Wednesday, August 08, 2018

A blue octopus

Sunday: I made a sweet treats flip book:
 and put together a secret package:
 And of course did laundry. I know I finished a book called Reading with Patrick.
Monday: Work was fine, except I seemed to screw up on a lot of tiny things. I came home to some happy mail.
SMS flowery:
 I was kinda hoping for something more 3D, but these cards are goregeous, especially the orchids, and I know you can't tell in the picture but there is gold foiling on them.
Snack:
 Again, I was hoping for something different, though I'm not sure what, I probably won't do this tag next time. I'm not a fan of plain Oreos and the granola bar was ok.
Magnet:
 Love this one, it cracked me up when I read it. I seem to be collecting a lot of magnets lately.
Unicorn:
 I keep hoping for something different, but people seem to like sending notepads in this group, and I already have a ton of sticky notes and note pads. I'll probably pass it on to someone else.
Candy bag:
 The person sending to me was in Switzerland (or Sweden, I don't really recall) and I was super excited about that, because other countries seem to have more interesting food than US (though I wonder if they feel the same way), I'm not a huge fan of lemon candy, or sour. I ate the gummy pizza, that was good. I decided to save the xylitol gum for the X tag. I haven't tried the thing at the bottom yet. There's a lot of licorice flavored things, not a flavor I'm liking. I love the variety and the funness of coming from a different country. I know it's really hard for people to guess what the other person will like, which I think is part of the fun. I know I don't look at people's favorites for the tags (unless I'm making something), I'll do it for swaps, but I think the tags are just a fun way to send and get mail.
How neat is the back cover of this book:
 I may have checked it out for this picture. It's actually about the women in the animation department at Disney, which sounded great, but it's huge and heavy and it's more words than pictures. Sometimes I just want to look at pictures.
Tuesday: I'm still doing my lazy Tuesday thing. I know I was reading a bunch on wikipedia, but I don't really know what else I did other than go to work that night.
Today: this was my view when I left the house:
 It doesn't come out as well in the picture, but it was pretty foggy and kinda chilly.
I found some happy mail when I got home.
Letter O:
 Okra and old fashioned seeds, which is pretty different as a tag, but not something I'll use.
I love the creativity people use to figure out what to send for these alphabet tags, which is a lot of the reason I do them.
Birthday pocket letter:
 LOVE this. Do you see that card in the second row that has elephants holding button balloons? That's my favorite.
3x3 notecards:
 We only had to make 6, my partner totally went overboard with the 10 she sent me. I think my favorites are the typewriter and the cactus.
Blue swap:
 This came in a package that looked like my partner sells these, which is fine, it was so cutely packaged up.
And a Hollar haul:
Here's what was in it:
 Glitter pens ($2), Peanuts gummies ($1), Care Bear Gummies ($1), toffee peanuts ($1 each), unicorn glitter carabiner keychain ($2), Frozen blind bag ($1), Jasmine rice ($1.25)
I totally opened the Frozen blind bag before I thought about taking the picture, sorry. I love these peanuts, they are soo goods. I also thought it would be fun to try the Peanuts gummies, the care bears gummies and the jasmine rice.
 more glitter pens ($2 each),  fairy hatching egg and mermaid hatching egg ($2 each), colored staples ($1), stuffed octopus ($3), unicorn pom keychain ($3), unicorn sticky notes ($2) and cookie thins ($1)
Here's what that sticky notes pack looks like open:
I also purchased a 4 piece girls' toys mystery bag:
 a pillow, swirl n spin art, lol calculator set and a super hero girls hot wheels car. This was $4. Cause I can't pass up a mystery thing.
I may have gone a little overboard on the glitter pens, I didn't know I had two of the one set in my 'cart' and I certainly don't need more gel pens, I've actually stopped myself from buying them in stores. I also may have gone a little overboard in unicorn items, two keychains and a sticky note set. I know at one point I was thinking about unicorn tags on my group, also mermaid tags. I'm trying to decide if I should hatch the mermaid and fairy, or send them on to someone else. I'm not as disappointed in the girls' mystery bag, I don't know what I'll do with any of it. I kinda wish I knew someone I could just push off my really kiddy purchases on. At Christmas I donated them to Toys for Tots, I wish there was a box somewhere I could just drop things off at all year round.
I'm actually pretty proud of myself. This stuff has been sitting in my Hollar cart since a little after Easter. I have a tendency to visit when they send me an email and I find something interesting in the email, and then sometimes it just sits in my cart until I build up enough to purchase. Sometimes things sell out before I get to them, which is fine (because like at Hobby Lobby, I don't need any of this stuff).

No comments: