Friday, February 05, 2021

Shopping trip

February 1: first day of my Countdown to Valentine's Day swaps:
one person gave me tea and project life cards, the other person gave me some tulle. I will be passing on all.
I made a Valentine's Day pocket letter:
And put together a wish for Easter stickers:
And one for gem stickers:
We had someone get kicked out of one of my groups that owed a ton of stuff, so I chose to be an angel for a unicorn tag:
And one for planner stickers:
I made another Valentine's Day pocket letter for another group:
I actually just picked up these stickers on the 29th of January, it felt nice to use something up for once.
I also angeled for a mythical pocket letter:

I thought I had more stuff, I was glad to have a dragon to throw in there so it wasn't just unicorns and mermaids.
I got 5 things in the mail, an order from Ty:
I have to say the hamster (larger one) isn't as cute as the one on the website, the color pattern in this one looks kinda dirty, there's orange on the back and the way it blends with the green and yellow it looks dirty. The smaller one is said to be a mouse, I think it looks like a chinchilla. I was sucked in by a Facebook ad, and then they were doing free shipping, so I bought them.
A wish for something purple and something green:
I like the washi.
A wish for happy mail:
Lots of good stuff here.
Someone angeled for me for a Christmas ornament and a silly pen:
I will say the pen is not really silly, but it's cute. I really like the resin gingerbread ornament and the snowman with dangly legs. She said she made those two. 
A $5 tag:
I'm annoyed that she send religious stickers.
 February 2: I started Sex with Presidents, it's interesting. I basically watched YouTube all day, I did post a bunch of books on a facebook group to get rid of. Found a couple things in the mailbox on my way to work.
A sticker swap:
I'm not really into most of the stickers.
A wish for Valentine's happy mail:
I love the Hello Kitty Valentine's and the dog.
The Countdown swap:
One person gave me a granola bar, hot chocolate and project life cards. The other gave me something religious, you're not supposed to send religious items without asking your partner and I would have said, don't.
Work was slow, got caught up on a bunch of stuff.
February 3: Work was slowish. Obviously slower than curbside.
Found a rainbow tag in the mail:

Made a sticker bomb:
Put together a surprise:
And some planner stickers for wishes.
Put together a hearts tag:
Got a Mickey Mouse tag from Amazon.
Why is it Amazon delivers some stuff and others come through the mail or UPS? Is it because people can sell through Amazon?
Day 3 of the Countdown:
One person gave me a notebook, facemask and a piece of chocolate (there was a lot of loose chocolate in the box when it arrived, this could have fallen out or moved into a bag). The other person gave me some handmade embellishments (not by them).
February 4: We're in a blizzard warning from 6AM today through 6AM Friday, and then wicked cold temps for the next week and a half at least. That's as far as my weather app goes.
I do love (sarcastic) Iowa weather. I don't have to go outside Sat, Sun or Mon and most of Tues. 
Day 4 of the Countdown:
One person sent the valentines and the stickers. The other sent the foam heart stickers.
Work was so dead. It was blowing and snowing and visibility sucked on my way in. The snow tapered off after 9, but it was still very breezy. People did not come in, we had maybe 10 people the first hour and a half. We're back to arguing with people about the masks. I was hoping people are used to wearing the masks so they would just wear them. There's always a small subset of people that don't want to. I'm over it too, but it's required in the building, it would be easier for everyone, if they just wore it.
Found a private swap in the mailbox. It included a Valentine's Day pocket letter;
Goodies from the pocket letter:
And some Valentine's happy mail:
Also found a wish for happy mail:
Love all the vintage stuff.
Another wish for happy mail:
Put together a couple Valentine's Day happy mail tags:
They're about the same.
And a valentine's Day surprise, also about the same as the other two.
February 5: This was a full day of shopping, I spent way too much money. On the plus side, I won't be shopping for a month. First up, the Countdown swap:

Stickers, valentines, rainbow pencil and mini Mr. Goodbars from one partner, jute and wooden pieces from the other.
First stop for shopping was Walmart:
Picked up the essentials: shampoo, body wash, conditioner, tape, and pain killers.
The leggings were also needed, I'm wearing them basically every day to work. Picked up a few fun things: a Cutetitos and a mini I Dig Monsters, also a Yoda hand sanitizer.
Second stop, Walgreen's:
All food (except that Cutetitos). I wanted some chocolate, I'm definitely good with snacks and chocolate now.
Third stop, TJ Maxx:
notepad, sponges, cards and pajamas.
I did need the sponges and pajamas. I was looking at the pajama pants at Walmart, but all the clearanced out ones were small or XXL. These only cost $2.5 more, so technically the shirt cost the $2.50.
By that time, it was only about 11, so we went to a different part of town for other stuff.
Fourth stop, Target:
More stuff I didn't need, more food and toys.
Last stop, Dollar Tree:
All the food, see what I mean about having enough snacks?
gemstones, bandaids, ribbon, pen, toys, cup
I signed up for a sticky swap, so I picked up the colorful bandaids. The Ren and Stimpy toys are for my brother, we grew up with this cartoon/show, these are the best ones that I've seen so far. Usually one character or the other doesn't look good. The cup I picked up for a friend's Valentine's Day gift along with that Yoda hand sanitizer.
I spent way too much money. Headed home for lunch, to put things away and get ready for shopping with another friend in our downtown area. It's Downtown Dollar Days. I will say I was disappointed more stores weren't participating. 
We went to a local fair trade store:
Picked up a cute bracelet for me, a paperweight for my mom, a flying pig for my friend and some cute cards.
Stopped at another store that recently branched into stationary, picked up this wicked cute tasting box:
And lastly picked up this wicked cute tiny bottle. I should have put a dime in the picture, because it's about that size.
Found a couple things in the mailbox. One item had three different tags in it:
Valentine's happy mail (the paperclips), Valentine's stickers, Valentine's dollar tree item (gems).
And a wrapped item:
I love the wrapping paper.
I'm really excited about the stamps, I'm tired of getting cards.

No comments: