Wednesday, October 16, 2019

critter paperclips

Friday: I still felt like crap, but not as bad as Thursday, I found some expired cold medicine in my cabinet and took some of that, not sure it really helped. I went to work, but was so tired I left early, but of course I couldn't sleep.
Saturday: I still felt crappy, but put together a few swaps. Perfectly purple:
 We're supposed to send 5 purple items. I chose a stationery set, some decorative tape, a card set, this pig suction cup thing I got in another swap (not entirely sure what it is), some stickers, a 'wish' decorative piece, a marker, and some My Little Pony toys. I couldn't decide what to send. Due to the fact that things weren't all purple (though I'm not sure it really matters), I added more and since the MLP toys weren't new, I put other things in there. I hope my partner likes it.
Secret Sister:
 The person I'm sending to said she liked stationery (kawaii and Minnie Mouse sets, also the W seals, her last name starts with a W), Christmas ornaments (the snowflake and snowman), nature (the tiny succulent plant), practical stuff (the bag, thank you cards, pot holder, fingernail clippers and the to go cup, which I stuffed with tea).
2 sticker sheets and 8 washi samples:
 I went with Halloween and fall themed sticker sheets, but basically just raided my washi samples and sent what I thought I wouldn't use.
Sunday: It was the first time I felt normal since I caught the cold. I had a work brunch, that was fun, I didn't really know what to expect. I did my laundry and then went to Red Lobster with my parents. On the way home, we stopped at a grocery store for milk and I saw their new candy aisle:
 I feel the need to go back there at some point and explore it more when it's closer to done.
Monday: It was 30 degrees when I left for work, the forecast was to be in the 50's when I went home, it was hard to figure out what coat to wear. I ended up wearing my leather with a hat and scarf, I was a bit chilly on my way in, but comfy when I left. I chose to head over to the Asian food store on my way home and ran into a friend I hadn't seen recently. We made plans to go to some church fairs on Friday.
What I picked up at the Asian food store:
 Green tea/red bean cakes, lychee Ramune, soybean milk, fruity gummy candy, some tea drinks, and some cake rolls? It's always kinda hit or miss everytime I go into one of these. I can't read Asian, I had the google translate app, but it didn't do well and drained my battery (though I bet it wouldn't on the new phone), so I got rid of it. I tried the cakes, they're good, usually I don't get red bean stuff because it's too sweet. I knew the gummy candy was good as well as the tea drinks. The soybean milk was ok, I don't think I've ever had it, it had a weird aftertaste. I spent about $25.
I also got some stuff ready to mail when I got home.
Fall happy mail:
 I may have gone a bit overboard, but I don't have a lot of fall stuff, so when I found it I stuffed it all in.
Destash:
 this was originally supposed to be for Alice in Wonderland stuff, but I misplaced the two items I had, so I went with destash instead.
Halloween happy mail:
 I was going to try and go flat, but then I found the witch squishy and the tiny skeleton, so I added a few more 3D items.
Wish for tea:
 Wish for project life cards:
 wish for rhinestone stickers:
 Wish for something mermaid:
 At this point I was tired and hadn't had lunch yet, so I stopped doing stuff. I watched my scary movie, Silence of the Lambs and went to bed. No mail, as it was Columbus Day. I hate no mail days, especially after only getting good mail last Monday.
Tuesday: I knew I had to do a bunch of making things. I didn't realize I had to do a couple swaps, so ended up making more than I planned. I thought I had more time.
Fall Critter paperclips:
 They turned out being mostly made from a chipboard set of stickers I bought at Target last year. I thought I had more fall critter things than I found I did. I also found some stickers (squirrels) and some felt (owl) and foam (turkey) pieces. The bat, owl and mouse at the top are for me. I always seem to make a few for myself when I make paperclips.
Halloween ATCs:
 My partner had messaged me asking if I was planning to send with one stamp or tracking. She mentioned something about was I planning to send a house, after we agreed on one stamp, I found this haunted house diecut, so thought I had to make an ATC with it.
ATC:
 I always just clean up the scraps on my desk when making these.
Halloween pocket letter:
 I like signing up to do the pocket letters and ATCs in my mailing groups because they are simple and easy. I like doing pocket letters but it seems my art groups don't do them as much anymore.
I found 4 items in my mailbox, I was hoping for more since we had two days of no mail before it.
Fall critter paperclips:
 I like how she did the banner style, I never think to do this style of paperclips.
Extras:
 some cute stuff.
What begins with O mini pocket letter:
 I hate that people do Christmas/winter things before November, I can handle it in November, I just don't want to think about it until then. I don't mind shopping before then, but I don't want to think about crafting things just yet.
Extras:
 Blue happy mail:
 Interesting selection.
Fall critter paperclips:
 This partner sent me a ton of stuff. I like it when people do this, depending on the swap I do, I included a few extra chipboard pieces with my paperclips, mostly because they were in a padded envelope and were a parcel, but to feel better about sending a parcel.
All the stuff in the bundle:
 The loaded envelope from the bottom right picture above:
 And the paperclips:
I like the red truck with the critters.
I don't know about anyone else, but I rarely use the paperclips people make for me.

No comments: