Saturday, August 18, 2018

It's the end of the week

And it's been a long one. Every time I go back to the bookstore, I keep thinking I need to cut down on my hours. I tell them I'm free 8-6, so they schedule me 8-6, that's too long of a day for me.
Tuesday: I was at the bookstore from 11-3, and then the library 4-9. I give up on not drinking pop this time of year, I was so tired by the time I got to the library from the bookstore, I gave in and bought a Mountain Dew, my plan was to drink half and leave the other half for Friday, but I gave up and drank the rest of it on my break. I found this bar in the vending machine.
 It reminded me of a scotcheroo but with cornflakes instead of rice krispies.
When I finally made it home I found an ATC in the mail:
 I find him pretty cute.
I got a winner takes all of Happy Mail tag ready to mail on Wednesday:
 Wednesday: I opened at the library. I decided a few RUSH's ago, that I needed a day to do my errands and I don't work the bookstore on Wednesdays.
I found the dollar store tag in my mailbox when I got home:
 I thought I should keep it in case there was a rainbow tag in the future. I've also decided not to participate in this one again, either. I haven't gotten anything I don't have at my dollar store, I feel (and I understand), people are trying to keep things flatter for postage.
Thursday: I was at the bookstore 11-6, still a long day. Since I started so late, I was watching youtube and on one person's haul, they bought this gorgeous sticker book from Hobby Lobby, so I thought I'd check out the clearance. I found out Christmas and fall were at 40% off, planner stuff was 30% off and paper was 50%.
I found this cute ornament, but I couldn't talk myself into buying it, even at 40% off, original price was $5.99.
 Here's what I did buy, full price in ()
 velvet pumpkins on a sticker ($6.99), felt pumpkins ($3.99), orange velvet pumpkins ($3.99), macaroon ornament ($2.99), dinosaur ornament ($3.99), burlap stars ($2.99), stars ornament ($3.99) stickers ($1.99), angel ornament ($4.99)
I figured the pumpkins are for fall stuff. I'm not a fan of the big velvet pumpkins, but these tiny ones are so cute. The macaroon and dinosaur ornaments are for me as are the house stickers. The angel and stars are for swaps.
 round bag ($7.99), iron on patch ($3.99), feather bag ($5.99), washi ($4.99), paper clips ($3.99), dimensional stickers ($3.49), lacy bags ($3.99). I figure the bags, the paper clips and the patch are for swaps. I love this ticket tape.
 Planner stickers ($9.99), journaling cards ($5.99), keychain ($5.99), tags ($3.99 each), jeweled bows ($2.99), flower clips ($4.99)
I've been wanting the planner stickers and journaling cards. The keychain is wicked fuzzy. I can't walk by the shaker tags and the flowers were just too cute.
 beads ($4.99), earrings ($4.99), washi ($4.99), pennants ($2.49), tags ($4.99), stickers ($2.99), bracelet ($6.99)
I just liked the beads. I picked up the earrings and bracelet for me, though I might pass the bracelet on. I love the flowers in the washi, the pennants are for a swap. I thought the tags were cute, as were the stickers.
Everything I bought was on sale, though the checkout girl tried to tell me the planner stickers and journaling cards were not. I spent about $50, I realize it's less than the last time they had a clearance event. I also know I'm just going to stare at them for awhile and then pass them on.
When I got home, I found some happy mail.
Send Me Something Soft:
 definitely soft. I didn't get to sign up for the sloth tag in this group, so this is great. I have a grand total of three sloths now, I kinda wanna keep them all for me.
Wish granted of something snail:
 These are wicked cute.
Thirsty Thursday, 2 teas
I was kinda hoping they'd be more interesting. It's weird when I didn't want tea, I got a lot of them, now that I want to try different kinds, people don't send them.
When I first started standing for my jobs, I used to come home and wait for my feet to stop throbbing before I went to bed, this week I decided I should just go to bed and then I would fall asleep after they stopped throbbing.
Friday: I was at the bookstore 8-12 and then the library 1-6. It was very slow at the bookstore, and apparently a lot of students are buying their books twice, one even blamed it on the computer system. I was so ready to leave by the time 12 rolled around. the library wasn't too bad. I stopped at a garage sale on my way home, the ad said they were open until 7, but they were packing up when I got there (before 6:30), it's so annoying when people do that. No mail on Friday.
I was debating whether to sleep in or get up early and go to garage sales on Saturday, but since my feet were still throbbing when I went to bed, I figured I'd just sleep in.
Saturday:  Got up about 8, and decided to hit the two sales that were on my list. I ended up walking 2.5 miles and spent a whole quarter. I bought a pair of earrings that looked like watering cans. Stopped by the grocery store for milk and sugar on my way home. I splurged and picked up sugar cubes, it's only for my tea anyway, so I didn't see the point of buying a bag of sugar. Wasted a bunch of time on the computer and then got myself in gear to get swaps/tags ready around 3.
Igrab of two teas:
 Another Igrab of a face mask:
 An owl and bookmark tag:
 I checked my mail about 4 and found a swap, stickers:
 It looked like it had been wet, and the envelope said 7th, so I looked up the tracking online. Turned out they thought the address said 9th St instead of 7th St, so I don't know if it got delivered to 9th and then returned to the post office and re delivered today or when it actually arrived in my mailbox. Tracking said it was delivered on Thursday. I can see how they got confused because the y in my name was looped over the 7 in my address.
Got some more swaps/tags together.
Stickers:
 More stickers:
 Scavenger hunt:
 We had to find something funny (magnet), miniature (cruise ship keychain), flavored (gum), hard (sucker) and triangular (pennants). I had a hard time with the triangular, I wanted something different, but I ran out of time.
Flipbook:
 Pocket letter:
I have the whole weekend off and need to finish a few more things tomorrow, as I work until 8 on Monday and 9 on Tuesday and still have two swaps to make and mail. I did find out that my boss at the library gave me Friday off because I'm working extra next weekend, I didn't expect that, but I won't be complaining.

No comments: