Thursday, March 07, 2019

Tater tots

Sunday: I got a few things ready to mail.
National Old Stuff Day:
 Anything that's old, so I went with some vintage book pages, vintage cards and I included a vintage flower pin.
Wish for metal dies:
 Since people just keep sending them to me, I keep having to get rid of them.
Use what you get:
 We have to send a die cut to a partner and then use the die cut we receive to make a card.
wish for sticker destash:
 washi swap:
 Got my laundry done before work. Due to it being Sunday and book sale day, we were busy. I kinda felt like no one listened to me at work. Not my co-workers at least, I just might know something that would help in some situations, that was frustrating. When I got home, my door wouldn't let me in, the locks in this place have a tendency to hate me. I should have read some books when I got home, but I slacked off and watched TV.
I have this furry friend (most likely a rabbit), that keeps digging at my bedroom window. Friday and Saturday it was 5:30 in the morning, Sunday night it was 10-11 at night. I realize it's cold out and this window needs to be replaced (it frosts up on the inside, so probably leeks warm air out), but I need to sleep.
Monday: got to work to find out we somehow blew a fuse in a wall where a lot of things are plugged in. No one really knows how this happened. Found some mail when I got home.
owls tag:
 How cute are those stickers?
SMS Unique:
 this is blooming tea, you put it in your teapot and it 'blooms' when it has bloomed it's ready to drink. While I agree, it's certainly unique, it's not something I will use.
Surprise:
I hate getting face masks. I usually collect all the self-care stuff I get and post it in my reuse site to get rid of it.
Tuesday: I made myself get everything ready to mail. Finished a St. Patrick's Day Loaded Envelope:
 I'm not exactly sure why I signed up for this swap. I'm not particularly good at making loaded envelopes and I don't have a ton of St. Patrick's Day things. I think it turned out pretty well, I hope my partner likes it.
I put together a craft supply swap:
 We were supposed to send our partners stuff they could use in their crafts. my partner said she liked making ATCs, cards and mixed media. I figured the tissue paper, Angelina fibers, the felt banner and the piece in the top left (something that can be altered) would work for mixed media. The rest are some Graphic 45 sports pieces, rub ons, adhesive gems, sequins, and double stick tape.
I also made some cute St. Patrick's Day pom pom guys:
 These are actually from a kit from Hobby Lobby. The weird thing is the hats and the shoes were stickers. You're only gluing the bottom of the hats to the pom poms, and the shoes are glued on top. I guess the shoes would kind of make sense, because back in the day, there were these pom pom guys with sticky feet that were promotional figures.
I put together a wish of homemade envelopes:
 I don't use these, but people keep sending them to me. When I got them packaged up I realized they would be a parcel, so I included SMS unicorn: a unicorn coin purse and some chocolate.
Found some mail on my way in to work.
Hearts tag:
I really like the memo paper, the stickers at the top and the washi. I was also surprised she got it through the mail with pen in it. It had the extra ounce stamp, but they still go as regular letters.
wish of tea:
 I'm always wanting to try new tea.
Wish of SMS unique:
 I find those food stickers definitely unique, the others are old nail stickers. I opened the package and they kinda disintegrated.
Use what you get swap:
 We had to send our partner a die cut and our partner is to make a card with it. My partner said she bought this die cut, it's so cute I don't want to use it.
Wednesday: Found some mail when I got home.
Secret Sister package:
 There's a whole story behind this package. So, this was my February Secret Sister package. My partner sent it Feb 18th. She posted she was my secret sister on the reveal post at the end of February and I informed her I hadn't received it yet. When she looked up tracking it said information coming.
She finally checked with her post office on the 5th and they said information was coming, and she asked to have her phone number notified when they tried to deliver it. They apparently re scanned it the next day and she finds it's in a town about an hour away from here, so she calls them and they forward it here.
I just looked up the tracking and I don't get her story. I looked at the mailing label the PO put on it and somehow it got in the system wrong, it has a variation of my address in this other town, so it got sent to where it was supposed to according to tracking. The tracking history says they tried to deliver it on 2/21 but couldn't find a good place to leave it and it was sitting at this other town's po until she asked about it. I posted on the page about it and she got mad at the post office, when you look at the tracking and the postage printed off at the po, it's partially her fault. I didn't realize mailing things was so hard.
It's an ok package. That mini backpack is filled with 'jelly' which is actually the Asian version of jello, there's a package of a chipboard alphabet, a package of 'hamburger' cookies, a stamp set and then I just found a mermaid tail pen in the envelope when I picked it up to check tracking.
Here's the card I made with the die cut I got on Tuesday:
 My partner had also sent this embossed paper, so I used it as a background, centered the die cut on some foam tape. Added the Happy Easter sticker, some pink gems and some egg washi to the side. I like how it turned out.
Thursday: I went to lunch with a friend, I was kinda hoping we'd have more time to do other things. A meal is never enough time to hang out with my friends. We did get to have a quick stop at Goodwill. How cute are these figurines?
 I didn't buy anything and then she had to run off to a meeting. Found some mail when I got home,
wish of something hedgehog:
 It's a cute little patch.
Wish for tea:
 Wish for tea:
 And then this great package from my penpal.
 She knows I love minions. She had messaged me shortly before sending it to say she'd found these figures and thought they were minions, but when she looked at them closer found they were tater tots dressed up as something. I told her to go ahead and send them to me. For some reason I was thinking they were pictures or stickers, so I couldn't figure out why the package was so bulky. I opened it and was tickled pink when I realized one of them was Wonder Woman, one was Clark Kent and I thought another one was Thor (it's actually Hawk girl). They are dressed up as figures from the Justice League. I think they're wicked cute. I'm not THAT into Justice League, but I do like Wonder Woman and Superman. Best thing in the mail this week.
The forecast was for snow today, an inch or less, pretty sure we had more than an inch before I left for lunch. After getting home from lunch, I decided I wasn't leaving the house until I had to work on Saturday, plus I have all these books checked out that I need to start reading:
That's 37 books. I have been just renewing my stuff lately and not reading. I totally ignored the world this morning to finish a book and again rediscovered how calming reading is. I feel I re learn this every time I sit down to read lately. I really haven't had a day to myself since Feb 17th. The 18th-20th was work, I went to a friend's retirement party on the 21st, the 22nd was the library, the 23rd-25th was work at Hilton. The 24th we had that wicked blizzard and of course temperatures have been in the single digits with double negative digits for windchills. The 25th-27th was the library. The 28th and 29th I had to hang out with my parents, which is an ordeal in itself. The 1st-6th was the library. Today was my first day to myself, went to lunch with my friend and tomorrow I know I'll get bored with my reading. It happens every time.
I'm trying to reel myself back from joining too many swaps and tags, but it may not happen. I did feel very accomplished being caught up on mailing stuff yesterday.

No comments: