1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?
I like the fireworks, their something we've always gone to. I remember going with my cousins when we were little kids. When I got together with my ex, I remember the first year we went to fireworks, they were in a close small town and we sat on the box in his truck bed, I remember it being hard and uncomfortable, but I loved it.
I don't recall us doing things on the 4th when I was a kid, we might have gone to see the parade and of course the fireworks, but we didn't really have special food or anything. Last year, my parents invited my dad's side of the family over to see the house one last time before they moved on July 4th, the year before, I worked.
This year, we're getting together at my uncle's house for food and fun.
2. What's something you recently got for free?
A blizzard from Dairy Queen on Sunday, shorts and a skort on Sunday. My birthday is tomorrow, so I'm hoping I get more free things.
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I've been to The Statue of Liberty (but not up in it), and I've been up in The Washington Monument. I liked the Washington Monument, there's so many other great historical things to see around it. I'd like to see the Liberty Bell, there's also so much great history in Philadelphia, I think it'd be a great place to explore.
I think my favorite is the Korean War Memorial, when we went to that one a few years ago, I could feel the soldiers, there was just something at that memorial.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
I admit, I don't pay that much attention to the news, it's mostly depressing, so I don't listen to/watch it. So, I guess I'm an ostrich.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
I'm gonna go for chocolate, it sounds better lately.
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?
Where the Stars and the Stripes and the Eagle Fly by Aaron Tippin.
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
Just two days
Until my birthday
No more waiting
Exciting things will happen
8. Insert your own random thought here.
If you can't tell, my birthday is in a few days. I'm excited, I'm going to breakfast with my friends and I got my birthday wish of getting my eyes checked and new glasses, so I'll be getting my eyes checked. I have to work that night (July 2nd), and I promised my co-workers I'd make lemon cheesecake, so I'll be doing that tomorrow (July 1st). Friday, my parents and I are going out to eat. I'm not sure if I'm getting more presents from them as they did buy me some clothes on Sunday and are paying for the eye exam and glasses.
I don't really have other plans.