Thursday, January 02, 2020

a new microwave

Friday: I read, and found a bunch of things in the mailbox.
Winner Takes All: Stationery sheets
I don't use stationery, I'll probably pass these on.
 Dollar Store:
 Also, probably won't use these.
Winner Takes All: washi samples
 I like the Disney princess and the animal ones.
Happy mail:
 There is a cat shaped paperclip in the monsters inc bag. I will pass the paperclip on to a friend, I love the tiny Monsters Inc bag, the washi, the cat bags, the unicorn package and the tea. Definitely happy mail.
Winner Takes All: 3 postcards
 I'm not a big postcard person, I'll pass these on.
Christmas card:
 This was postmarked the 23rd of December, it was supposed to be mailed by the 21st, so I could get it before Christmas. It also wasn't written in, I'd rather you sent me a card with a nice message.
This or That tag: Disney gift bags
 Would've been nice to get these before Christmas, or sent some that weren't Christmas themed.
Saturday: was another lazy reading day. I did get one piece of mail.
Winner Takes All: 3 sticker sheets
 This is the reason I don't do the sticker sheets tags, because people send out cheap stickers. the Toy Story ones are the best.
Sunday: I did my laundry and then got fed up and opened all my blind bags from earlier.
 The tiny things are from the slime capsules, I realized you're only guaranteed 2 figures in 6 capsules of slime, not worth it on clearance and not worth it full priced. I don't get why every thing has to have slime. How to Train Your Dragon: I have no idea whose dragon it is, but it's cute. Godzilla blind bag: This was an exclusive, I'm not sure which Godzilla this is, but I like him. The Little Mermaid blind bags: Ursula and Eric, Ursula is my favorite villian (I'm sure it's because she's part octopus), not too excited about Eric. Surprizeamals: 2 pink unicorns, a green penguin and a grey penguin, those were all duplicates of what I already have. The red unicorn and red hedgehog are new to me. I realized I now have 3 different colored hedgehogs.
I made a flipbook:
 And an ATC:
 And got a wish of socks ready to mail:
 Monday: I returned a ton of items to the library, maybe 12. A lot of big heavy books, I could have waited, but I love returning things and seeing how many items I have left. Found some stuff in the mailbox when I got home.
Destash:
 I like the 12x12 paper, and the gems.
Winner Takes All: Destash
 Not a ton in here I really liked.
Winner Takes All: stationery sheets
 Again, I don't use stationery but I like the gnomes.
Winner Takes All: washi samples and postcards
 I like the washi samples.
Winner Takes All: 4 postcards
 Or 3, she said she'd send another one on it's way.
Winner Takes All: 3 handmade envelopes:
 I don't really use handmade envelopes, though there are some times where all I need is an envelope to use to mail things out, maybe I should start.
Tuesday: I had to work 12-5, as we closed at 5. Found this bowl filled with candy in the break room.
 After eating some of it, I was thinking, I should practice more self-control with things in the break room, it's certainly not helping with my weight. I found a few things in the mailbox on my way to work.
Winner Takes All: a couple sheets of stationery, loose stickers and 2 cards
 I like the carebear and the stickers.
Winner Takes All: 3 handmade envelopes.
 Winner Takes All: 3 notecards
 I'd like this more if she sent 3 different cards.
Happy Mail:
 There was a Christmas wish post on one of my groups. I told them how crappy my Christmas was and asked for something to cheer me up. This definitely cheered me up. I really like the stickers and the washi.
I went to Applebee's with my parents for supper. Had a mudslide (that tasted like it didn't have any alcohol in it) and a quesadilla burger. I just wanted to get a mudslide, a really good burger and a yummy dessert. I got two of the three. Mom asked on our way home if a mudslide at Applebees was better than one at Red Lobster. I just wanted a good burger, I'm not going to go to Red Lobster for a burger (not even sure you can get one there), I'm not sure my mother really likes Applebee's.
The whole reason I had to go out to supper with them was because a large box had been delivered and it was for me. It turned out to be a microwave:
 Mom was afraid I'd trip and kill myself taking it home, so she delivered it on the 1st.
I wanted to stop at HyVee and see if they had any sparkling grape juice, but my mother conveniently forgot about that when we were headed home. I was pissed that she made me come over to open the box, but wouldn't let me take it home, so after she dropped me off, I went to Fareway. I bought a 2 liter of Mtn Dew, but then decided I wanted a cold one, so picked up a 20 oz, I was going to put the 2 liter back, but decided I just didn't care. I picked up some cereal and some scones. I stayed up until slightly after midnight and headed to bed.
We had this whole discussion on the 31st about how I didn't want to go outside on the 1st, but I had to because mom was delivering the microwave. It's much smaller than my old one. I'm happy to have it, it was just my parents were getting me one for my birthday (6 months ago), we went to Walmart and then realized I didn't have measurements, so we didn't get one. I kept waiting for them to just buy me one after I gave them the measurements. So, my parents got off the hook for a birthday present and my brother got off the hook for a Christmas present. I'm so tired of thinking about them all the time and them not seeming to give a damn about what I want. I'm done getting gifts for them. I certainly didn't get them gifts when I went after Christmas shopping.
Wednesday: I didn't go out after getting my microwave. I watched TV all day.
Thursday: I did head to HyVee as Fareway is getting close to moving into their new store and they're not restocking some stuff. They've been out of mouthwash the last three times I've been there. I was getting rather low, so I headed to HyVee, figured that meant the universe was telling me to go to Hobby Lobby as they're both in the same strip mall
I only picked up the mouthwash at HyVee:
 I was very proud of myself. There were other things I wanted, but since I wasn't going straight home, I chose not to get them.
My second stop was JoAnn's, I very rarely find anything to buy in there. I'm not sure why I even go in.
I made an eye appointment, since it's been at least 5 years since I got new glasses. I was looking at my eye insurance and I'm not sure it covers the exam, I think it's just frames, I guess we'll see.
Next up was Hobby Lobby:
 They of course had Valentine's they were stocking, but it wasn't on sale, so I didn't really look. OK, I did, there was a pair of resin sloths I wanted, but I refrained.
They did still have a couple aisles of Christmas left. I got the fuzzy ornaments, the yeti, the donut, the pretzel, the nurse, Scottie dog and macaron from there. The owl planter was in the home decor clearance aisle. The elf, Frankenstein's monster and the elephant were from the clearance aisle. The last time I was in before Christmas, their clearance aisle was kinda overrun by Christmas, now it was just really small. I hope they bring it back. I didn't buy any papercrafting stuff, which was weird. Paper Studio was 50% off, I just didn't feel like looking at any of it. I spent less than $10.
I headed over to the Asian food store to see if they had anything new.
 some kind of white kidney bean mochi, tiger cakes, peach flavored drink, 2 Thai teas, muscat grape gummies. I spent $22 here, I wish the stuff was priced better, I'm sure I'd spend less if they had the prices on them.
My last stop was the HyVee drugstore.
 I was hoping they'd have better Christmas sales, but I didn't find anything I really wanted except for these stickers. I'll need the chai soon, now I won't have to think about it.
I kinda wanna go up to the mall tomorrow, see if they have anything left.
I found a Winner Takes All of memo sheets when I got home.
 I don't really use these either. I know a lot of people use them for their notes on tags. I've been using Project Life cards. I was so excited about buying them a few years ago, but I never used them, so at least I'm using them.
This ornament:
 I picked up for my aunt, she's a nurse.
I put together a Valentine Grab Bag swap:
 We have to send at least 20 different items.
I put together a stickerpalooza swap:
We have to send 10 new packages of stickers. OMG!!! I have a ton of stickers, I really don't need to buy more. I also learned I have a ton of pens as well.
I put together a Valentine's Day swap
We have to send 5 new Valentine's Day themed items. I wanted to look at the Valentine's Day things at Hobby Lobby because of this. I also want to go to the Dollar Tree and look, but I'm *trying* not to spend money on stuff I don't need (after my trip to the mall), I feel like I say that a lot.
I also worked on a Countdown to Valentine's Day swap. We have to send 14 items, 7 can be store bought, at least 7 need to be handmade. I know I just did the other big swap where half the items had to be handmade, but I'm still stuck on things to make. We also have to decorate the bags that the items are in. I found a bunch of bags in my Lollipop Box excess, so I decided to use those and just decorate them. I did a lot of sorting, trying to get like things all in the same place. I feel I made more room in my  bedroom.

No comments: