Thursday, October 10, 2019

Purple llama

Friday: just work, had to go in a bit early for a meeting, actually, Friday itself was all extra hours. I worked on Saturday, and if you do that, you get Friday off. It was easier for my boss to have me work Friday due to a late schedule change on Monday, so I did. I get extra hours, so it was all good. No mail.
Saturday: more work, I found a flip book when I got home:
 First flip:
 Second flip:
 All the goodies:
 Ok, it was really just a fancy way of folding a 12x12 piece of paper, not exactly a flip book. It rained like all day, except when this was delivered, but of course, the envelope was soaked. She had packaged it in a plastic bag, I'm glad she did.
Sunday: just did laundry, basically, and some reading. I did receive a package from Amazon:
 They are socks with guinea pigs on them, for a Send Me Something unique tag.
Monday: I went shopping at some local stores after work.
Found a cute hedgehog ornament:
 My friend at work also collects hedgehogs, neither of us will be paying $25 for this, though.
What I did pick up from that shop:
 I was looking for some purple stuff for a swap, and they have stuff in colors. When I was looking for orange, they pulled through for me. The "hope" is for me.
I realized a lot of places are not open on Mondays, I realize they are small businesses, but it's kinda disappointing. I found a bundle of mail waiting for me when I got home.
Hot air balloon card:
 I love the card, don't get me wrong, but she said she mailed it on September 30th. The rules said due to your partner on or before October 1st, the postage on it, said she mailed it on the 4th. Again, I'm frustrated with people who can't follow the rules.
Wish for tea:
 This one I had originally refused because the first time it was a parcel and she put on 2 stamps. The tea looks like fun flavors, plus she included some extra to make up for being late.
Die cuts:
 This was a second envelope that went with a different one I had received about a week ago, mailed at the same time. Love the Hello Kitty, Catbus and Haunted House die cuts.
What begins with O mini pocket letter:
 Very cute.
And my International Blessings box:
 I enjoyed this month much better than last month. The giraffe is a magnet, he immediately went on my fridge. I think the earrings and bracelet are more to my liking and I really like the notebook, though I'll probably gift it to someone.
I was telling my friend, this is just like getting a box of stuff from the store I shopped at above. When I was in there, I did see the exact lip balm I received in September's box, and I know they carry the elephant notebook. I'm excited to see what the next month's bring.
Tuesday: I had asked for some flowers to be delivered at work to celebrate my 10th anniversary of working.
 I asked they be delivered at 4, so they'd arrive before I did and everyone could see them delivered. They weren't delivered on time, so I called the place. Someone picked up by just saying Hello, I asked if it was the business and they said yes as they were talking to someone in the background. I stated I was supposed to have flowers delivered at such and such time and he replied that he was in a meeting and leaving soon. They showed up at 4:40, he didn't apologize, just gave them to me and left again. I know it was the owner that answered the phone and delivered the flowers. I won't be getting flowers from them again. I found it really rude and bad customer service. I was also going to shop at the place on Wednesday, but chose not to due to this interaction. I won't be shopping there for awhile, which is sad, cause they have good stuff and it's the holiday season, you need the business.
We ended up getting done at work about 10 minutes late due to a guy not leaving, I don't know the whole story.
Wednesday, I took a vacation day. I had plans to go to an art exhibit with my mom. I showed up on time, but ended up waiting a couple minutes for her. This seems to happen all the time, she doesn't show up on time, or isn't ready on time, I feel like she doesn't care about my time.
Here are some of my favorites:
 This one was done by Kathy Svec. She does a lot of little vignettes like this.
Next up was this lady that incorporated postage stamps with other images:


 These were done by Molly Ethridge.
And the last ones were collage pieces:
 Done by Deborah Des Moines.
It was fun to look at. My mom wanted to stroll along window shopping, but I had to go grocery shopping before my lunch plans. I didn't pick up any ice cream that I wanted to, or chocolate that I've been craving lately.
Found this little guy on the way to lunch:

 I moved him off the sidewalk and he spit on me.
My friend and I went to a local bakery for lunch. I tried something new and it wasn't that great. But hanging out with her was.
He was still hanging out when I went back home, this time he had changed to black and was hanging out with the grass.
I think I'm picking up a cold that all my co workers seem to have. Wednesday I woke up with a slight sore throat and runny and stuffy nose. I drank some lemon ginger tea, which tasted gross, but I heard ginger was supposed to help to keep you healthy. I picked up up some apple juice and V8 smoothie antioxidant stuff at the grocery store. I stayed up way too late Wednesday night and woke up about 8AM, it rained a bunch, and I can't sleep when it rains.
Thursday: I woke up with a headache, a stuffy nose, runny nose and watering eyes. I took some allergy medicine, just to help with the symptoms. And it totally did, it took a bunch of it away, still had a slight stuffy nose. I took a bunch of cat naps during the day.
I haven't gotten any good mail since Monday, but I also have cut back a ton on my tags. I've stopped doing ones just to get mail and am doing ones I want to do, but then I get annoyed because I'm not getting mail. I need to find a balance.

No comments: