1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something pink? I don't have anything I currently love that's pink, but I used to have this really nice ISU shirt, it was a little tight, but I wore it with one of my favorite high waisted skirts and it looked good.
2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least? I honestly don't remember loving much about gym class, I was never really good at anything we did. I do remember the days they would give us tests, like how many pull-ups could you do, and how long it took you to run a mile, and how many sit and reaches could you do, I really didn't like those days.
3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses? I don't have many memories about roses. We used to have these red ones at the end of our driveway and they always smelled like raspberries to me, which would bring back memories of the year we had raspberries in our garden and we made strawberry/raspberry jam.
4. Do you prefer to read or write? I work at a library, I love to read. I used to love reading when I was a kid, I really like The Boxcar Children, I recall we had tons of those when my parents were cleaning out last year. I also love(d), His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman, I remember when I learned about it, it was when they first came out so I had to wait for each subsequent one to be written, I didn't like waiting for those. I also love the Xanth series by Piers Anthony, we did get rid of all those when my parents cleaned out though, I just wasn't reading them anymore, so I didn't see the point of keeping them.
Sometime before college, maybe in high school, I stopped reading for fun, and then I went to college, where all it was was textbooks. After I got my current job at the library I rediscovered my love of reading, though it's mostly non-fiction now.
One of my co-workers commented the other day that she thought I was a teacher because I check out a lot of books. I thought to myself, it would be wrong to work at a library and not check out books.
I'm trying to get myself back into reading fiction. I've read a few zombie novels lately, I've also read Cujo and am in the middle of A Time to Kill.
5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.' Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer? I don't know if laziness is really respectable. I think maybe enjoying doing nothing is a good quality to have. I try not to be lazy, but it happens, like today, I sat down in front of my computer today, and before I knew it, it was 3:00, I don't know what happened to the day.
I also believe people have different definitions of laziness. My parents believe that if I'm reading, I am being lazy, I see it as my book's due soon, I need to get it read.
6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast...which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today? Maybe Disney World, I know my family went there when I was too small to remember it, I'd love to go and experience it some day.
A few years ago, I accompanied my dad on a trip to Florida (I have no idea where we actually went) for one of his public radio conferences, it was really nice. I remember people being really ok with my tattoos, so it must have been some time after getting my third one and getting sick of people (mostly my family) complaining about them. I also remember the hotel/resort we were at, had their own island that I took a boat ride out to at one point and the 'sand' was really just crumbled up sea shells. I also remember rescuing a sea cucumber that was stuck in the sand.
7. What question do you hate to answer? Anything about my job and what I'm doing with my life. My job just keeps rearranging so I can't have as many hours as I used to be able to. It's like the world's telling me to find a new job, but I don't know what I want to do with my life (never really have) and I hate looking for a new job. I really liked this job when I started, but over the years I've gotten less responsibilities and less hours.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow (Thursday) it's one week until my birthday. This weekend my mom and I are going on the Junkin N June again, I'm excited about that, though I'm really not allowed to spend money.
I don't think I'll get much or have anything happen for my birthday. I don't have anything planned to do with friends. I have to work that night, I guess I'm making cheesecake to take to work, but one of the things I love about my birthday (and other holidays) is getting presents. I'm not supposed to give presents for my birthday, people are supposed to give them to me, but as I get older and lose touch with friends, I get less.
I told my parents I wanted money, new clothes and a new DVD player. What I really want is money for an eye exam and new glasses, I know if I tell my parents this, they'll just start in on me needing to have a job that has benefits, etc.
Anyone wanna send me a card?