Thursday, October 03, 2019

Sticker flakes

I keep meaning to post more often, it just doesn't happen. I'm sorry about this long post.
Thursday: I was going to go shopping, but then I thought if I could push it off another week, maybe I could just do one big shopping trip a month. I did get a couple things in the mail.
Green crafting items swap:
 I really like that sea turtle die cut.
Stuff your backpack swap:
 Basically a destash swap. I was a little disappointed on this one. I've been partnered with this person before and she usually sends great stuff, but she sent at least half of these things in another destash swap.
Friday: I had a wish granted of tea in the mail:
 That eggnogg one sounds pretty good. Not sure about the rest of them.
Saturday: I decided I wasn't leaving the house. I got a few things ready to mail out.
Blue Happy Mail:
 I was so excited about this one, but I learned today after mailing it, this person left the group.
Surprise:
 And then the mail was delivered, and I had a parcel that was postage due. They had put one stamp and an extra ounce stamp on it. It was obviously a parcel, wasn't thin. I'm tired of people just slapping one stamp on something and expecting it to get to it's recipient, thinking they will pay the postage. The mailman seemed very surprised I wasn't going to pay for it. I pay to mail out things to people, why should I pay to receive my mail as well?
I did receive a mega sticker swap:
 10 new sticker packs
 10 loose pages of stickers and
 100 loose stickers.
I'm a little bothered on the planner stickers in the second picture, but I like the character on them.
I also got some narwhal sticky notes:
 this was a sticky note tag, no way am I parting with these.
I put together a few more things to mail out.
Flip book:
 a Coffee tag:
 I was really excited about this one as I seem to collect a lot of coffee ephemera (washi, stickers, wood pieces, basically anything to do with coffee other than the real thing). I'm a little worried about the swap, though. It was supposed to be partnered on Sept 30th, still haven't heard anything about it.
What begins with O mini pocket letters:
 I had this great idea of having the dictionary pages of octopus and owl as backgrounds, but then I found out the octopus stamp I thought I had was actually a jellyfish stamp and I had to improvise. I admit I didn't have any ideas other than owl and octopus, I came up with olive, Olaf and otter after looking through my stuff.
Sunday: I woke up at 6AM thinking I was hearing a mouse trying to claw or eat it's way into some plastic totes I have, so I cleaned out a corner where I thought it would be. I didn't find any indication a mouse had been in my room (though I know there's one in the ceiling) and realized I had way too much crafting stuff. I got rid of 4 pretty good sized boxes of it on my repurpose facebook group. That took much of the day. I also finished a book: Midnight in Chernobyl, it was a good book. My fitbit also told me I walked my 10,000 steps, that was a total lie, it was just me sorting.
Monday: was the warmest day of our week the high being 85 but feeling about 10 degrees warmer. Otherwise we're in the 60s and 70s. I won't complain as there are some states that are getting a bit of snow. I'll take cooler temps and rain over snow.
I got some die cuts in the mail:
 Love the Hello Kitty ones. Funny thing is the person sending to me sent two envelopes at the same time, I'm still waiting on the second one.
Also received a wish of Please Deliver to labels and tea:
 And a replacement scavenger hunt swap.
 I love how she wrapped everything and labeled it. My original partner never sent, so she got booted out of the group and I got a replacement
 Miniature: stickers, hard: letter opener, funny: plaque, flavored: Kool-Aid, triangular: Toblerone.
I'd never had a Toblerone before, I thought they were big hunks of nougat covered in chocolate. They aren't, they are dark chocolate with tiny pieces of nougat. Pretty good actually.
Also, a washi swap:
 And a wish of sticker flakes:
 I also found out I'd lost a few pounds when I weighed myself at work. I had been planning to stop at Burger King for lunch and the Asian food store for some goodies on my way home, but getting that good news made it so I didn't, also the fact that it was wicked warm out.
Tuesday: I set up my schedule to watch scary movies every day. After getting the few at Goodwill, I had to cut out my Resident Evil movies from the list. I started out with Wolf Creek.
I also received a Kawaii tag:
 This took a month and a week to get to me. I knew it was coming from the Netherlands, but it usually doesn't take that long. I feel letters and things mailed with one stamp are taking much longer than usual.
Wednesday: no mail, I feel that keeps happening every week.

No comments: