Thursday, December 26, 2019

Crappy Christmas

Tuesday: Turned out to be a shitty day. Got up wicked early, opened my Advent calendars:
The wood veneers are from the Advent swap, the cupcake punch is from the 12 Days swap and the washi, ornament and figure are from mine.
We left a little after 7:15 to go to the airport about an hour away. Security was a little different for me this time as I haven't been on a plane in 4 years. One of the security guys waived me and dad to the front of the line (probably because dad is blind) and then messed up the lines and didn't tell the other security people. Also, I got patted down and had a hand test, whatever, I get they have to do what they have to do. We get to the gate and our flight that was originally supposed to leave at 10AM is now pushed back to 11:15 and then about half an hour later it was cancelled and there were no more flights that we could get on that day or the next. Fog in Chicago. We ended up getting an Uber back home. It was all I could do to not burst into tears the whole way back. I was just starting to get excited about having a vacation, haven't really had one in a year and I don't know when I'll have time for more than a day or so. When we got home, dad wanted to have lunch and maybe see if we could get a ride to my aunt's Christmas celebration. I just wanted to go home and wallow in my misery. So, I walked home, carrying my bag, I needed that walk for the tears and just to vent to myself. I unpacked everything and headed back out to the grocery store for some comfort food and milk. I had a Swanson's fried chicken dinner for lunch with a Mountain Dew, it helped.
I found some mail when I got home.
A Christmas Card:
Another Christmas card:
And my first Winner Takes All of destash:
This Winner Takes All is kinda like a lottery. We sign up saying what we will send to whoever wins and give a number. I won and was so excited. I don't win a lot. I should be getting 32 pieces of mail for this.
I spent the rest of the day online and watching movies.
Wednesday: I had an extra in my Advent calendar and in the Advent calendar swap, so I opened those.
The pen is from the swap, the chocolate, ornament and washi from mine.
I also opened my purchases from Monday:
Count Chocula is from the cartoon blind bag, Ariel in her pink dress and Ursula are from the two Little Mermaid blind bags, and Wall-E wasn't a blind bag. My favorites are Ursula and Wall-E, I believe Ursula is my favorite Disney Villain.
One of my groups posted Christmas wishes, I granted a few and asked for happy mail, which is too tall of an order for some people, as I got one grant.
Wish of something sarcastic and Easter stickers:
I was granting the something sarcastic, but then didn't really know if these were considered sarcastic or not (funny, yes, I just wasn't sure about sarcastic), so I popped some Easter stickers in there as well. I had just gotten the quotes from a winter pocket letter, I think they're pretty great. "Everyone's all Ooohh, isn't the snow pretty, and I'm just over here thinking is it June yet?" "I'm not going outside until the temperature is above my age" (actually our temps have been in the 40's and 50's, so we're already there), My favorite winter activity is getting back inside.
Wish of something panda:
I couldn't find the one sticker sheet I really wanted to send her, but knew I had others as well.
It felt like a normal day off from work, except that everyone kept wishing me a Merry Christmas. I didn't want to deal with them. I changed my facebook profile picture to a grumpy emoji and wanted to tell everyone to buzz off.
I went to supper with my parents to a local more upscale restaurant, it's the third time I've been there and I'm never impressed with the food. I got a mac and cheese dish, it wasn't that good. I gave them their gifts and mom game me a gift of earrings and some Target gift cards. Dad said my plane tickets were supposed to be part of my Christmas gift, so here's some gift cards to cover that.
I've decided to watch all my movies alphabetically to see if I really want to keep them all, so I finished the night with The American President (keeping this one).
Thursday: I got up and went to the post office. I mailed the two wishes from above, a pocket letter, gifts for my brother and his girlfriend, and gifts for a friend.
And then I went shopping, I always go after Christmas shopping, it used to be a great way to get gifts for the next year cheaply, but as mom keeps pushing not to do big gifts, I just bought stuff for me this time (a bit too much for me). First stop was BAM, I keep meaning to go there, I just haven't.
Found this:
Was tempted to buy it, but I already have the book.
I also saw they still had Harry Potter Advent Calendars and a couple others. What I bought:
Gnome, Godzilla blind bag, two Little Mermaid blind bags, The Perfect Guy chocolate, some Almond Roca for my dad, he mentioned the other day he was craving these. Total spent $37
I am a bit disappointed that the gnome was not marked down and of course I wasn't paying attention at check-out and didn't realize it until I got home, typical.
Next stop was Walmart, they were pretty busy.
Long-sleeve t-shirt, Kit Kat, coffee tags, Dino Strike blind bag, double stick tape, Niffler ornament, Minion ornament, Christmas cards, squishy card holder.
I keep checking the men's section for long-sleeve shirts, they seem to have better ones than the women's section. The Kit Kat I found in the check-out, it's dark chocolate and mint. The Dino Strike blind bag was with the toys in the Christmas clearance aisle, but it didn't ring up at half price, I ate this one and put the other toy I figured was on sale back. Sometimes I think stores do this on purpose, see if you're paying attention and when you get home and realize it's not what you thought it was priced at you will decide it's not worth it to return. I was so excited to find the Niffler ornament and the Minion ornament. These ornaments are so much regular priced that they are still kinda pricey for me at half off. I picked up the cards for next year. I wanted one of these squishy card holders, but I wasn't going to pay $5 for them originally, $2.50 is ok.
unicorn activity book, bags, Kinders.
The book didn't ring up at 50% off either, but since it was a Christmas book, the cashier changed it. Thought these bags would be cute to use, and I wanted these Kinders earlier, but wasn't interested in paying full price. Total spent $53.
Next up was Target:
socks, gloves, ornaments, Surprizimals, How to Train your Dragon blind bag, toys.
I've been trying to find knee highs, but no one seems to have them. I have found sweater weight ones, and everyone's carrying crew. I need knee highs for my boots, I'm having the hardest time finding them. One of my coworkers said Target had them. I found these and a couple pairs with cool patterns, but I don't buy the cute patterned ones because no one sees them. I guess I'll have to go online next. I couldn't pass up these cute green gloves. I was excited to find the Minion ornament here, too. I picked up Harry Potter, because even though I haven't read the books or wish to watch the movies, I do like the merchandise that it's producing. This ornament was missing his hands and whatever he was holding in them. I thought he still looked neat. I picked up the other ornaments because they were cute, fox in a coat, blue yeti, fairy and a mushroom person. I was looking for a specific blind bag, but couldn't find them, I found this value pack of Surprizamals of 6 for $12, since they are normally $4-$6 each, this was a good deal. I wanted more blind bags, but only found the How to Train your dragon and the slime guys. Total spent $47. I used my gift cards.
Last stop was Dollar Tree:
tassel paperclips, washi, squishy Hulk, loofahs, Russell Stover chocolate, hair bands, Toy Story activity book, horror movie?, more chocolate.
I admit, the paperclips and washi were just cute, so was Hulk. I needed the loofahs and hair bands. They were putting out Valentine's Day chocolate, so I picked up a couple of these tiny hearts, they're really good. I picked up the movie cause it sounded like a horror movie, and the other chocolate just sounds good. Total spent $14.
I hit 10,000 steps shortly before I got home, and found 3 items in my mail box.
Winner Takes All:
of cards and washi samples. I love that Alice in Wonderland washi.
Wrapped flat item:
It was a stamp set:
Probably going to pass it on, as I don't really use stamps.
And another Winner Takes All:
of happy mail. I had to look at my records to find out, as there was not a note.
Like I said I should have 32 of these Winner Takes All coming in, they were supposed to have them mailed by yesterday, 13 people still have to send.
I spent way too much money, but the walk and spending money on me helped with my mood.

No comments: