Monday, November 25, 2019

Grinch

Friday: I got lost in the world of YouTube.
I received a Thirsty Thursday: 2 teas:
 these sound pretty good.
Christmas card:
 very cute.
And a surprise from my penpal:
 It's been awhile since we wrote. She said she had seen something that reminded her of me and sent it along. I started a letter back to her that day.
I made a Christmas ATC:
 Put together a destash tag:
 That night I went to supper with my parents. I think they've finally learned to not talk about things I don't want to talk about, our meals out are much more bearable. I wasn't impressed with the place we went to. Nothing that good, I got a burger, which was ok. My dad asked where I would go for a good burger, I said Burger King, Texas Roadhouse and B-Bops are good, too.
Saturday: I had to work. We have a weird middle shift 11-4, that I hate, I was scheduled for it this time, I wasn't pleased, but I'll work it. We weren't that busy.
Found a "Christmas" happy mail:
 Obviously not Christmas themed, she's required to resend.
I had to go to Hobby Lobby on my way home for a new glue gun. Mine was second hand when I got it, long time ago, I don't know when, but I feel like it was a long time ago. A few weeks ago it was taking forever to warm up and then last week it warmed up very quickly, smelled very warm (like it was sitting on plastic and melting it, it sits on a metal lid) and then very warm, I could see the glue steaming, when I was using it.
I picked up another mini one, I picked up a high temp, not sure why, I just didn't know what to get, and some glue sticks. And that's all I bought, it's totally possible to go to Hobby Lobby and only buy what you need. They were wicked busy, it seemed like every register was busy. I headed over to HyVee afterwards. I picked up a bag of chips, some zit cream and a chicken dinner meal. I wanted fried chicken, but what they had in the case didn't look that good. I got some seasoned chicken, green bean casserole and some cheesy potatoes, none of it was very good.
Sunday: I planned to read my book that's due next Saturday and is requested and is almost 800 pages. I got a bit through it, but it's not a book I can just sit down and read all day. It's good, just not page turning.
I put together a few things when I got tired of reading.
A Winner Takes All: happy mail;
 A stocking stuffer tag:
 I couldn't figure out what to do for this. I didn't know if it was supposed to be wrapped or Christmas, but I went with this notebook, unwrapped, in theory it's one stamp.
ATC:
 I always just clean off my desk with ATCs.
Christmas pocket letter.
this might end up being one stamp as well.
 Monday: I was only scheduled for 3 hours at work. My work week's messed up because of Thanksgiving. It went by pretty quickly. I mailed my 12 Days of Christmas swap on my way home. I had it all packaged up and was tired of tripping over the box, so I figured why not.
I had a Christmas ornament swap waiting for me:
 I was going to wait to open them, I'm going to *try* waiting on anything that's wrapped. But it wasn't supposed to be a wrapped swap, so I didn't.
 I like the porcelain ones, the jar, and the wreath. I actually wanted this jar one when I saw someone pick it up at Target. I'm surprised the porcelain ones and the jar arrived in tact.
Homemade;
 not impressed.
Christmas Snowflake Ornament swap:
 I love what she sent, but again, there was no note. again I ask why is it so hard to include a note? I know everyone has scraps of paper, you could just write on the back of one of those.
I signed up for a Wrapped Christmas Gifts swag, which is a combination of a swap and a tag, we tag people, but then it's a bit more than a tag and less than a swap. I ended up sending the star ornament from above, the lip balm I got in one of my International Blessings boxes and a pair of socks. I just reused the paper that the ornaments were wrapped in.
Favorites tag;
She likes Christmas stuff, so I put the Christmas towel from a Christmas happy mail from another group and an oven mitt I picked up this summer.

No comments: