Monday, August 13, 2018

happy mail

I feel I'm doing updates everytime I have a big mail day. I got 11 pieces of mail today, have I mentioned how much I love my new group?
Anywho, Thursday: I put together some tags
 Altered note book:
 I also got a library card pocket swap in the mail, we made each other library card pockets:
 Thursday night, I had training for one of my jobs, so I busted open this egg filled with peanut butter m&m's from Easter:
 I was surprised that it was filled to the brim:
 I walked home, which was a nice refreshing 2 mile walk. I almost went to Hobby Lobby on my way home, but I'm trying really hard not to buy things I don't need. I have way too much stuff as it is anyway.
Friday, I put together more swaps/tags.
Beads, buttons and charms:
 Dollar Store, the person I'm sending to likes hand sanitizer:
 Back to school supply tag, I didn't want to send just one thing, so I put a few pens, pencils and erasers into a pencil bag.
 I granted a wish on my group for something different and unique I found at a garage sale, I feel this fits that description:
 Diecut tag, had to send 10 die cuts to someone:
 SMS cuddly:
 Saturday, I chose to go to our farmer's market, I was hoping to find something fun. I found a petting zoo.
 There was a pig, and a bunny:
 And a ton of goats and lambs. How cute is that one looking for food under the gate?
 And then there's this guy, he was so tiny
 And this tiny guy, also do you see the camel?
 And again with them sticking their heads out looking for food
 I did buy a smoothie for $4, four scones for $6, and a couple mini loaves of bread for $5. I've had the smoothies before, but picked up a new flavor, triple berry, it was good, just had a ton of seeds. I know scones are not supposed to be sweet, but sometimes they are, these weren't worth the money to me. I did like the bread (I picked up a strawberry chocolate chip and an Amish bread), I've tried the Amish one, it was pretty good. I've decided the bread was worth the price, it was one for $3, or two for $5. I'm not sure one loaf was worth $3, but the two were definitely worth 5.
I had to work that afternoon and stopped by the grocery store on my way home. Apparently you can now buy Hello Fresh kits there.
 Interesting.
Sunday, my co worker asked if I wanted to hang out with her. We went to a bar that was doing root beer floats for a buck, and then another one that was doing a fundraiser for pride, and a birthday party for a radio station. It was fun to hang out with a friend and see people I knew.
I decided to grow my mermaid, so I stuck it in water like the directions said.
 I also got a few tags together, a teal/aqua swap:
 I granted a wish for something a person could pamper themselves with:
 Q: queen, quarters and a quote. It's not particularly creative, but it was a hard letter:
 Happy mail:
 I went to bed early because I knew I had a long day on Monday and then I woke up at 5 and 6:30AM, my alarm doesn't go off until 7, typical.
I started at the bookstore today. I was worried last week about it, because I am the person to look at how much I work before I get a day off. I really need to focus on one day at a time, it's less overwhelming.
After getting home, I found 11 pieces of mail waiting for me. This is why I love this group.
A secret sister package:
 Basically, we're given a name and we sorta stalk them so we can send them a package they'll love. I was a little disappointed because I have some of the stickers, but then I realized I should be more happy, obviously they did a good job because I already bought the stickers so I must like them. The only thing I don't really understand is that pink unicorn, it's a hat for an American Girl.
50 loose stickers, just like it says, but a lot of them are very childish. I think I won't participate in this tag again.
 P: pen, papaya and pineapple. Love the pen, not so sure about the dried fruit. I've had them before and they're good, but usually very sweet.
 Aqua/teal swap, love that fish bowl and the peacock and the monkey.
 SMS unique, I agree these are very unique, I also noticed they are magnets, makes them even better.
 September calendar tag:
 Altered notebooks, love that one on the right.
 And a sweet treats flip book.
I need more mail days like this.

No comments: