Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Toy story postcard

Sunday:
 The mermaid, unicorn coin purse, macaroon bath bomb and snowflake washi are from mine. The ribbon from the swap. I used the ribbon on the right to wrap a present already.
Day 15: what I sent:
I got my laundry done, watched some movies, and read a couple books.
I also got my mail packaged up for the week.
Christmas ornament:
 Christmas ornament:
 I usually don't allow myself to do more than one of a single tag, but I had some ornaments I wanted to get rid of, I was hoping to do 3, but the tag was Friday, so it was hard to get it in between my travels.
Gift for a friend:
 She likes Peanuts stuff, I figured she'd enjoy these. I picked Woodstock up at a thrift store last year and the socks at TJ Maxx.
A gift for a co-worker:
 Most of these are from swaps, she always says I can pass things on to her that I don't want. I did buy the reindeer candle holders and the snowflake. I didn't buy them this year, but I didn't want everything to be stuff I didn't want.
Monday:
 The die cuts are from the Advent Calendar swap, the washi, snowman and palm tree ornament are from mine, and the package of die cuts are from the 12 Days of Christmas swap.
I'm beginning to think all my partner made in the Advent Calendar swap was die cuts. To me, you don't really make those, you cut them out. Maybe if she'd done layered ones, that would be different. There are 9 more days left, we were supposed to make at least half of our items. I've had 3 days of die cuts and a day of handmade embellishments.
A close-up of the die cuts from the 12 Days of Christmas swap:
What I sent:
Some snowflake embellishments that I made.
Another one of my co-workers gave me a cute gift at work:
She made the cookies and ornaments. When she gave it to me, I was really excited about the ornaments, as I was admiring them, she says "there's cookies, too" I was more excited about the ornaments than the cookies.
My plan was to go shopping after work, but the boots I chose to wear are giving me a blister, so I went home and changed clothes and went shopping.
I found a couple pieces of mail when I changed my clothes.
RAK:
 I guess, I'm not sure, but it's cute.
A Christmas ornament:
 Very cute, but I almost had to rip apart the envelope to get it out.
I needed to find something for my brother's girlfriend, they have money, so anything they want, they just buy it. I usually just get her something nice.
My first stop was a local gift store:
 I found the star ornament and the snowflake ornament for her. I picked up the gnome for me. Total spent $13. I put the gnome in my Advent calendar for next year.
My next stop was a local toy store, they always have some interesting stuff. Totally just bought it all for me.
 scratch pack, stretchy lizard, sticky notes, nature activity book, green activity book, flowers dot-to-dot, tiny pegasus. Total spent $11. I put the scratch pack, the lizard and one of the activity books in my Advent calendar for next year.
Next place was another local gift store. I was looking for some fudge for my dad, I found this cute thing for me instead:
 Total spent $4. I put it in my Advent calendar for next year.
My last stop was a drug store. I wasn't going to go in here, but I thought I was there, I'd just look.
 Ghiradelli chocolate, keychains. Total spent $24. I had noticed a post about these mixed chocolate bags in my history on Facebook. I was extra excited when I noticed them, and then I found a bin full of Claire's stuff on clearance. These ranged from $8 to $10 each originally. I'd never pay that much for one thing, but I'll totally pay $8 for all of them.
 I think I'm done shopping. I'll probably put in some chocolates, but I'm done. My mom said we should just do stocking stuffers this year.
For my brother's girlfriend:
 the two ornaments I got today and a chocolate bar.
For my mother:
I feel a little bad that I don't have more for her, she's easy to shop for, because she collects Santas, but after she said she wasn't doing presents, I stopped shopping for her, I guess if she's disappointed, it's her own fault.
For my brother:
 He's also pretty easy to shop for, he collects reindeer. I picked up the Mario ornament because he played that as a kid. I also picked up the R ornament, because he likes green and his name starts with R.
For my dad:
The hardest person to shop for. I usually end up just giving him candy. Mom said that should be fine.

No comments: