Monday, June 04, 2012

A few odds and ends

The other day, I posted about my recent trip to Decorah, IA, and put a link to my pictures from the trip. I realized that link leads you nowhere, I spent about an hour today trying to figure out why. It seems my name "WW" was not a correct name for Google's policy, so they suspended my account until I had a correct name. I changed it to my real name today, so hopefully it will be back up soon. I took down my post, and will put it up again without the link. So, for now, here's a few pictures (mostly of the really cool rock wall):
 In exactly 4 weeks from today it will be my 29th birthday, or as my cousin would say "my 1st 29th birthday". I have no idea what I'm doing, but as every year, I'm giddy about it, I'm guessing it won't be as exciting as I hope it will. Anyone have any thought as to what I should do on here for it? The last couple of years, I've done a giveaway. Last year, I had two entries, so I sent something to both of them.
 I haven't made anything artsy in a long time. I'm so metally exhausted after working at my job in the mornings, that all I want to do is lie on the couch and fall asleep in front of a movie. I am a bit bothered about only working 4-5 hours each day and then having to have a nap because I'm so tired, but I don't really have money to look into why this happens. One of my ideas is that I'm eating way too much processed foods, I haven't made myself food (other than throwing something in the microwave) in well over a month.
 Saturday, all my electronics decided to revolt against me. I went garage saleing, and as I usually do, I took my mp3 player with me. The last sale I went to, was half a block from my house, so after pausing my music to stop at the sale, I didn't try to play it again until I got home. It hasn't turned back on since. Now, music keeps me sane, if I can't listen to music, it's not a good thing. In March, my brother gave me his Microsoft Zune. He informed me, he hadn't plugged it in for a long time. I plugged it in a couple weeks later and it didn't respond, so I tossed it in a drawer and forgot about it, until Saturday. After my Gigabeat (which is probably about 6 years old, and another hand-me-down from my brother) died, I plugged it in again, and proceeded to ignore it.
 I pulled out my original gigabeat to see if I could do anything with that. This one I got when I graduated college in December of 2006, and then froze it a couple years later while shoveling snow (I learned then, that I don't get music for that chore). It hasn't kept a battery charge since, and it still doesn't. When I was getting extremely upset, I looked at the Zune and saw that it was charging (apparently it needs 30 minutes to wake up after a prolonged sleep), I learned it takes about 3 hours to charge. I started to download the software and everytime I got so far, my computer told me it needed to restart to complete updates. I finally got smart, and saved it to my computer and then ran it. It took me 3+ hours to download, install, and get all my music onto the Zune. Fast forward to that night, I was trying to use it and it died again. I plugged it into the wall for the night. After all that fun stuff, I wanted to complain on Facebook, which told me it couldn't update my status.
 Sunday morning I woke up refreshed and in a much better mood.
I would really love to do a swap of some kind, anyone wanna do a swap? Could be art, or even swapping stuff, I'm totally game. I miss swaps.
 My mother has signed us up to be on a garden tour in July, the other day she said it was too much work for her, and that I needed to help. It's coming along great, rest assured you guys will get to enjoy the garden tour as well.
 So, anyone know anything about rocks? Can anyone tell me anything about these? I know very little about rocks, not much more than I know what I like to look at.

And this picture is just really cool. I love this one, I think it would be a great postcard.

How's life in your lives?

1 comment:

*Goddess* said...

All this time, I never realized you were only two years younger than my daughter!