Wednesday, January 16, 2019

It's Do Nothing Day!!!

It's time for the Wednesday Medley, head on over to Terri's blog at Your Friend from Florida, to see what other people answered.
I totally meant to do this this morning. But I've had a long week. I've already worked 27 hours this week. I'm getting too old for these long days and working so many jobs. 

Wednesday, January 16th, is National Do Nothing Day!! National Nothing Day was proposed in 1972 by columnist Harold Pullman Coffin. This day has been observed annually since 1973. Of course, the way to celebrate it is to do nothing! 
1.  To commemorate Do Nothing Day in SOME way, tell us something about your life (or the life of someone close to you) in 1973!! Sorry, before my time. But, my parents say they were married 10 years before I was born, so that would be about 1973.

2.  Now that we are thinking back, please tell us what your favorite past time was as a child. Sitting on the roof of our porch and reading. I always thought it looked dangerous. It wasn't because the roof isn't very sloped, but it was fun.

3.  What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day? Music. Or just a really good book. Or chocolate.

4.  How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date? 23, I didn't date as a kid. I think my ex came over and saw my apartment. I'm not really sure.

5.  Today is also National Fig Newton day.  Do you like figs/Fig Newtons? I do not like figs. I liked the ones that had other fruits in them, just not figs.

6.  Tell us something random about your week. Like I said above. I've already worked 27 hours this week. Monday and Tuesday I worked 11 hour days. By the time I closed last night at the library, I was so exhausted I felt drunk. My co worker told me I looked defeated. Totally felt defeated. Funny thing is, I think I was too tired to sleep, it felt like I laid there for an hour before i fell asleep. I'm so tired. I need to figure something else out soon. It's going to be too much.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Those are some long days. I would not want to do that everyday. I feel for you! I loved your answers! Have a nice week!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Terri D said...

Thanks for joining the Medley and I apologize for being so late with my visit. My days have been long lately too. Hope you get some good rest!