Monday, December 23, 2019

A purple monster

Friday's mail brought these cute sticker sheets:
 My mother texted the other day saying we should get together and open presents before going to Chicago. I did not want to, because what would we do on Christmas? I told her I had to work the day she suggested and my presents were packed and ready to go. She messaged back that they weren't taking my presents, so I should find time, wow that escalated quickly. I told her I had time that night, but not if she was going to be rude, I almost told her I didn't want to go to Chicago with her if she was gonna be in that kind of mood. She annoyed me so much, I opened the box my friend sent me:
 I was going to wait and open it after we got back, but my mom just annoyed me so much. It's so cute. I could tell it was a tin before I opened it, I thought it was gonna be a tin of cookies.
I also got out my Advent calendar I'd been putting together for next year, opened them all up again and re-filled them all. That was the whole reason I was going to go shopping, because I wanted to fill them all with blind bags, but I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on blind bags and since I probably wouldn't be after Christmas shopping. I started to fill them with gnomes from this year and last year. I took out all the blind bags and started opening them. I did continue putting a roll of washi in each of them, though. I've been raiding my stuff for the other items. I'm sure it helped that I didn't take a picture of the things I put in it.
I ended up going to supper at Texas Roadhouse with my parents and opening their presents afterwards. Here's what they gave me:
 Nothing that couldn't be put in a suitcase. Mom did say she wanted to give me the sweater before we went so I could wear it, but it would have been one day that I couldn't wear it. I was so annoyed that she decided we were only doing stocking stuffers this year, just cause she doesn't want stuff, doesn't mean she can't give me stuff. I do like the sweater, I just don't see what she couldn't put in her suitcase, I doubt she already had them wrapped. I bet they won't let me have a mimosa before we leave.
Saturday:
 I have to say this is the most disappointing day of my swaps/calendars.
The tape, macaroon and Santa clothespin are from mine. The Bo Bunny stamps from the 12 Days of Christmas swap and the rest from the Advent calendar swap.
What I sent:
A vintage pin
I put together some stuff to mail out as I have to mail on Monday.
Happy mail tag:
 Those Bo Bunny stamps (I don't use stamps that often and knew I wouldn't use them), stickers are from a destash swap, sticky notes were in my stash, envelope is from a homemade tag, postcard from another happy mail tag. This one may be able to be sent as a large envelope.
Happy mail tag:
 The House Mouse stamps (for the same reason), stickers from a destash swap, the stationery from a favorite animal tag, envelope from a homemade tag and postcard from another happy mail tag. This one is definitely a parcel.
Destash tag:
 Most of this is from a large destash swap.
More of the destash tag:
 Again most of this is from the destash swap, the thickers and stencil are from my most recent Peachy Cheap grab bag. Also will be a parcel.
I headed in to work at that point, and it was wicked slow.
I did find a Christmas ornament tag in the mail:
When I got home from work, I finished some more trim stars. I'm planning on giving them as New Year's presents.
One of my friends did that last year, and I thought it was a great idea. I did give out some Christmas gifts, but mostly cause I didn't want to wait. I now just have to figure out who to give them to. These have a cardstock background so I feel they could be mailed on one stamp.
Sunday: I got up and tried to get my laundry done before work. For some reason the washer wouldn't drain, so my load was wicked wet after running it once, and then I tried a rinse and spin and they were still wet and then I tried another cycle with a faster spin cycle and that finally worked. I got them in the dryer shortly before I went to work.
Advent calendars:
 The candy was from the Advent calendar swap, the felt candy canes are a card garland from the 12 Days of Christmas swap and the fluffy ornament and washi are from mine.
What I sent:
A handmade tassel, I was really proud about this.
I really wanted to go shopping at HyVee or Mayhem. I talked myself out of HyVee before work but was going to try for Mayhem after work. Work was slow, we had a little rush right after we opened, but otherwise we very slow. I think my work shoes are all worn out, as I was really tired as we got closer to the end of the day, but when I sat down it was much better. I ended up not going to Mayhem because I was so tired.
When I got home and took off my boots I was much better.
I finished a pocket letter:
 and relaxed for the rest of the day.
Monday: I decided to head to Mayhem after work.
My calendars:
 The sampler Pack is from the Advent Calendar swap, the paper from the 12 Days of Christmas swap, the mouse ornament and washi were from mine.
What I sent:
Some wood pieces.
I'm enjoying what I'm getting, but I'm so annoyed that my Advent Calendar swap partner didn't follow the rules of the swap. I worked so hard to follow the rules and make half of the items and she made 6 different items, most of them die cuts, some of them paired with other things for the days. I liked the embellishments and the tiny notebook. I'm just so frustrated, especially after seeing other people's pictures of all the cool handmade stuff they're getting.
I had pretty much given up on hearing from the bookstore about spring RUSH, there was an email in my inbox this morning, with instructions to fill out availability by Friday and that I had another step to take. Just one more thing to add to my day.
Work wasn't that interesting, but it felt like all our brains had already gone on vacation.
I did find some more goodies on my desk:
The bag was sitting on my desk and I couldn't figure out who it was from or if it was actually for me since I share a desk. I finally was told before I left that it was for me, so I decided to take them on the plane tomorrow as a snack.
I also ended up going to Mayhem after work, I didn't really have time, but I decided to make the time.
I'm excited to see what's in these, but I'm waiting until I get back to open them up. As I was checking out, I used my credit card and the guy helping me asked for my Herbie Hancock, I loved that he used that reference and mentioned it and that kids these days hadn't experienced Chris Farley and it was sad. It kinda made my day.
I took the bus back to the library earlier than I expected, I was going to visit another store but as it was a couple minutes before the bus arrived and I had stuff to do to get ready for tomorrow, I decided to just go home.
I stopped at the post office to mail some stuff and the bank to get some change. When I got home I found a bill in my mail that I was hoping would show up today (as it's due on the 1st) and paid that and got it out and into the mail.
I also found a winter pocket letter:
A couple Christmas cards:


And a gift from a friend:
This last one made me feel kinda bad as I haven't gotten hers in the mail yet, I've just had a ton going on. Did you see the monster? It's my favorite piece of the box.

No comments: