Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Valentine's bug

February 6: The swap:
One person gave me Valentine's cards, the other gemstones. I like the gemstones.
I found a package from Amazon on my porch:
I believe it's another part of a mystery swap, but no name. I decided I have too many groups I'm in to look up things when people can't be bothered to include a note. I realize Amazon (and other online retailers) don't always offer the option of a note, but when people were sending through wish, they just put their name in the same line as mine on the address label, people can do that on Amazon, I believe.
I was all annoyed with the countdown, the Amazon package and the fact that things I had put on the porch to be picked up on the 5th were still there, so I started opening the blind bags I had bought the day before. 
Disney:
These are the ones that came in the purple plastic cups, I'm not sure why I bought two of them, and I really should have put them back, because I try to only buy blind bags where I like all the things that you can get, I believe there were only one or two I really wanted. I think it's kinda ironic that both I got are from Beauty and the Beast.
The Cutetitos Babitos:
This is Lollito a Donkito. I think I liked the packaging better than the toy. It's a plastic candy, I want to wrap it in book paper and use it as packaging for crafting stuff. I also want to buy another one just for the packaging.
Hasbro Trolls blind bags:
I shouldn't have bought these either, I feel I have this regret for a few blind bags on every shopping trip, at least were just from the Dollar Tree. I really wanted the little friends instead of the Trolls. I also opened the I Dig Mini Monsters, they come in a cotton candy looking 'slime', I threw that away. I got two monsters that were basically the same but different colors, and of course the ones I didn't want. 
I got a wish of something vintage ready to mail:
These are from a happy mail I was sent.
A surprise:
Got these awhile back as a quarantine RAK.
A flat tag:
I don't use stamps.
A red tag:
I basically just raided my stuff for red items.
I received a happy mail tag:
A wish for something yellow, kawaii:
I'm very much enjoying the SMS yellow.
And a roll of washi:
The person who was supposed to send to me, flaked, so someone else sent. This is way more than one roll. Interesting selection.
I had also opened the Cutetips Pizzaitos. I really like the wrap they come in:
I got Cheffito, a Tigerito. He's peppermint striped with a chef hat. I like this series, I would totally buy more.
February 7: The countdown:

One person sent the chocolate, ribbon, foam hearts and coin, the other sent the wooden tag. After opening this one, I got frustrated because they weren't homemade, I had only one homemade thing from the other person and none from the one person, all the rest had to be homemade for both of them to follow the rules. Because they weren't well wrapped, I could tell it wasn't true, so I ended up opening all the rest:
Day 8:
One person sent the notepad, foam hearts, earrings, and chocolate, the other the handmade embellishments.
Day 9:
One person sent the Valentine's card, the Project Life card, the sparkly heart and the chocolate, the other sent the clothespins.
Day 10:
One person sent the gift bag, hot chocolate, pop socket, keychain, seeds, foam heart and bookmark, the other the banner. At this point, it felt like the one person was going for more quantity than quality.
Day 11:
One person sent the angel and heart, the other the coffee cup. I at first thought the angel was handmade, but further inspection proved otherwise.
Day 12:
One person sent the bookmark, filler?, chocolate and foam heart, the other the stuffed bug. The stuffed bug is the best thing from the other's stuff.
Day 13:
One person sent the Valentine's coupons and foam hearts, the other the cork.
Day 14:
One person sent the bug kits and sparkly hearts, the other the scarf. I had saved the scarf for last because it came in the cutest packaging, I thought it was some wonderful handmade item.
At this point, I messaged the hostess and said I had opened everything and one person had sent one handmade item and the other two. She said they would make 7 handmade items and send them to me. I'm very tired of following the directions of making half the items and then have the other people not follow the rules. I had the same issue with the Advent Calendar for Christmas.
I put together a wish for Please Deliver To labels:
I keep getting these for like everything, I have tons of these labels and don't need more. I made another box for a swap:
I kinda feel like I should embellish it more, but other people I showed the video to, said it was fine and were amazed with it.


 

No comments: