Saturday, March 02, 2019

Minions

Thursday: I had an appointment with my parents to set up a retirement account, sadly the place we went was having computer issues, so it didn't work out very well. We went to a restaurant close by for lunch. I had a salmon wrap with soup. We learned as we were paying for the bill that you should always review your bill. I kinda already know that, something usually rings up wrong. I had gotten their lunch special of half a wrap and a cup of soup and then they charged me extra for the soup. We were supposed to go to Dollar Tree because I need to pick up some stuff, but that ended up not happening since we knew we had to go back on Friday when computers were working. I basically watched movies for the rest of the day.
I found some mail later, flat happy mail:
 pretty cute. The person who was sending to me I find always sends something good.
Friday: Went back to the place and got my retirement thing set up, and then my mother forgot we were going to Dollar Tree, so I didn't mention it. My boss had texted Thursday night asking if I could come to a meeting on Friday, so I went to that and then decided to shop a bit in our downtown area. I was commenting on Thursday about businesses with ice on sidewalks and my mom had said that a lot of businesses had ice because of the weather. I realize it was in the 20's on Friday, but a lot of their sidewalks were dry, meaning they didn't have any on Thursday. Anywho, I was commenting how people weren't clearing their sidewalks. I'm so tired of it taking me twice as long to get anywhere, because people don't clear their sidewalks. I realize it's cold and won't be melting any time soon, but I've also seen instances where people have used ice melt and cleared off their sidewalks, or use ice scrapers to clear off sidewalks. It's almost been a week since we got this ice, there is no excuse to not have things cleared off. The grocery store I go to, I have to complain all the time and ask them to clear off their north and west sidewalks because they are mostly ice covered. I feel I do this every year.
Anywho, went into quite a few stores and didn't find anything I wanted, and then I went into HyVee Drug and I was looking around, found a few Easter things and then saw they had a bunch of Surpriseimals blind bags left over from Valentine's Day, so I bought them all:
 And some chocolate, some chai mix and some airheads.
I really like these blind bags (I like blind bags in general), these are tiny stuffed animals, plus I can still send them in my mail groups if I don't like them. The Snickers looked good, they weren't really that interesting. I needed more chai mix, I try to alternate between this one (the green tea) and the regular one. I'm always afraid if I drink too much, I'll get tired of the taste. I picked up the airheads cause they sounded good. I didn't realize they were sour until I got home. Found a few things in the mail when I got home.
This and that swap:
 Basically we had a list of stuff to pick from and sent what we wanted.
Destash tag:
 This was sent in a small priority mail flat rate box. I would have packed a lot more in it if I was sending it. I feel it could have been sent in a bubble envelope for less money. I'm not sure if I'll use any of this.
Craft supply swap:
 Basically our partner tells us what kinds of crafts they are into and they send us supplies to coordinate with them. I said I did paper crafting and hand sewing.
What's in the pack on the left:
 Aren't they pretty? I'm not sure I'll be able to open it and use them.
This is the item on the top, it's a sewing kit:
 Also, really cool, though I don't know if I'll actually use it. I shouldn't have said I was in to sewing, because my hand cramps up when I sew. I guess I was kinda hoping for decorative buttons. Oh well, my partner went overboard for me.
Saturday: I had to open at the library. It was kinda weird, our system went down. The public side was down for about an hour (the first hour we were open) and then our IT guy re-started it and that took about 10 minutes where we couldn't do anything. We also have our big book sale going on this weekend, so we're busy because of that. I love that we were busy, though. I hate when we're slow and I'm looking for things to do.
Due to the fact I didn't get to go Dollar Tree, I went up to Walmart and the mall to check out TJ Maxx.
Saw this display of clear bags:
 Thought it was pretty cool that there were so many styles. I wish I could show this to every person that doesn't bring a clear bag to my other job and just whines about it. Totally didn't notice that bra in the top right corner until I was editing the picture.
 bubble envelopes ($6), pipe cleaners ($1), paper shred ($2), packing tape ($9), double stick tape ($6).
I really needed tape, that's what spurned me to go to Walmart. I try to pick up a pack of the double stick tape every time I go to Walmart, but I was down to one pack and 3 rolls. I hadn't been shopping since the 3rd of February. I also needed some bubble envelopes, I try really hard not to buy envelopes, but people are not sending me stuff in this size of envelopes lately. Figured I'd pick up the clear tape because I haven't seen duct tape marked down anywhere lately, and the Dollar Tree tape rips really easily. That tape was the most expensive thing I picked up, I wonder how long it will last.
The green pipe cleaners and the paper shred are for a St. Patrick's Day swap.
 unicorn pouch ($1), Easter decoration ($2), Ritter chocolates ($5), Tim Tam cookies ($3), Pac Man blind bags ($3), Oreo bar ($2), peanut butter rabbit ($2), lemon rabbit ($2), and the black leggings I was wearing at that moment ($3).
I couldn't pass up that pouch for a buck, it was probably about $10 originally, thought I could use it in one of my groups, thought I could use the Easter decoration, too. I picked up the Ritter chocolates, because I hadn't seen them before, as well as the double chocolate Oreo bar. I picked up the Tim Tams because they are $3 something at Target. I couldn't pass up the Pac Man blind bags. The bunnies are for me. I spent about $60.
Stopped at the grocery store on the way home for milk and cereal, picked up a Mountain Dew, some peanut butter and some Chex mix. I made 10,000 steps while I was at the grocery store, and noticed the obnoxiously salted sidewalks when I left, I feel there will not be any ice on those for the rest of the season. I'm tempted to steal some of the extra salt and throw it on a couple of my neighbor's sidewalks. I ended up walking in the street to avoid some on my way home. And there was fun mail when I got home.
Grant a wish:
 I had asked for something minion. I don't even care that they are Christmas ornaments they are minions and you can't go wrong with those.
A RAK:
There was some miscommunication on what was to be sent for one of my swaps, so this was sort of a replacement.
I was so tired by the time I got home, that I just sat on my butt for the rest of the day.
I'm trying to be better and eat healthier, so I bought a bunch of salads the other day when I went grocery shopping. I've had one at least once a day since Wednesday. I'm kinda tired of salads. As you can read above, it's not like I'm going all healthy, but I thought if I substituted my normal mostly high in sodium frozen dinners with salads and vegetable mixes, it might help. The salads I pick up are personal size, so I know all the portions are for one person, normally they are $4, but when I pick them up they are close to their sell by date, so they have stickers that say $2 off. Of course on Wednesday when I was shopping, I picked up all those, and then just kept counting for how many I'd need for the week, and didn't notice that I had picked up regular priced ones. I will pay more attention next week. I have already eaten all the ones on sale, and am hoping the rest I have in my fridge won't go bad before I get to them. Also, if the weather ever gets nice again (I'm impatient) I'll be out walking more. I realize I went to less garage sales last summer, that will change this summer. I think it was because I was trying not to buy stuff, but it's better for me to go to garage sales because I get more exercise and even buying things at sales is cheaper than going shopping to Target and Walmart and Hobby Lobby. I'm tired of being over a certain weight,  so I need to try harder.

No comments: