I'm extra interested in Halloween crafting, either, but still have a lot of Halloween crafting stuff, so I'm doing a private swap to send it to someone who wants it.
Here's what I bought.
 wood leaf pieces:
forest animal wood pieces:
 These wood pieces are thinner than I wanted.
fox cards and some fallish tags.
 I had a minor mishap with my water bottle and the packages got wet, so I had to take them out to get pictures.
Next up was Hobby Lobby, everything I got was on sale.
washi tube (9.99), paper pack (4.49), binder rings (1.49), magnetic bookmarks (1.00), planner inserts (1.24) I picked up the tube cause I liked the girls and I've been coveting some of the envelope washi I didn't realize was from Hobby Lobby. I figured I could use the paper pack for a shabby chic pocket letter I have coming up. Picked up the binder rings in case I do more tag flips. I love magnetic bookmarks and these were cheap. I thought the planner inserts were cute patterns and I could use them for a flip book.
 dog keychain (1.25) stuffed lion (1.50), fall stickers (1.24), clear stamps (.74), donut keychain (1.49) fuzzy pumpkins (4.19), Christmas ornament (.14), owl buttons (.74), washi (1.24 each)
Cause I can't go too long without buying stuffed animals, I picked up the dog keychain, the stuffed lion and the stuffed donut keychain. I picked up the fall stickers for my tube. The clear stamps I figure I'll send out in a swap. I know I said I'm trying not to have fall decorations, but I figured I could use them as package filler for swaps. I figured I could use a tree for anything, the funny thing is it was on sale for 24 cents and because it was Christmas, the cashier gave it to me at 40% off. I couldn't pass up the owl buttons or the washi.
I came home to some happy mail.
I think this is a wish granted:
 2 note cards with envelopes:
 bookmark:
 It says coffee & books = happiness. I need to find someone who likes coffee I seem to be getting a lot of that themed things, too.
Letter Q:
 they're supposed to be quartz.
I'll probably pass this on as well, as I don't do coloring things.
I also got a package from Amazon:
I've found I really need over the head headphones. I tried earbuds and the over the ear ear buds, they just fall out of my ears. These I can adjust, but stores don't seem to carry them anymore, they're all the big headphones and I don't want those. And to get free shipping, I added the foam tape, I always need that.

No comments: