Monday, August 24, 2020

Christmas shopping

August 20: I received a flat swap in the mail:
We were to send 5 flat items to our partner. I really liked the sign, unfortunately my partner stuck the envelope to it, so it ripped when I opened the envelope. 
August 21: I went to Hobby Lobby, I heard the Christmas stuff was already marked down 40% off. My store didn't even have everything out. I was hoping to go once it was on sale and not go back for the rest of the season, we'll see how that goes.
I felt this sign was so true:

I've been seeing people making those braided rainbows, and I saw this form for $5 and wanted to share it with people. The forms I've seen others using are wicked expensive.
And here's what I picked up:
Camper stickers, a Prima paper pad, sticker book, countdown clothespins, snowglobe stickers.
Close-ups of what's in the sticker book:

The epoxy snow globe stickers
The paper snow globe stickers:
I was really debating between the epoxy snow globes and the paper ones. I really liked both. I should have checked what I have, apparently I picked up the epoxy ones last year. Also the epoxy ones are 50 cents more.
And the camper stickers, they are puffy:
And the ornaments:
set of mini gnomes, Santa making a sand angel, sloth, shuffleboard, dinosaurs, more gnomes, yeti, white Christmas tree, a nurse ornament.
I really wanted the yeti and the dinosaurs, I've really been sucked into the gnomes and yetis. I have some from last year, but I totally see myself decorating with those this year.
Found a vacation mini pocket letter and vintage twinchies when I got home:

My partner got confused and sent the vintage twinchies thinking we were paired up for it. They were a nice bonus.
A wish for tea
I also created some fairy bookmarks:
August 22: was an extremely lazy day. I didn't get dressed or go out of the house except to get my mail which had a Send Me Something yummy waiting for me.
And then I devoured it. It's a pretty big hunk, I shouldn't have done that. 
August 23: I put together a bunch of wishes:

One for a car air freshener, I got this in the flat swap, but I'll never use it.
I finished a beachy themed flip book:
three wishes for happy mail:
I tried putting about the same thing in all of them.
sticker sheets, memo sheets, a postcard, washi samples
And I created a couple altered canvases. This was the second one, I added some red gems to the spots on the fish's forehead.
This was the original, but I fell in love with it and couldn't pass it on.

It was a productive weekend.

No comments: