Friday, August 14, 2020

Fun Day

I went shopping today, and spent way too much money, but I'm excited about everything I bought. There was an estate sale about 1.5 miles from my house. It was a lot. Tons of stuff. I always kinda laugh as they say please social distance, you can't social distance at garage/estate sales. And in this house, there was barely room to squeeze behind people.
teapot, top bluebird, jack o lantern/ghost, cat figurine, bottom bluebird, cat hanging, frog and cat note cards. I picked up the cat items for a friend. I also picked up the teapot for her, but it's so gorgeous, I'm not sure I can part with it:
I just realized those are hydrangeas. As I was taking the picture, I noticed a tiny chip on the bottom, if I'm keeping it for myself it doesn't really matter. It's just so beautiful.
I was on my way to see if another sale was open, it was listed on one of my groups, but someone had tried to go yesterday and it wasn't open. I believe this section of town doesn't have power yet, but I don't know. On my way there, I saw a sign for another one, realized it was on my way and decided to check it out. Turned out to be a ton of crafting stuff, I wanted way more than I picked up. There was a box full of paper pads, and one full of packs of paper they put together.

 two boxes, bag of washi, bunch of super hero die cuts, labels, pkg of bags, some 'ice cubes', bag of journaling cards.
The washi I liked:

I really only picked up the bag for that roll of camera washi.

envelopes, book of paper, Frozen coloring book, Care Bears folder, paper flowers, pkg of 20 sheets of paper, pkg of 100 sheets of paper.
I only bought the two pkgs of paper, the one with the jack o lanterns didn't say how much was in it, but as I have paid $1 for single sheets, I figure more than one would be worth $1, it ended up being a lot of Halloween paper, which is good because I signed up for a Halloween pocket letter swap. The other pkg was 100 sheets for $4, it had a lot of beachy and summer paper, which is also good because I have to make a beachy flip book. 
 When I got home, I found a few things in the mail. A theme free card:
I love it when people color things for me.
A secret sister package:
I had said I liked cute writing pens (squishy unicorn, cactus and llama, colorful circles), kawaii (coin purses, stickers, notebooks, sleep mask), craft kits (yarn frog), washi (llama washi), and guinea pigs (stuffed animal and stickers). I do love the narwhal as well. This is one of the best ones I've gotten. Sometimes people don't pay attention to what you list for favorites, those aren't the greatest boxes.
Close-up on the guinea pig stuff:
I took a quick shower, as I was so sweaty and had plans for a friend to go shopping in the afternoon. Our first stop was Five Below. I found these cute squishmallows, I really wanted to buy one, but I refrained:
What I did buy:
Bob Ross mints, My 5 surprise, Frozen blind bag, a couple Surprizeamals, Triple chocolate Twix, peanut butter twix, chocolate rocks, milk and dark chocolate covered Ghiradelli cashews, peanut butter snappers and some caramel creams. I picked up the mints for my brother, we both grew up on Bob Ross, but it's so fun to send stuff to him. I know the blind bags are a good deal compared to other places, I really shouldn't be buying more, though. I totally looked in the food section this time because I was with a friend who was driving, so I figured they wouldn't melt on the way home. Except it was warm and we went to 3 other places after this and it's busy due to ISU classes starting on Monday. My theory always is, put it in the refrigerator or freezer, it will solidify again and be fine. I picked up the caramel creams for a swap.
Next up was Walmart, that was wicked busy. I found this cool Mello Yello caravan set:
Way too cute. I didn't buy it. Maybe if I had a house to display all my stuff, I might.
What I did get:
They had a lot of good horror movies in their $5 bin, I shouldn't have picked them up, but I did. I was also thinking about getting Tomb Raider from the library again the other day. Picked up some wax melts for a swap. Had to get more tape. Also picked up the magnet for a swap.
I always feel like I need new bras, sadly I think I need a larger size, so will probably get another one soon. Another movie, another wax melt. How cute is that backpack charm? Also there was a really cute alien in the eraser set and you got the really cute container. Spent about $50 here.]
Next stop was Target. Found this cool looking giant squishmallow
I really wanted it, just not for $30 even on sale.
What I did get:
A bunch of blind bags, I really have to stop getting these. Gudetama, 3 Hatchimals and a Little Live. Spent about $20 here.
Last stop was Dollar Tree:
toothpaste, Biscolata, planner stickers, highlighters, journaling cards, lots of pens, Zoobaloos blind bags, some AAA batteries, dragonflies, battery powered candles and some mango juice. 
I needed toothpaste. These Biscolata are like Hello Panda but have much more chocolate in them. I love the front stickers on the planner stickers, one has pandas, the other cacti. When I looked at the back to see the other planner stickers, they are not that great. I like these highlighters. I couldn't pass up the journaling cards, I like using them for notes and in flip books. The pom pom pens have little clear shakers on top of them. I wonder if I could take off the shakers and just have pom pom pens. I also really liked the squishy donut pen. I have decided I can buy blind bags at Dollar Tree and as many as I want. I found out my few things that run on batteries take AAA, so if I need them again, I wanted to have batteries. I seem to have a lot of AA batteries. The dragonflies are for a swap. The mango juice just sounded good. Spent about $20 there.
It was a great day, I spent way too much money, but I know a lot of it will be used and I had a great time.

No comments: