Saturday, December 14, 2019

Lots of mail

Thursday: I got a stocking stuffer in the mail:
 Not too excited about this one.
Friday: was payday, I had to open so I could go with my mom to help make gingerbread houses for her friend's library.
Advent calendars:
The notepads I got in the swap, the doily ornament and plaid washi were from mine.
What I sent:
A garland kit.
I had seen these cards in my mailbox when I floated through the library to meet someone on Thursday for the city party. The party wasn't very exciting, I'm not sure I'll go next year. One of my co-workers was selling these as a United Way fundraiser, I thought they were cute:
 I had a plan to give them to some people for Christmas, but I've decided not to. They look like they are prints from books.
I found 6 items in my mailbox when I got home. I took them with us on our trip and opened them Friday night.
First up was a Christmas card:
 A happy mail tag:
 A Christmas card for another group:
 This one came from Australia, she made the card and included some Australian tea.
Another Christmas card from the above group:
 Also handmade, I like the penguins.
Another card from the same group:
 This one is a shaker card, also handmade.
The last item was a Christmas ornament re-send:
 The original ornament was a wooden snowflake that broke in transit. I really like this one. Give me anything with a "W" and I will like it.
 Saturday: I took my Advent calendars stuff for the 14th with me, so I could open it.
The snowman and top washi are mine, all the rest are from the swap. 
What I sent:
Some Christmas tags
Here's my contribution to our gingerbread workshop:
 We left about 1pm and drove straight home. We had discussed stopping in Clear Lake and checking out some stores, but we were both ready to get back home.
I had 4 things in the mail.
First up was my 12 Days of Christmas swap:
 I like the wrapping paper.
I opened the ones I had missed:
 First day was 4 Ghiradelli peppermint bark pieces, Second day was a Lindor chocolate and the Third day was a 6x6 paper pad.
And then I realized, I'm supposed to start opening on the 13th, so I accidentally opened tomorrow's gift. Oh well.
I also opened the handmade ornament and card:
 I LOVE the ornament, it's gingerbread house (kinda fitting) made from die cuts with a bit of foamy embellishment.
I also received a Christmas card:
 Another Christmas card from another group:
 And another one from a third group as a RAK:
We got home about 3, it took me about an hour and a half to put stuff in my mail journal, and then I sat down to catch up on YouTube.
At least my feet don't hurt today, they were still not too happy last night when I was standing in the kitchen helping to make gingerbread houses. Tomorrow is laundry and I keep thinking about going west for some shopping. I only have 6 blind bags for next year's Advent calendar

No comments: