Thursday, October 03, 2019

Shopping trip

Thursday: I did go shopping. Thought I'd try to keep my big shopping trips to once a month, but with holiday season coming up, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that.
There were a few things I needed, and I got almost all of them. Shipping labels from Target and Dollar Tree, Razors, leggings and boots from Walmart, Toothpaste and body wash from Dollar Tree.
First stop was Target:
Squishies ($1.98 each) stickers ($4.99), activity book ($3), socks/leggings ($6), shipping labels ($1.99), wooden tag ($1), pumpkin ($1) and chocolate ($3).
I'm putting some Halloween goodie bags together for a few friends at work, so I picked up the squishies, to put in them. I had the Cartwheel for the Dove, figured I'd add them to the goodie bags as well. They are white chocolate caramel apple, they're ok, I wouldn't buy them again, though. I loved the pumpkin, because it's my color palette and it was a buck (and maybe because I didn't buy the skeleton one at TJ Maxx last week). I really loved the fall stickers, they were $1 more than I thought they'd be. I had picked up a pair of tights on clearance for $6, and then I found this leggings/socks combo pack for $6 on clearance, so I put the tights back. I'm not really sure why I picked up the leaf and the activity book. Total spent: $30.87
The stickers:
 I bought some last year, that were like chipboard, pretty thick. These are more of cardstock thickness, and I may have gotten them solely for the snail.
 Next up was Walmart:
 boots ($19.98), razors (3.74), bralette ($5), ghost ornament ($1.84), tights ($3.98), leggings ($5.94), chocolate ($2.78).
I needed the boots, I just pick up a new pair of these every year, though I probably would have been fine without them, the last time I decided that I couldn't find them when I realized I actually needed them, so. I needed the razors, and these are pretty good for the price. I picked up the bralette because I found it when I was looking for leggings and thought it'd be nice to try a different one. It's pretty comfy and if I didn't already have a ton, I'd go back and pick up the other color that was also on clearance. I just really liked the ghost. I needed leggings, though I could only find one small rack, there were a lot of Halloween ones, but I want ones I can wear out of the house. I've found now that it's a bit chillier, they are really comfy to wear under dresses. I've been wanting some other colored tights for awhile, Halloween is a good time to find interesting tights. I picked up the chocolate for my Halloween goody bags.
 mini ornaments (1.98), stickers ($0.98), tags ($1.48), owl ornaments ( both $1.98), hedgehog ornament ($1.98)
This was also part of the reason I wanted to go to south Walmart. North Walmart had a few Christmas things out last week, I wanted to see where this Walmart was. I didn't pick up much. I really just liked all of these. I totally picked up the mini owls because they're wearing glasses. And I just mentioned how I love collecting the coffee stuff. Total spent $57.20, most of that being the $30 on the clothing stuff.
I found it funny that it's October 3rd and Target didn't even have all of it's Halloween section filled and Walmart already has Christmas out. Granted it's a regular Target and a super Walmart (both the Walmarts), so there's a difference in space, but how do you not have all your Halloween stuff out yet?
Last stop was Dollar Tree:
 markers, tattoos, stickers, magnet, batteries.
These are beautiful markers, I picked the tattoos up for any upcoming kawaii tags, I never have anything, but I like the tag. This was going to be the one time I didn't get stickers at Dollar Tree, but then I found these, and I have been looking for them for years, so I got one of each sheet. The magnet is a squishy magnet, how do you pass that up? The other day my blu-ray remote was having an issue responding to me pushing the buttons, so I got batteries, I couldn't remember what size they were, though, so I got both.
 stickers, blind bags, washi, pens, sticky notes, tape, toothpaste, shipping labels.
Here's the last sheet of stickers. I think I was tired of not finding cheap blind bags, so I picked these up. I'm also trying not to pick up washi, but it's not working. I wanted to pick up some pens for my Halloween goody bags. The sticky notes are for my boss, she likes elephants and purple. There's the other batteries and the toothpaste and shipping labels.
 goody bags, goody boxes, a box for me, some party favors.
I wanted to put all the stuff I got in boxes for my friends, but then realized I had too much stuff, so I bought the boxes and the bags and some bouncy spiders and some cute tealights.
 food. It was 1pm by this time. I'll eat it all, it's not an issue, I don't it all at once. I did however pick of the Terra chips to eat when I got home, I figured they'd help with the sweat I lost on my walk.
Total spent $36.96.
My plan was to head to the Asian food store at the end of my trip, but I was tired and knew I had spent way too much money already. I headed home by way of Main Street and then decided to have some flowers delivered to the library next week for my 10 year anniversary (so I spent more money). I was ready for a nap when I got home, had two very full bags by then, and I found 3 packages waiting for me in the mail, plus something I had ret'd to the post office on Wednesday for a phantom roommate, that went in the garbage. Sometimes I can't tell if the items are important or not (sometimes it's obvious), if it's presorted postage (I think), it's usually junk mail, but not always.
First up, wish of tea:
 The ones in the top are mostly holiday stuff that doesn't sound interesting, I'll probably pass those on to someone else.
Pink crafting swap:
 She sent me a bunch of new stuff. I love it all.
And this guy (girl?):
 it's from my geeky facebook group. The one I made the book for. It's a cyclops-topus. I love it, it's soft and the legs have beans in them. I found the perfect space so I can see it whenever I'm on the couch (which is most of the time I'm home).
Here's my squishies that I was putting in the goodie bags. I picked them up cause I was hoping to get something creepy
 What I actually got:
 spaceship, mummy, pile of snot, and a pink turd. I was hoping to get the eyeball or the brain. I used the pink turd and the mummy, I kept the pile of snot for myself and I'll figure our something for the rocketship. The other two figures are the blind bags from Dollar Tree.
The other things I used for my goodie bags:
I basically put all the chocolate in the boxes, wrapped them up with ribbon, so they didn't pop open. I put them in the bags with the squishies, tea lights, skeletons and spiders. I stapled the bags shut and put some wands I got in a swap with some paperclips on the top.
I finally sat down to lunch about 4, totally skipped supper because I had lunch so late.

No comments: