Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Blue Sloth

January 24: Everything is affected by the cold, I'm tired of it. I had a nice lunch:
Pork ribeye with rice.
I made a Valentine's pocket letter for a private swap:

January 25: Winter storm warning today until 9AM on Tuesday. I took out some books to get rid of and some art supplies. Left them on the porch and went to the grocery store. I needed milk and figured I'd get it before the storm started. Found quite a few things in the mailbox when I got home.
 A rainbow swap:
This was a private swap, we were to send something in every color of the rainbow, I said they didn't have to be new, slightly used. I didn't expect a bunch of loose items. Also, notice that there's no green. I was hoping the person I swapped with could uphold the regulations of the group, even though we were doing a private swap. Guess not.
A vinyl stickers tag:
This is the second of this tag I've done, I'm not that impressed with the stickers, I'm not sure I'll do it again.
A wish for purple washi:
The first time this came to me, the person put 3 stamps on it and called it good. You cannot send a roll of washi on 3 stamps, that's a parcel. I'm tired of people thinking the person they are sending to will just pay postage due.
A wish for happy mail:
I like the selection of stickers.
A wish for something gnome:
This person always sends great stuff.
A RAK of something green and purple washi:
It's a nice selection, she said she made the tag, I like it.
I found these cute foam stickers from last Valentine's Day:
Other than the hearts, they don't have to be Valentine's stickers.
Put together a private swap:
It was for a Valentine's Day pocket letter and some other Valentine's Day happy mail.
January 26: Found a text from my boss from the night before about opening. We got maybe a foot of snow, no idea. I spent the day reading on the computer. When I left for work it was 14 and felt like 9. Got a bunch of stuff done at work. My boss asked if I could close the next day, I said yes, it's nice to not close, go home, go to bed, get up and go right back to work.
January 27: 
I posted some tape dispensers to get rid of:

I felt bad about getting rid of the frog one, but I doubt I'll use it, might as well pass it on to someone who will.
Had to rearrange my schedule due to me closing instead of opening. Went to the post office and grocery shopping about 10.
I put together a rainbow tag:
A wish for sealife stickers:
A wish for happy mail:
Another wish for happy mail:
A wish for a surprise:
And a wish for stuff for a junk journal:
I got a mystery swap in the mail:
Again, a private swap. We agreed on no loose items and yet there are 4 loose items. The person mailing to me said she didn't understand what loose meant. Again with staying with the standards of the group. I guess the world is just asking me to lay off private swaps for awhile.
It felt like a Tuesday due to the fact that I closed and then opened the next day, except we close at 6 on Wednesdays instead of 9, so I had more time before I had to go to bed.
January 28: Mom and I went to see a papercutting exhibit at a local art place. I bought a cute seafoam Iowa ornament and some cute cards at the gift shop on our way out (and promptly lost one of the cards when I got home). Mom gave me a few things including a scarf I had given her years ago as a gift. Why couldn't she just donate it somewhere?

January 29: I'm working on Saturday, so had the day off. Gave in and went to Hobby Lobby:

tape, stickers, sloths.
Apparently Hobby Lobby is going to stop taking the 40% off coupons after February, I usually use them on stuff that never goes on sale, like this tape pack. Paper Studio was 50% off this week, so I got some stickers. 
bunny ornament, lightbulbs, heart stickers, sloth, plant.
I went for the tape and I needed something as a focal point on some Valentine's, so I picked up the felt stickers. I picked up the lightbulbs cause I thought it'd be cool to make a captured fairy or something out of them. They are solar lights, with the solar panel on the bottom. The bulb pops off so you can turn the fairy lights in the bulb on and off. I wish they had a clear lightbulb. I just couldn't pass up the sloth or the plant. The plant was originally $16.99, but it was slightly broken, so marked down to $1.69. I love these, I'd never pay $17 for it, but $2, totally. I hope to have a place to display these kind of plants in my new place.
I also stopped at the Asian food store:
cheese cake, sweet bun, jelly drinks, milk tea, green bean cakes, matcha boba tea.
I thought the cheese cake was cheese cake, it's more of a cake that I suppose is supposed to taste like cheese, it reminds me of pound cake or sponge cake. This is the first time I've found a sweet bun I like, they are usually more bready with a filling, this one is mostly like cake. The green bean cakes were really good, too. I thought they'd have a green bean filling, but it's like a paste made of the green beans. Not like green beans in the US, much better.
Found a few things in the mailbox when I got home. A unicorn tag:
This took the scenic route to get here, I don't like that she folded the sticker sheet, all the folded stickers were unusable.
A private swap for stickers:
A washi tape swap:
A wish for something Disney:
More stickers.
A wish for something purple:
The Valentine's I made. I had the layering done, but didn't know what to put on them. I ended up putting another heart sticker on top of the felt ones.
I put together a wish for blank cards:
A Valentine's Day pocket letter:
A Valentine's Day happy mail tag:
A Valentine's Day sticker tag:
And a Valentine's Dollar Tree tag:
I would have gone with something else, but I never get packages from this group, so I didn't feel like paying for a parcel to go out.
It totally felt like Saturday because I didn't have to work. 
January 30: I opened at the library, we were pretty steady. No mail when I got home, we were expected to get ice and then snow on top, thankfully it was just a tiny bit slippery when I went home, it took me twice as long to get home because I walked really slow.
When I went to get the mail later, there was a thin sheet of ice over everything. It was treacherous, I ended up in the snow after getting the mail. In my next place I don't have to go outside to get the mail, this is the first time I'll have lived somewhere that has that feature.
Found a private swap for a loaded envelope:
The actual envelope:
LOVE it, so cute and handmade.
The goodies:
And another private swap that didn't follow the guidelines. I like that she made stuff, but we were supposed to have store bought stuff in it.
She was also sending me my 2nd Countdown to Valentine's Day swap:
There's only 12 items here. I asked, she said she noticed after mailing that she missed the other two, and would mail them on the first.
A wish for something yellow:
Love it.
A wish for something kawaii:
And a wish for something purple:
January 31: Had to work again, we were pretty busy. We open the lobby back up on the 1st, so we were trying to move things around before we closed, but once you move something, someone comes in looking for it. I wore my new boots into work, they have these spikes that pop out of the bottom of the boot. They were really nice on the walk in, I didn't find it very slippery. My coworker said it was pretty slippery on her walk in. The sidewalks had dried by the time we left. I still popped the spikes back out, just in case.

No comments: