Thursday, December 12, 2019

Still waiting

Tuesday: Advent calendars:
I received the K&Company tag stack and the scissors in the swap, the gingerbread ornament and everything else I seemed to have gotten last year in swaps were from mine.
 I had a physical in the morning, and decided to just go up to the mall to see if I could find anything for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas.
I found this great gingerbread kit at Walmart, my brother would love it:
 What I did get at Walmart:
 Mystery ornament, Lucky tin blind bag, Reese's pretzels, Turtle Chex mix, chocolate bar, and a monster. I put the mystery ornament, the blind bag and the monster in my Advent calendar for next year. Figured I'd give the chocolate to my brother's girlfriend.
I was also looking for some long sleeve shirts:
 red sweatshirt, it says instead of gift giving, I'm giving everyone my opinions, it was cheap so I got it, the middle one is really fuzzy and has a sugar skull on it, I think it's a junior's size, because it's a bit short, and the last is just a red/black baseball style shirt.
I needed a long sleeve red or white shirt for work. I found some at Walmart, but not in my size. Found this one at JC Penney's
 It was more than I wanted to spend, but it was the only one I could find in my size.
Next stop was Claire's, I was looking for more blind bags for my Advent calendar.
 The ghost was on clearance from Halloween. I put the erasers in my Advent calendar. I needed an eye mask for an upcoming trip.
Next up was TJ Maxx, thought I could find something there.
 I found the unicorn bag in the checkout aisle, it's filled with chocolate that I will take to work. The box of chocolate I also found in the checkout aisle, I was doing so good at not buying chocolate as I had just bought a box at Chocolaterie Stam the other day. I picked up the gift bag for a friend. The cactus notecard set I just couldn't pass up, and I needed the drain strainers.
My last stop was Walgreen's:
I put the Tokidoki and the two cat blind bags in my Advent calendar. The Ooey Gooey cakes are so good, they were the whole reason I went back, I wanted more, but they only had one of each. Also love peanut butter twix. I couldn't pass up the giant Nerds figure.
I also picked up a Jimmie John's sandwich for lunch. My doctor did say I needed to eat more fruits and vegetables.
I put together a wrapped flat item when I got home:
 And received a Christmas card in the mail:
 Along with my International Blessings box:
 Not happy with it. The reviews said last year's Christmas box was much better. The bell looks and sounds like a cow bell. The owl is cute, I just don't know what to do with it. I'll be sending the bicycle to a friend. I need to make sure that this box doesn't renew at the end of the 6 months.
Wednesday:
 The Woodstock figure and, the felt envelope and the ticket washi is from mine. The cutaparts, stickers and die cuts are from the swap. I keep hoping to get something really cool handmade, so far I've gotten 3 days with die cuts and one day of embellishments for the handmade items.
I had hoped to see my 12 Days of Christmas swap waiting for me when I got home, I didn't have any mail. Turns out my partner was sick and it should be mailed by the 12th.
I put together a Christmas package for a friend:
 I had a basketball game to work that night. Same shit, different day.
Thursday:
The snowman and washi are mine and the candle from the swap. I'll be passing the candle on to a friend.
I'm supposed to be heading out of town with my mom tomorrow to help make gingerbread houses. I can't figure out what to pack. It shouldn't be that hard, it's an overnight trip, it shouldn't be that much. I totally packed my Advent calendar items to open on Saturday. In theory I should have my swap package waiting for me when I get home. I spent the day sitting, as my feet were throbbing when I got home Wednesday night. I had another game tonight. It was kinda wild. It was one of the big ones, men's so crowds are much bigger. We had to turn people away because we ran out of room, they weren't happy. We were afraid they might rush the doors, had an adrenaline rush from that. We also saw Andrew Yang, that was pretty cool. I knew he was in town as I had seen his bus earlier in the day at city hall.
Someone gave me a ride home because "It's way too cold to walk home" It was about 20 degrees, which to me is not very cold, but I wasn't going to say no when someone offers me a ride home, plus my legs/feet still hurt.

No comments: