Thursday, March 28, 2019

Minion magnet

March 21, apparently the mail was delivered very late this day, it was not there when I got home from my shopping day, but I found it the next morning when I headed out, and it was way too early for the mail to have been delivered.
I found a kindness Day tag:
 In this tag, the poster choses someone for someone else to send something to. So, someone asked for someone else to send me washi. These came from Ali or Wish, so they took about a month to get here. They're pretty cute, that top one on the left has jellyfish, the bottom one is really thick with stingrays, I'm not sure what the top one on the other side is, the middle one has planets and seahorses (weird combination), the last one has bubbles and raindrops.
My first stop, was a local drugstore/grocery store. 
 I specifically went here for the chai, cause it's orange (not when you make it, but the package is), I had to pick up some batteries for my smoke detector, and I figured while I was there I'd look around and see if they had other orange things. Found the tongs, and a citrus peeler, my partner said she liked cooking. I found the bracelets, they came in a set of orange and black (the high school colors here) and I just wanted the Reese's egg. Spent $14.
My next stop was a British foods store that I've been trying to go to but has been closed lately:
The Kinder eggs were 75 cents each, I know the Bueno is good, and I didn't feel like charging that little on my card so I picked up the chocolate mix for $7. Spent about $12.
Last stop was a local fair trade store:
Apparently I should just start there next time I need colors. First thing I saw was the joy nut, and then the scarf and then the llama and then the bag. Spent $18.
Found more mail when I got home.
A wish of sticker flakes:
 A wish of tea:
 And a wish for something minion:
 I minions would always make me happy, apparently not when you send me stickers. It might also be because I have a ton of stickers.
March 23rd, got a wish again for sticker flakes:
 March 24th, put together my orange swap:
 Figured I better send the stuff I got at my local downtown, they were more unique and mostly orange. Other than the stuff I showed above, I also included some orange eggs from Hobby Lobby and some orange wrapped candies from that chocolate mix.
Also, put together something touristy:
 Thought this map I picked up in St. Louis last year was pretty cute and some post cards from there as well.
Made a card for a swap using scraps to create a card sketch:
 Also put together a happy mail tag:
 Monday, one of the buildings across from the library was coming down, I stopped and watched it for awhile after work:
 Found a mermaid tag:
 I wish people wouldn't just send stickers and washi, I want something different.
A rainbow tag:
 Again with the stickers thing.
A National Old stuff day tag:
 Not very excited about this either, I like the card inside more.
Wish of tea:
 Wish of tea:
 I have a lot of different kinds now, I stopped wishing for tea a couple weeks ago. I'll start in a month or so when I run out again.
March 28th:
Put together a surprise tag:
 And had an interesting interaction with a bunny rabbit on the way to work:
 This little guy let me walk right up to him. Thought it was weird, so when he ran in circles when I finally got him to run away, called animal control, had to leave a message. While waiting to hear back, he tried to jump on a wall and ran right into it. A guy stopped his car because he was watching me with the rabbit and while we tried to keep it out of the street it unfortunately got past us and a car ran over it's leg. Everyone else was stopping except for this ass who stepped on the gas and ran over it. Sadly, it did not kill it, only broke one of it's back legs so badly it was dangling off. The other guy called animal control again and got through to a person, and they made their way to us. Unfortunately animal control is pretty far south and we're in the middle of town and the bunny keeps running around freaking out everytime a car comes close to it. We finally got it corralled by a door to a church when the animal control officer showed up, pretty sure they had to put it to sleep.
Found this in the mail:
 The return of the scraps card.
March 28th, made an Easter pocket letter:
 put together a scavenger hunt swap.
 This is for a different group than the other scavenger hunt swaps and though I kept telling myself I shouldn't do another one, I'm giving this group a try. We were supposed to have something shiny (gem stickers), something round (squishy keychain), something flat (bird picture), something furry (purple keychain) and something green (the buttons, though I may change them out after I get my green swap).
Received some spring die cuts:
 I love these. I like that they are different and from store bought packs instead of ones you do yourself.
And also this guy:
Not sure what it was for, but it's a minion, I love it. It's the first minion magnet I've gotten.

No comments: