Monday, January 06, 2020

Bad Day

Friday: I wasn't scheduled to work, but someone called in sick, so I said I could work. I finally got word from the bookstore that I was scheduled for training on Tuesday. I found 5 pieces of mail on my way into work.
Winner Takes All: happy mail:
 I love the mermaid memo sheets, that top card, the bookmark and the cork sticker.
Winner Takes All of some stationery sets and a bunch of washi:
 the person said 4 washi, I figured 4 samples of washi, not 4 cards of washi samples. Love this one, the stationery sets are neat and the washi are pretty cool, too.
Winner Takes All, happy mail:
 I like the Trolls, Market List and cacti memo sheets. That's about it. I left the True Orange packets at work.
Winner Takes All, tea
 These all look very interesting, I'm excited to try them.
A wish granted of something Kawaii and happy mail.
 I like the kawaii items and the typewriter and the shoe, the rest I'm not so interested in.
I also had a thank you note in my work mailbox:
 It was from a co-worker thanking me for the New Year's star I gave her.
I decided to make some New Year's resolutions this year. We'll see if I stick to them:
1. Read 100 books
    This is a constant goal every year, I don't care if I get to 100, but it's my goal
2. Participate in more tags/swaps that I'm interested in.
     As opposed to just doing ones because I want mail. This would take out wishes, because I feel obligated to do wishes, not sure why, but I feel obligated, also not to do the Secret Sister swaps in one of my groups because I seem to not get much that I want, I've only had a couple where I loved most of what was sent to me.
3. Walk home from every event I work at one of my jobs.
     That is a goal for this season, and I have walked home most of the times I've worked, on one night someone told me it was too cold to walk home (it was like 20 degrees, not that cold), though I gratefully accepted it because I'd been on my feet a ton that week.
4. Spend less money on things I don't need.
    This would be the less shopping thing. I was thinking of trying to just go shopping once a month. that would be once down south and once up north, which I don't think would be an issue because I don't get a lot from up north.
5. Eat more salads.
    I should give a number as I find that easier to do than saying do more or do less of something.
And of course I'm trying to cut down on Mountain Dew.
Saturday: I had to open at the library. I found 8 pieces of mail when I got home.
Winner Takes All, postcard:
 This was the end of another one I got earlier, she had said she'd send 4 postcards and ended up only sending 3, so this was the last one.
Winner Takes All, destash:
 A great selection on this one, this person always sends good stuff.
Favorite color purple
 I don't know how I feel about this one. The butterfly is broken, because it's not flexible. It's much better than a roll of ribbon.
A flipbook
 She made an envelope one:
 With a beautiful waterfall feature in it. You pull on the bottom piece and the top pieces flip up and reveal things.
The goodies:
 Winner Takes All, destash
 If it's all one kind of thing (stickers) I don't really consider it destash, but I like stickers, so still a win.
A wish granted of fuzzy warm socks:
 and they are both. Very nice to put on when I get home from work.
Winner Takes All, notecards:
As I said before with the other person that just sent me notecards, I wish they weren't all the same thing, or in this case, not something I have. Oh well, I can always use more notecards.
I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to pick up essentials for my days at the bookstore. I figured if I worked all the days I told them I was available, it would be 7 days. So, I splurged on Colby Jack cheese and off the bone ham. I also picked up pickles instead of lettuce, mostly because I wouldn't take anything until Tuesday and I didn't want to go back to the store on Monday for lettuce. I also picked up a bag of chips.
We're getting a new grocery store next to the old one and it's getting very close to opening. It seems that they're not restocking stuff at the old one. I find it a bit annoying as I don't want to walk to the more expensive grocery store to get the stuff I need. I guess I only have one more shopping day before what I heard was the opening (Jan 15). Everything is also 10% off. Somehow I still ended up spending more than I thought I would.
Sunday: I got my laundry done before having to go into work. That was nice. Work was constant, not as busy as I wanted it to be, but still kinda busy. We had a last minute change in people working which threw me off.
Monday: became a crappy day. As I was crossing the street on my way into work at a stoplight, a Fareway semi truck ran the red light and turned left and cut me off. And then while I was very annoyed with that guy a cop was going to turn left (but he had the green) and stopped to wait for me but I guess didn't notice the giant semi running the light. Seriously, right in front of you and you couldn't do your job? He stops in the middle of the intersection when he noticed me and was waiting for me to cross, but it was pretty much a yellow light at that point.Kinda made me think he wasn't paying attention at all. I went into the Fareway to complain, asked for a manager, none came up as the cashier checked out 3 people. She tells me they must all be at the new store (right next door) and they wouldn't be able to do anything anyway, I realized that, I thought they could pass it up the line. She tells me to call the corporate office and I went on my merry way. I ended up not doing anything, because I figured corporate wouldn't do anything and if I said anything to the cops, they probably wouldn't do anything either. That made me a couple minutes late for work. Work was fine, the patrons can always brighten my day.
I didn't get any mail and heard back from the bookstore. They scheduled me for all the days I said I was available next week. So, I'm only working tomorrow (training) and 4 days next week. My friend was saying last week that she might be available at the end of this week to hang out and then I told her I wasn't available, now that I'm available, I bet she isn't. Since I had an overabundance of lunch supplies, I had one of my sandwiches today. I'm trying to decide if I want to be super early tomorrow, or just early. I will be packing a lunch because they have me scheduled until 3 even though I told them I was only available until 1, I don't think training will take that long and I hope they don't need me for that long, because I'm not available that long.

No comments: