Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring is in the Air Swap

I received my packaged for the Spring is in the Air Swap, hosted by Nicole at Flip Flops and Combat Boots. My swap partner was Whitney at Everything Happens for a Reason. Here's what she got me: A cute butterfly card,
A zinnia growing kit, a 3pack of bubbles (I bought one of these for myself for Easter), A lindt ladybug full of chocolate bugs, a butterfly shaped sprayer, and a cug kit for Easter eggs.
And a picture frame
I am totally loving everything in this box. I put the picture frame up on a shelf and wish I had a great picture to put in it. I've already had one of the chocolate bugs, but am going to put them with the rest of my Easter stuff. Plus, I've made a bug, with a plastic egg, but still. I'm actually going to have to get a little creative with the bug kit, as we all know hard-boiled eggs go bad eventually, and I would like my bugs to last, I'm thinking of using rocks, but I also think it would be great to have a whole variety of bugs made out of things.


I also received the gifts below for my 9 days of Easter swap. 9 people joined and made gifts that we are to open the 9 days up to Easter. Unfortunately #1 dropped out and #7 got sick. Our hostess added something for #1, and if #7 gets better she was going to send along her stuff, I added something I bought at Walmart yesterday as #7.
If you want to come along with me on this journey, you'll have to go over to my art blog, The Frog Palace, as these were all supposed to be handmade. I will be doing a post everyday (at least that's my plan, cross your fingers).


I have 2 more Easter swaps I signed up for, that I will be mailing today. I can't wait until I get those packages. I haven't decided if I should wait until Easter to open them or not.


And remember how I said garage sale season opened last week, well I'm thinking of not worrying about it this week. Since for my schedule, I work 1-6 Friday night, plus there's a pizza party and movie night for library employees afterwards, and I work 10-3 Saturday, I think it's just not worth it. Plus, the local newspaper stopped printing The Advertiser (a weekly free paper to non-subscribers that had classifieds in it) sometime during the winter, I would have to scrounge up the actual newspaper to find the sales. And it is VEISHEA weekend, a student run festival on campus, that is generally pretty big, I'd think it'd be kinda silly to have your sale compete with that.

There is an 'estate sale' at the same place I went to last week, that I may check out in the morning tomorrow, we'll see. The lady I talked to last week, said it would be more Christmas items and furniture. Course, I'll never know if there's not something great there if I don't go.


Get anything exciting in your mail?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

awesome stuff!!! thanks for playing along!!

Sunshineshelle said...

Wow, you have been so busy :) way to pack in lots of activities & I love that box of goodies you received - how awesome!!! I am having a giveaway (actually there will be 3 chances until the end of the month) part of celebrating "Witches in Fiction" If you like drop on by & read the story written by a 'guest' writer & make a comment if you want to go in the draw for one of my pieces of art :) Hope to see you there, thought I'd ask because of the library/literature connection :)