Thursday, March 21, 2019

Orange things are hard to find.

Sunday: I got bored. I had done my laundry on Saturday to help my roommate out, so I didn't even have that to do. I put together a Grant a wish tag: of Reese's Eggs:
 I know there was a lot of watching YouTube and I tried to read some of my books because I have a lot out, but I was just bored. I tried making stuff and made a junk journal/birthday card for a friend:
 And I put together a St. Patrick's Day tag:
 We just had to send something green, so I chose this magnet.
Monday: I received a butterfly swap:
 We had to send each other 10 butterfly die cuts, though I feel most of these are punches not die cuts.
Also received my secret sister package:
 I totally needed foam tape and decorative duck tape. I already ate the Kit Kats and used some of the washi, which was from the dollar tree. I didn't realize they sold tiny tubes of washi at the Dollar Tree, wish mine did.
The rest of the package:
 These are the items I probably won't use. I may use the gel pens at the top. I won't use the rest.
Tuesday: got a birthday package for a friend put together:
 A few goodies from the Asian food store, a bird ornament and a tiny stuffed animal I thought kinda looked like a Pokemon character. It doesn't look like it's that much, but it weighed 10 oz, I think it's the metal bird.
A mermaid tag:
 A rainbow tag:
 After putting together the Reece's eggs, I thought they'd be kinda heavy, so I went to plan B for the Grant a wish tag, my person had also wished for a pocket letter and something Lisa Frank, so I made a Lisa Frank pocket letter.
 And then I was so excited that I had it so flat and could send it as a letter, looked to see who I was sending it to and found out it was the same person I was sending the rainbow tag to. So, I kept the pocket letter and just slipped some Reece's eggs in the package. I just go down my list when I'm doing these, I don't notice ahead of time, who I'm sending to.
Wednesday: wasn't anything special, work, post office, grocery store, sat on my butt the rest of the day.
Thursday: I had to go to Walmart for some tape, and Target for some leggings, thought I'd also hit Dollar Tree to see if they had something interesting in the color orange. I signed up for a color swap where we send a bunch of stuff in our partner's favorite color, my partner's is orange. It's not an easy color to fine.
Target:
 Shorts ($8), leggings ($18), Tsum Tsum blind bags ($1.49 each), Reese's carrot ($1), Hi-chew strawberry ($1.49), towel ($1).
So, the bulk of my money there was the shorts and leggings. I bought the shorts to wear under my skirts in the summer, so my legs don't rub together. I have some Monistat chafing cream, but apparently I don't know how to put it on because it doesn't seem to work, so I'm going back to shorts. Sadly, these didn't cover the annoying parts of my inner thighs that rub together. The leggings were too small, so I have to take them both back. I won't be doing it soon, it's not like it's a long walk down there (it's about a mile away), but I'm just not interested in going back so soon. I figure I'll exchange the leggings for a bigger size and I don't know what I'll do about the shorts, I really do need them for under my skirts. I couldn't pass up the blind bags again. Last time I got two sets of a large Snow White and a small Dopey and a large Mufasa and small Simba. Today, I got Jack Skellington and Sally both large, and Donald and Mickey both large and then a Crush and mini George on a wave and Mike and a Monsters University M. The Reese's carrot and the towel are for the swap. I hadn't seen the Hi-chews in strawberry, plus they were on sale.
Walmart: found a few cute things that I didn't buy. Like this wicked cute stuffed sheep:
 I was pretty close to buying it, it was only $3.
And this weird looking T-shirt:
 I was tempted, cause it's so strange, but I didn't.
And how cute are these Minnie ears?
 I almost bought them for one of my groups, but they aren't put together real well.
My purchases:
 Mario egg ($1), razors ($4), tape ($6 each), socks ($1), minion marshmallow ($1), Reese's snacks ($2).
The double stick tape and razors were the whole reason I had to go. I have been so seldom shopping at Walmart lately, that I've almost run out of tape. I wish there was a place I could get it cheaply and would just send me more on a regular basis. Also, when I got home and went to put the razors away, I found I still had one left. Oh well. Totally had to get the Mario egg and the Minion marshmallow for my Easter basket. The socks were pretty cheap and I thought they'd look cute under a green skirt I have.
Dollar Tree:
 All the stickers. Apparently I felt I didn't get enough the last time I was there, so I got more. It started with the googly eyed ones, there's a s'mores in there, and then I saw the flowers ones and knew I didn't have those. Thought I didn't have the spring ones, but when I went to put them away, saw I already had two. Picked up the Tsum Tsum ones for a friend, and the rest were just cute. As I was putting them away in my box of unopened stickers (I might have a slight problem), I realize it was wicked full, not sure I can fit more in it. Also, picked up the cards because I like to send some of my smaller tags/swaps in an envelope, but not by themselves.
 So, apparently the 'snack zone' is a new thing. They were stocking it on Saturday, so I picked up some good looking stuff. I had picked up a vanilla and a chocolate filled croissant on Saturday and they were good, so I picked up the strawberry and cream cheese. The pound cakes and bear claws and danish looked good the other day as well. The cornbread crisps, stroopwafels and white Twix were just different. Picked up the Whitman's bar for my Easter basket. I had seen someone mention the birthday cake 3 Musketeers and though I'd try them, not a big fan of them. I now have a snack drawer instead of a chocolate drawer.
 I gave in to the cute bunny for my Easter basket. The glow sticks, twine and squishy cat for the swap. I wanted to find some cooking baking things in orange because my partner likes cooking/baking, but they were all red.
Put together a springy tag:
These are from a swap, I thought windchimes were pretty springy.
So after not finding a lot of orange stuff, figured I'd go to some stores in our downtown tomorrow and see if I couldn't find more, plus it will be something different, not stuff you can get in the big box stores. If not, I'll go to Hobby Lobby. I'm just not drawn to orange, and even when I was looking for it, it was really hard to find.

No comments: