Sunday, February 17, 2008

The joys of living in Iowa

Here's a great big Fuck Off And Die to the company that decided they had to come by at 11:20 tonight and use their noisy snowblowers to clear off my neighbors sidewalks. Lucky for them I was still awake, because if they had woken me up, you can bet to hell I would have gone outside and yelled at them (like I did to my neighbor a few years ago, when he decided to shovel his sidewalk after 11pm, and I had to get up and go to class the next day). I get that they have to do this, but do they think about the other working people in the world that might have to get up and go to work the next day? I'd be rather amused to see what would happen if they woke up a cop that had to go to work at 7 am, (the cop would have to be up at least by 6am), that would be an interesting conversation to listen in on.

Yes, we got another big (more or less) snowstorm in Iowa today. I'd have to say I agree with the people interviewed on the news, I'm sick of it. I'm very ready for spring with melting temperatures and no more shoveling snow. I get the luxury of going out tomorrow morning and salting the sidewalks, because we received rain before the snow, so everything is coated in ice underneath the snow.

No comments: