Friday, February 19, 2021

Gnome socks

 February 11: Another cold day, it's -0 with a windchill of -11. It was a chilly walk in, but I decided to go to Hobby Lobby on my way home. I had to stop at home and change my boots, because it had started snowing while I was at work and a bit too slick for the boots I was wearing.
I ended up spending about $70 

The Easter stuff was 40% off, the spring stuff was 40% off, and the stickers were marked down for their clearance event. I went to get tape because I need to stock up and use my coupon before the end of the month. I ended up picking up a lot of items I've always wanted but couldn't justify spending full price or 50% off on. I picked up some cute bunny stickers, chipboard floral letters, chipboard gold letters, a surprise pop, some llama stickers, unicorn shaker stickers, tape refills, puffy food stickers, a dinosaur sticker, a couple Surprizamals, a spring gnome, some wooden tags, and some more puffy food stickers.
 A Minnie Mouse gem sticker, mermaid stickers, ocean creature stickers, puffy fruit stickers, puffy catus stickers, three Easter gnome ornaments, some plastic butterflies, and a flying pig decoration.
Birthday stickers, a cheetah sticker, a pastel dreams sticker book, a little girl sticker book, a kawaii sticko sticker book, and a drinks sticker book. 
The walk to Hobby Lobby wasn't bad, but the walk back was wicked cold.
I put together a sticky swap to mail out:
We had to send 5 sticky items, I went with sticky notes, washi, self-adhesive gems, stickers, glue dots and bandaids. I wasn't sure if people would think stickers and gems were the same, so I included the bandaids, i thought it was an interesting take on 'sticky'.
I found a Random Act of Kindness in the mail:
Very cute,
A sticker mayhem swap:
I haven't seen most of these at my Dollar Tree.
A Valentine:
I couldn't figure out what group it was from as they didn't write it in the note.
And a wish for something rainbow:
Lots of cute stickers.
February 12: Another cold day, it was -9 and felt like -29, I had a ride from a coworker. A friend left a Valentine gift for me:
Love the socks.
Found a wish of something Disney:
I'm getting a little tired that a lot of people send stickers. I might have to note no stickers in the future, I'm getting a ton of stickers.
A wish of something yellow:
Again, loving the something yellow.
A Valentine's Day pocket letter:
I'm also not loving that people seem to have different definitions of pocket letter. Sometimes they do a great job of decorating, sometimes there's a couple stickers on the paper, sometimes there are goodies and sometimes none.
A wish for happy mail:
lots of fun variety.
I had told myself that morning I needed to stop spending money when I went to pay my credit card bill and it wasn't small, and then I ordered a bunch of stuff on JoAnn's that night. I blame it on the ad I saw on Facebook during the day. My walk home was chilly. I had a scarf wrapped around the outside of my coat and my glasses fogged up and I was looking down almost the entire time. At one point, all I could see was white, I had to remove my scarf and unzip my coat a bit, it was weird.


No comments: